hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, they are doing it to try and get rid of RP - with no long term viable option on view (stage 2 /3).

Would we be entertaining anybody else coming in saying - "oh don't worry we have plans, but can't share them yet"...
    but we'll entertain those who are already there that winnae share theirs? Nae need now mind you, we've just suffered the results of his plans, what a job yer man has done, well done.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 05-06-2014 at 01:41 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No, they are doing it to try and get rid of RP - with no long term viable option on view (stage 2 /3).

Would we be entertaining anybody else coming in saying - "oh don't worry we have plans, but can't share them yet"...
    That's exactly what RP does at AGM's......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member

Stop trying to make it personal, different people will have different opinions on different things, so what? That's life, the board will also have different opinions on different issues, rod ****ing petrie is not the only person who can act as conduit between club and absent owner, we are going to the car park at west stand on Saturday to remove his toxic brand from the club, other plans can happen after that this been achieved!

The long term option is in place she is leean dempster. The whole point is to get Petrie out to allow her to do the role the way she sees fit.

Once again I'll ask you DH who would you elect spokesperson if the guys aren't what your looking for.

You certainly have a lot to say on the subject so what are your ideas then? You can agree with them or not but I think you're assertion that they are only in this for the self-publicity is way off the mark. They would have know that quite a bit of flak would come their way for their stance but were undeterred. Surely that is to be commended, if nothing else?

It's easy to sit back and slag off those who feel strongly enough to actually DO something about a situation that they have felt, and stated publicly, that they are unhappy with over many years.

@hibs.net private member
    Really ?

I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr
    To suggest that people who do work on a voluntary basis, for supporters branches or HSA etc, are only doing this for self publicity is very disrespectful!

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoantheCabbage View Post
    The long term option is in place she is leean dempster. The whole point is to get Petrie out to allow her to do the role the way she sees fit.

Once again I'll ask you DH who would you elect spokesperson if the guys aren't what your looking for.
    Then lets give LD some time to assert herself - it is not unusal for a handover period to take place.

My personal view is that RP will depart when the time is right, and STF is confident that LD can secure the long term stability of the club, and live within its means.

Then lets give LD some time to assert herself - it is not unusal for a handover period to take place.

My personal view is that RP will depart when the time is right, and STF is confident that LD can secure the long term stability of the club, and live within its means.
    Petrie will still have the majority say on anything LD comes up with. We have been down this route before with fife hyland and Scott Lindsay which didn't work. Complete removal is needed before we can see any benefit a new leader will bring in to the club

Why would a handover be necessary if she is taking complete control to bring in fresh ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MoantheCabbage View Post
    Petrie will still have the majority say on anything LD comes up with. We have been down this route before with fife hyland and Scott Lindsay which didn't work. Complete removal is needed before we can see any benefit a new leader will bring in to the club

Why would a handover be necessary if she is taking complete control to bring in fresh ideas?
    If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to decide ?

[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;4049108]If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to t

The protest is to show the fans no longer trust in the current CEO therefor demonstrating shows the owner and other board members that the life blood of the club (the fans) want change as no one involved with the club seems to think there is an issue when there clearly is

STF hasn't bothered to give any statements in regard to any of the current issues as he simply doesn't want to be involved with the daily routine of the club which is why Petrie was allowed a 10% stake in the club.

Finger crossed the demo will have the board sit up and notice we deserve better from our club

[QUOTE=MoantheCabbage;4049123]
    If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to t

The protest is to show the fans no longer trust in the current CEO therefor demonstrating shows the owner and other board members that the life blood of the club (the fans) want change as no one involved with the club seems to think there is an issue when there clearly is

STF hasn't bothered to give any statements in regard to any of the current issues as he simply doesn't want to be involved with the daily routine of the club which is why Petrie was allowed a 10% stake in the club.

Finger crossed the demo will have the board sit up and notice we deserve better from our club

Cheers - all I want is a Hibs that I grew up supporting, and a club that I know will be around for my son to support.

Stay safe on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

If Petrie was to come out and say he's leaving in x amount of months when Dempster has gotten up to speed then I think most people would accept that, the fact that he hasn't means to me that he's no intention of leaving.

If complete removal is needed - then surely STF is the only man that can do this - I'm not disagreeing with you, but surely it is up to the majority shareholder to decide ?

DH, you obviously have strong feelings on this, which is fair enough. I'd like to write down how I see it, which might (hopefully) answer your questions:

---

Most of us seem to be happy for Dempster to take charge and see if she can make a difference. A large number of Hibs Supporters no longer have any faith in Petrie, or trust him NOT to interfere in Dempster decisions, therefore want him out of the way completely to let her get on and do the job in her way.

You are right that STF, and Petrie himself, are the only ones that can remove him. The point of the protest is to get over just how strong the feeling is among the support about Petrie's position. He will not necessarily be convinced by one protest but, if it is the start of an ongoing, visible campaign, then it may yield the desired result in time.

The alternative is to sit back and do nothing and just hope for the best.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If Petrie was to come out and say he's leaving in x amount of months when Dempster has gotten up to speed then I think most people would accept that, the fact that he hasn't means to me that he's no intention of leaving.
    Do you not realize that the team you grew up supporting has long gone thanks to petrie? Dempster can say what she likes but if we still have this the dinosaur having the final say and then, being the conduit between club and owner, things won't change, that's why we want petrie out, for the benefit of the club, petrie has nothing but contempt for fan's he is out of touch and belongs to a different era, with different attitudes, he has to go!

