hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hibs for sale!

Trust me 100% hibs fanatic ask big G from the st pats branch of which I'm a member and a member of the leith hibs supporters before that
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye right. Whatever.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    OK, put me down as a 'not'.

You're either another attention seeker or a Yam attempting (yet another) pathetic wind-up.
    He is neither of the above.

I only posted it because I seen someone else had heard the same thing, all I'm going to add is my friend who told me is friends with Gary O'hagen

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Quote Originally Posted by mackie77 View Post
    No idea of what day, I got told they've been trying to put this together for the last 6 months or so
    6 months??

They will never handle the transfer window!

Americans OUT!!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    No idea of what day, I got told they've been trying to put this together for the last 6 months or so
    Lets hope they can put a team together a lot more quickly.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    A lot of you need to take a look at yourselves btw, I started a thread on "possible teams for next season - cheerful speculation" and first 2 comments were like someone had caught me in the crosshair.

We've had Charlie Reid say that fans need to stay united, we've had Paul Kane say the same and yet on a forum almost everyone can't wait to lay in to each other. Not seen so many "where is the proof?", "why would anyone invest in Hibs?", "you're a yam" and, in general, an accusational tone to everything typed.

We've even had a warning on behaviour to each other by admins here and yet people default to a "you're a yam" - even if it is potentially something positive for the club. If it is a yam, then clearly they've achieved whatever they wanted to achieve - Hibs fans slagging their own club (e.g. "Who would invest in us??"). If it isn't, who truly would want to invest in us after the comments in this thread alone - surely fans of the club would want some investment especially after relegation? No, not us. Not for us, "Mr. Romanov". I'll tell you whats wrong with Hibs, board room problems obviously but this deep-seated "we're better than that" (players mentioned from conference leagues and investment (Romanov - Hearts)) and "who would support/invest?" coming from our own fans is a massive problem also. Fans, are supporters. Most comments on here aren't derivative of support.

Seriously, I realise we're all hurting but think about what you are typing. This is our club after all. If there are investors. Fine. If there aren't. Fine.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I've no idea of the rumours are true or not but it does my tits in the way folk get accessed of being yams. What if they are? **** it. The way I see it is if they're a hibby being genuine then great, if they're a jambo making stuff up then they're clearly a mong and don't need me to tell them that, they'll know it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Cannae see him making an Atlantic Crossing to buy Hibs.
    No, but Maggie May
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anybody know where I can buy a Texan hat? I want to be dressed appropriately when I shake these guys by the hand.

I also want something that's easy to kick in 6 months time.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I've no idea of the rumours are true or not but it does my tits in the way folk get accessed of being yams. What if they are? **** it. The way I see it is if they're a hibby being genuine then great, if they're a jambo making stuff up then they're clearly a mong and don't need me to tell them that, they'll know it themselves.

Fair enough, but it does my tits in that there are so many people coming on here claiming to be in the know about one thing or another and point blank refuse to give any source for what they say. In some instances, there may be good reason for keeping names secret. However, if the information is SO sensitive, why are they sharing it in the first place, risking the source becoming known indirectly?

A number of recent 'stories' appear to be unfounded rumours, some of which could get the hopes up of fellow Hibs fans. Some of these rumours are started by Yams at the wind-up, purely to take the p*ss out of Hibs, Hibs fans and readers of this site.

I will continue to demand evidence from these people, or else this whole site will just be one endless list of attention seeking and wind-ups.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    No, but Maggie May
    I've reason to believe that she's sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I've reason to believe that she's sailing.
    Factually incorrect I'm afraid. She's on a Downtown Train
    This is how it feels

An American owner/investment group, particularly one based in the north east of America, could be very interested in Hibs.

No idea if one is, if this is a wind up or not but it could happen.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Can't see the new owner thing being true. What happens if they don't want Dempster or she does not want to work for them ?

I think/hope the far reaching changes Petrie has been alluding to are a form of fan trust ownership of the football side of the business.

If that is not what Rod announces, it could be an idea to put to Farmer.

He definitely wants out of responsibility for Hibs but won't want to see it taken over by some Spivs.

