hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Wanted for doing nothing but answer to the absent landlord, the board are out of touch, aloof and arrogant im on my way there now, this is just the start, petrie must go!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fans gathering already

Just got here. Difficult to say how many here, but its busy.

Safe to say there are several hundred here at least. Its getting really busy

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Thousands here now . Petrie out .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Any updates on the crowd size and those addressing the crowd?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to laugh at posters who think there's some code of conduct for a protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    Agree with this. Its exactly the kind of attitude that has made us soft from top to bottom.
    100% spot on. And all this hibs class sheite gives me the boak. Do whatever we can to rid this prick from our club, and if it means the same tactics as got rid of Mercer, then so be it.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Paul Kane, Kenny McLean jnr, Jackie McNamara, Pat Stanton so far. I reckon about 3500/4000 here.

Well done to all. I'm there in spirit! #petrieout

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Got to laugh at posters who think there's some code of conduct for a protest.
    Not a code of conduct as such but maybe some lines that shouldn't be crossed or are you really saying anything goes?

So whats going on then?? Are folk just listening to the speakers or is everyone screaming blue murder?

Any pavement dancing or claret spillages yet??

First Team Breakthrough
    Great turn out. I am sitting on a trolley in ERI or would be there with my boys. Petrie out!
    Good to here that sky are there for all to see we could do with having the media backing us.

I left about 10 minutes ago as it was finishing. Great turnout, hard to judge from where i was but at a guess id say it was 1600 or 1700.

There were speeches from kenny mclean jnr, pat stanton, micky weir and some other boy whose name i missed. Kano made 3 or 4 speeches. They played hibs songs in between the speeches and there were songs from the fans a few times.

All in it went much better than i suspected and should be well covered in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    Paul Kane, Kenny McLean jnr, Jackie McNamara, Pat Stanton so far. I reckon about 3500/4000 here.

Photos please....

excellent turn out & emotional speeches, very worthwhile, but it's only the start of the fight to reclaim the club.

So was it 1600 or 4000 there? Either way well done to all who attended.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    100% spot on. And all this hibs class sheite gives me the boak. Do whatever we can to rid this prick from our club, and if it means the same tactics as got rid of Mercer, then so be it.
    Comparing Petrie to mercer is laughable! There shouldn't be any dirty tactics especially not those that were used against mercer.

I went to the protest despite not being in agreement with Kane etc but i admit it went pretty well i accept that what I've said about him and how i felt was wrong. Humble pie for me.
    Last edited by ionahibby; 07-06-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    Comparing Petrie to mercer is laughable! There shouldn't be any dirty tactics especially not those that were used against mercer.

I went to the protest despite not being in agreement with Kane etc but i admit it went pretty well i accept that what I've said about him and how i felt was wrong. Humble pie for me.
    You keep laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Looks like a decent turn-out.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Great turn out. I'd say around the 1500 mark but hard to judge. The tone of the protest was right too. No histrionics, just a simple message that we want Petrie out and we will be there for as long as it takes.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

I left about 10 minutes ago as it was finishing. Great turnout, hard to judge from where i was but at a guess id say it was 1600 or 1700.

There were speeches from kenny mclean jnr, pat stanton, micky weir and some other boy whose name i missed. Kano made 3 or 4 speeches. They played hibs songs in between the speeches and there were songs from the fans a few times.

All in it went much better than i suspected and should be well covered in the press.
    Well done to all involved, it will be interesting to hear what response the club makes.

Did anyone mention what's next on the agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Well done to all involved, it will be interesting to hear what response the club makes.

Did anyone mention what's next on the agenda?
    During one of Paul Kane's speeches he asked the fans to raise their hands if they wanted the campaign to continue until we get rid of Petrie. It was obviously unanimous. He then asked how many of us wanted them to campaign for proper representation on the board etc. Again this was unanimous.

Seems like the plan is to continue with the Petrie Out campaign until he is gone and then go about improving the relationship between the fans and the club. It seemed to me that they may try to encourage as many fans to buy shares in the club as possible, although he didn't actually say it.

There weren't any concrete plans revealed as to how they'll go about getting him removed, or what the next step is, although Kano did say that the fans would be the first to know when they had any news.

I was near the back of the crowd, and the quality of the sound system wasn't great, but I think that sums it up. If anyone was nearer the front and any of that is wrong, feel free to correct it.

Kano and Pat Stanton seemed to genuinely take a lot of encouragement from the numbers that turned up and assured us that they will fight on until the bawbag is removed
    Last edited by Big_Franck; 07-06-2014 at 12:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    As protests go, it was very well behave and plenty Hibs tunes being played between speeches too. The organisers estimated the attendance as 2,000 - 2,500 but I was tucked in near the stand in case it started pishin rain, so we weren't in the best place to estimate the crowd. I'd have guessed that 2,000 wouldn't be far off the mark.

Good speeches. No rants, just statements from people who clearly care about the club.

Paul Kane came over better than i expected too, so fair play to the guy.

During one of Paul Kane's speeches he asked the fans to raise their hands if they wanted the campaign to continue until we get rid of Petrie. It was obviously unanimous. He then asked how many of us wanted them to campaign for proper representation on the board etc. Again this was unanimous.

Seems like the plan is to continue with the Petrie Out campaign until he is gone and then go about improving the relationship between the fans and the club. It seemed to me that they may try to encourage as many fans to buy shares in the club as possible, although he didn't actually say it.

There weren't any concrete plans revealed as to how they'll go about getting him removed, or what the next step is, although Kano did say that the fans would be the first to know when they had any news.

I was near the back of the crowd, and the quality of the sound system wasn't great, but I think that sums it up. If anyone was nearer the front and any of that is wrong, feel free to correct it.

Kano and Pat Stanton seemed to genuinely take a lot of encouragement from the numbers that turned up and assured us that they will fight on until the bawbag is removed.
    Thanks BBF

Hope this bawbag tag takes hold.

Some on here will be disappointed that there wasn't a more ROBUST protest but that would have been playing into Petrie's hands. Well done all!

Well worth going and I'd suggest about 2000 present. Good to hear from the ex players about standards expected at HFC and just how far short we are of them right now. A good few 'We want Petrie Out' chants but nothing disrespectful.

Pleased with the turnout, pleased for the organisers.

#petrieout

Probably about 2000, well represented and saw a good few fimiliar faces.

#petrieout

First Team Breakthrough borstalboy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BigJ_86
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Well worth going and I'd suggest about 2000 present. Good to hear from the ex players about standards expected at HFC and just how far short we are of them right now. A good few 'We want Petrie Out' chants but nothing disrespectful.

Pleased with the turnout, pleased for the organisers.

#petrieout

Really liked Mickey Weir as a speaker, summed it up nicely when he said that when he joined Hibs he was told by the likes of Stanton etc what it actually meant to play for Hibs!!

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    I expected LD was going to be speaking to the fans today ....I thought id read some chat about her wanting to engage us about ticket pricing etc ...or did I just imagaine that ?

Quote Originally Posted by borstalboy View Post

Really liked Mickey Weir as a speaker, summed it up nicely when he said that when he joined Hibs he was told by the likes of Stanton etc what it actually meant to play for Hibs!!
    This is exactly what needs to be reinstalled at the club. Players understanding 100% how important this club is and what it means to be at Hibernian football club. Players that play for the badge and take pride and have passion for the club, not these pathetic journeymen we have seen so many of over the past few years that couldn't really give a **** one way or another - just happy to be picking up a pay packet at the end of the day.