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    The gates will be shut. This protest is going to be embarrassing and seems quite poorly thought out IMO
    I think that would be pretty poor of the club if they closed the gates TBH. I can understand them not allowing folk into the stadium as there has to be saftey certificates etc etc. but they should at least let us through the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    DH, you obviously have strong feelings on this, which is fair enough. I'd like to write down how I see it, which might (hopefully) answer your questions:

---

Most of us seem to be happy for Dempster to take charge and see if she can make a difference. A large number of Hibs Supporters no longer have any faith in Petrie, or trust him NOT to interfere in Dempster decisions, therefore want him out of the way completely to let her get on and do the job in her way.

You are right that STF, and Petrie himself, are the only ones that can remove him. The point of the protest is to get over just how strong the feeling is among the support about Petrie's position. He will not necessarily be convinced by one protest but, if it is the start of an ongoing, visible campaign, then it may yield the desired result in time.

The alternative is to sit back and do nothing and just hope for the best.
    Good post - respect.

On the respect front - I'm hoping the protest keeps it non-personal.

For what it's worth I think Petrie absolutely has to go for the good of the football club.
    Having said that he has done a great deal of good for Hibernian Football Club over the years though admitedlly little of it has translated to the pitch.

Anger at our situation is perfectly understandable but it is important to remember that what has been done has been done, at worst, for reasons of ego, arrogance or cynicism. It has not been done with the intention of damaging the club.

The needs to be a balance struck tomorrow between showing the respect & class that most of us believe sets us apart from those of a Maroon persuasion while forcefully asserting our position - that the club's current position is completely unacceptable and the opinion of what seems to be the majority of supporters that Rod Petrie has served his time and purpose at Hibs.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    On the respect front - I'm hoping the protest keeps it non-personal.

For what it's worth I think Petrie absolutely has to go for the good of the football club.
    Having said that he has done a great deal of good for Hibernian Football Club over the years though admitedlly little of it has translated to the pitch.

Anger at our situation is perfectly understandable but it is important to remember that what has been done has been done, at worst, for reasons of ego, arrogance or cynicism. It has not been done with the intention of damaging the club.

The needs to be a balance struck tomorrow between showing the respect & class that most of us believe sets us apart from those of a Maroon persuasion while forcefully asserting our position - that the club's current position is completely unacceptable and the opinion of what seems to be the majority of supporters that Rod Petrie has served his time and purpose at Hibs.
    I don't agree with the protest but if it happens I hope it is in this manner.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Fans asked to gather at Car Park, West Stand.

The club would do best to open the gates to east stand area outside the actual stand and let people gather there... Won't interrupt the meeting and won't annoy the people who own car park... And would mean police could keep an eye on who was entering as only 1 entrance

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    The club would do best to open the gates to east stand area outside the actual stand and let people gather there... Won't interrupt the meeting and won't annoy the people who own car park... And would mean police could keep an eye on who was entering as only 1 entrance
    Yes this is very true, it also shows the contempt that the board has for the very life blood of the club, they are out of touch and this is why we need change, the old guard led by pettier has to be removed

Although I have expressed doubts about it I hope there is a very large turnout for this protest. The only way change can be achieved is if pressure continues to be applied. Of course there will be some angry chants but I fully expect this to be a respectful gathering of people concerned about the club they love. None of us will get everything we want out of this but hopefully we all get something.
    GGTTH
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    two weeks worth of rain to drop tomorrow

Bathgate Gala day the morra so rain was a cert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    You certainly have a lot to say on the subject so what are your ideas then? You can agree with them or not but I think you're assertion that they are only in this for the self-publicity is way off the mark. They would have know that quite a bit of flak would come their way for their stance but were undeterred. Surely that is to be commended, if nothing else?

It's easy to sit back and slag off those who feel strongly enough to actually DO something about a situation that they have felt, and stated publicly, that they are unhappy with over many years.
    Whatever their motives, they haven't been very good at convincing people they know what they are doing. I hope they can make it clearer what it is they hope to achieve at the Family Fun Protest - they deserve a chance.

I've not been very impressed with their behaviour so far. As you say though, at least they are doing something about it. They deserve a chance to show that they have the answers.

I can't help feeling that they dont though.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post

Hear hear

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Yes this is very true, it also shows the contempt that the board has for the very life blood of the club, they are out of touch and this is why we need change, the old guard led by pettier has to be removed
    As soon as the club let people into the grounds it becomes a club issue to police. They have stated that time and again. I really dont want the club spending money or fined for this event.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    two weeks worth of rain to drop tomorrow

Bathgate Gala day the morra so rain was a cert
    WOuldnt be a bathgate gala without rain and few stabbings

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    So do we have a confirmed start time and running order for the speeches yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Given their is a " severe weather " warning for SE Scotland for Saturday wonder how many diehards will turn up ?
    looks like the sun has decided tae shine on us now that god has joined our side.

the sun shines on the righteous.

#petrieout

Got to laugh at posters who think there's some code of conduct for a protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Got to laugh at posters who think there's some code of conduct for a protest.
    Agree with this. Its exactly the kind of attitude that has made us soft from top to bottom.