Dempster been working with Motherwell fans for sometime to get their Trust off the ground, so she should know the nuts and bolts.

Rather than putting our energies into a battle to force Petrie out ,with no next step planned, we should be offering to take the over the running of the football club, with Farmer's agreement of course......... Anyone up for that ?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Fair enough, but it does my tits in that there are so many people coming on here claiming to be in the know about one thing or another and point blank refuse to give any source for what they say. In some instances, there may be good reason for keeping names secret. However, if the information is SO sensitive, why are they sharing it in the first place, risking the source becoming known indirectly?

A number of recent 'stories' appear to be unfounded rumours, some of which could get the hopes up of fellow Hibs fans. Some of these rumours are started by Yams at the wind-up, purely to take the p*ss out of Hibs, Hibs fans and readers of this site.

I will continue to demand evidence from these people, or else this whole site will just be one endless list of attention seeking and wind-ups.
    I think you're being harsh imo.

Lots of people will hear things but won't want to give their names for obvious reasons.

One reason for bringing it up might not be attention seeking but simply to hear if other people have heard the same thing.

Obviously sometimes people will talk pish but calling them a yam or demanding their source is unlikely to change that.

Sneak preview of next season's Hibs TV offering

http://www.theladbible.com/videos/ho...ed-in-football
    This is how it feels

Spot on

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Factually incorrect I'm afraid. She's on a Downtown Train
    I don't want to talk about it.

You win
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    His Dad was a Hibs fan but Rod supports Celtic. Doubt this is true. Good laugh though!
    Are we sure. He has previous fir changing hugs colours. Might be a Hibby now?
    Attached Images Attached Images

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

You'll continue to demand evidence. To save us all from attention seeking. Hmm, demand...attention seeking. Wait a sec...

It's an online forum, not a courtroom. You'll scare off genuine Hibs fans with this pitchfork, "where were you during the hours", type mentality.

Heard the same rumour I've been told that ex chairman Malcolm McDonald ( sorry if I got the name wrong) is the man behind the Americans bid which is meant to be announced this week.
    I heard three weeks ago from a good friend that there was overseas interest in Hibs and that Sir Tom Farmer has been spending the last six months researching and getting back ground information on the interested party.

To be honest took it with a pinch of salt and laughed.

Just cannae see anyone interested in buying in to the club and investing

What happens if this is true, we get new rich American owners but one of their stipulations is that Petrie stays?!

Just being a dick :)

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    What happens if this is true, we get new rich American owners but one of their stipulations is that Petrie stays?!

Just being a dick :)
    Never know it may be the opposite and theyve requested Leeann as replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    You'll continue to demand evidence. To save us all from attention seeking. Hmm, demand...attention seeking. Wait a sec...

It's an online forum, not a courtroom. You'll scare off genuine Hibs fans with this pitchfork, "where were you during the hours", type mentality.

OK, I'll just take it at face-value then.

Come on the Yanks and the newly named 'Hibernian Hawks'

Go Football!

Left by mutual consent!
    Knowing our luck, it'll be a group of Arizona water barons.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Not saying I believe his story, but I doubt the guy's a yam. Why would a yam post something that would give hibs supporters optimism? If he claimed Wallace Mercer's son was trying to buy hibs then yes, possible yam, but I just don't see it in this instance.
    To split their sides laughing when they believe it and discuss it optimistically?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    OK, I'll just take it at face-value then.

Come on the Yanks and the newly named 'Hibernian Hawks'

Go Football!

Never said that. You are truly making your attention seeking statement hypocritical though.

There are better ways to go about seeking information than to type "Come on, names, dates...". Who knows if it is real or not, I asked for announcement time. Couldn't be given so I'm skeptical. I may be wrong, so I'll keep open mind.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    I was told there is an interested party (or parties) late last week, local lads no longer living in Edinburgh who had made their fortune in a " luxury industry " it's 3rd hand info but was from a source who has been bang on in the past (most recently Stanton signing a new deal while others on here were still saying he was disappointed by the tabled offer) I don't claim to be ITK and never have but the OP heard something and simply posted it so maybe he's right maybe not but no need to be harsh

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    I need a reason to believe.