hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the 60's I used tae at Easter Road. Now in my 60's 10 men couldnae carry me or Nade!!

GGTTH

BIG G
    It's aw relative Big G - yir just a lightweight really!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Just to echo what has been said.

The protest will go ahead at ER as originally planned. The feedback Kano got was that people felt that was where it should happen so it will. As said in the OP a note of speakers etc will be forthcoming.

Also worth noting is that Paul has spent the morning meeting with Police and they are aware of the protest going ahead at ER.
    That sounds positive, let's hope the polis and the fans play nice and this might just turnout ok. Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    I do hope that when I get there It won't just be me and a couple of jakeys dry humping a bollard!
    Worse still if it's just you and timewilltell dry humping each other
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Worse still if it's just you and timewilltell dry humping each other

Given their is a " severe weather " warning for SE Scotland for Saturday wonder how many diehards will turn up ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Given their is a " severe weather " warning for SE Scotland for Saturday wonder how many diehards will turn up ?
    Weather has never stopped me watching pish fitba every week, it winnae stop me turning up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I have also been invited to this meeting via Erin Trust. I have no desire to climb gates etc

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post

Serious question with no criticsm intended .
    How many " factions" are attending this " meeting" and will they all be " singing from the same hymn sheet " ?

Reason I ask is have spoken with reps from four separate groups and again not being critical they all have other/different agendas alongsde the
    " Petrie Must Go" main one .

How many " factions" are attending this " meeting" and will they all be " singing from the same hymn sheet " ?

Reason I ask is have spoken with reps from four separate groups and again not being critical they all have other/different agendas alongsde the

I'm confused too JD. Are you referring to Leeann's Working Together meeting scheduled weeks ago before we were relegated or the separate #Petrie Out campaign initiated last Monday?

Sounds like you are mixing up your apples and your pears
    Last edited by RIP; 04-06-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Are you referring to the protest or the meeting with Ms Dempster, jdships? If it's the protest, it's open to every Hibby. If it's the meeting with Ms D, there are many groups attending under the umbrella of 'Working Together', made up of branches, Former Players Assoc., Hibs Historical Trust, Leith Links etc, etc.

PS I was laughing at Gerard's point of not jumping over gates. A 'woosh' moment for him, if you like

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Between the age of 60 and 70? Never shirley!!

So is yer sexagenarian chairman yer granda or yer da Rory?
    Aw, I thought it just meant old!

Naw he's no, but he'll be delighted when I tell him Big G said he was haha

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I'm confused too JD. Are you referring to Leeann's Working Together meeting scheduled weeks ago before we were relegated or the separate #Petrie Out campaign initiated last Monday?

Sounds like you are mixing up your apples and your pears
    Agree not quite sure exactly what is happening !!

Are you referring to the protest or the meeting with Ms Dempster, jdships? If it's the protest, it's open to every Hibby. If it's the meeting with Ms D, there are many groups attending under the umbrella of 'Working Together', made up of branches, Former Players Assoc., Hibs Historical Trust, Leith Links etc, etc.

PS I was laughing at Gerard's point of not jumping over gates. A 'woosh' moment for him, if you like
    So there are two separate meetings on different days ?
    Do I take one is " Official" and the other is whoever turns up can take part ?

Interesting to say the least !

Agree not quite sure exactly what is happening !!
    There are two meetings on Sat. One with Leeann Dempster and the other is the protest, 'Petrie Out'

There are two meetings on Sat. One with Leeann Dempster and the other is the protest, 'Petrie Out'
    Thanks
    ER car park could be a busy place on Saturday

Will there be a picket line?

PETRIE OUT

Thanks
    ER car park could be a busy place on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Will there be a picket line?

PETRIE OUT
    Hope not as I'm going to the meeting

Can somebody explain something to me because I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much). I've got every intention of going to the protest to get rid of Petrie, but I'm not in favour of getting rid of Butcher. I'm assuming this protest is purely Petrie-related yeh? If it is I'll definitely be there, but if it's related to Butcher I definitely won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Can somebody explain something to me because I'm a little confused (it doesn't take much). I've got every intention of going to the protest to get rid of Petrie, but I'm not in favour of getting rid of Butcher. I'm assuming this protest is purely Petrie-related yeh? If it is I'll definitely be there, but if it's related to Butcher I definitely won't.
    It's called 'Petrie Out'. I think there's a clue in there

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Your fine - it used to be called a "witch hunt".

Only one person will define RP's status at Hibs - STF.

Still, plenty of publicity for the "gropu of four", guess it is their 15 minutes of fame .

Reading over some of the posts bud it sounds as if there will defo be a 'Petrie Out' line and a mini 'Butcher Out' picket. No list of speakers to the masses so we'll be standing about to give folk like Kano a wee cheer as he walks passed, Dempster has said basically there is no point and i personally believe there will be some form of statement from Leeann tomorrow followed by the announcement of 4 player signings with the new strip will be modelled.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Reading over some of the posts bud it sounds as if there will defo be a 'Petrie Out' line and a mini 'Butcher Out' picket. No list of speakers to the masses so we'll be standing about to give folk like Kano a wee cheer as he walks passed, Dempster has said basically there is no point and i personally believe there will be some form of statement from Leeann tomorrow followed by the announcement of 4 player signings with the new strip will be modelled.
    Hmm, I kind of suspected that was the case re. the protest. I'm all in favour of a few speeches etc regarding action against Petrie, but I'm certainly not going along to massage the ego of the organizers, whoever they may be. At the moment I'm still going, but that could change if Dempster issues some significant information before then.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Surely any kind of demonstration has to have an organiser or it would be lawless. I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr

Keith sands tried to organise a protest which didn't materialise because mediocrity and failure is acceptable to some. This looks like we are gathering a momentum and have purpose in getting the fans together to make change happen

I hope we turn up in huge numbers and make sure Our voices are heard or I'm afraid it's back to mediocrity and failure once again

Really ?

I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Really ?

I am pretty sure the 4 guys involved aren't organising a protest to massage their egos or to become some sort of martyr
    Really?????? Is that some kind of retort

The guys in question are all season ticket holders trying to get behind the fans and organise what most believe to be the ongoing problem at hibs.

What do you think is the problem with hibs and if you think the guys are only involved for some kind of popularity contest then who should be the spokesman?

It's called 'Petrie Out'. I think there's a clue in there
    Its not tho. Many people involved are saying on this site that Butcher out os part of it too. A clear statemnt needs to be made by PK as to what the purpose of the demo is, AND what do they want to happen. At the moment its a cert that there are going to be a few hundred people standing at the gates shouting "PetButchFarmer OUT"

regarding attire for this protest, what are we talking Petrie out sandwich boards or just normal Hibs gear?

Can someone estimate how many will be there, hopefully at least as many as after the Hamilton game.....We are coming through but don't want it to end up being one man and his dug standing there.

Fwiw im also only intetested in the removal of Petrie, not Butcher at this point anyway unti he clears out the rest of the wasters and gets his own players in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Your fine - it used to be called a "witch hunt".

Only one person will define RP's status at Hibs - STF.

Still, plenty of publicity for the "gropu of four", guess it is their 15 minutes of fame .

Yeah because the only reason the "group of four" are doing it, is to gain press time.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Yeah because the only reason the "group of four" are doing it, is to gain press time.....
    No, they are doing it to try and get rid of RP - with no long term viable option on view (stage 2 /3).

Would we be entertaining anybody else coming in saying - "oh don't worry we have plans, but can't share them yet"...