hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Who replaces Petrie?

When we get rid of faceless Rod. Who fits the bill as a replacement and what qualities do they need?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we get rid of faceless Rod. Who fits the bill as a replacement and what qualities do they need?!
    $64,000 question.

One of the indictments of his 20 years of misrule is that there appears to be a complete vacuum where the 'Succession Plan' should be.

Oscar? Elmo? Big Bird or even Homer Simpson.

All the above would provide more intuitive and insightful management of our club.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Someone whose priority is the quality and success of the team.

Left by mutual consent!
    So an ex player? Someone unrelated to hibs but with aproven track record of ambition and success? A big hibs fan?

Any names?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    So an ex player? Someone unrelated to hibs but with aproven track record of ambition and success? A big hibs fan?

Any names?
    Paul Kane?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Paul Kane?
    The present fear is that Petrie's presence, full stop, is detrimental to the good/democratic boardroom management of the club. If Leanne Dempster is to become the finger on the pulse and the major decision maker/former, is the type of person who replaces Petrie so crucial? Obviously we would want a capable, efficient and football-minded person, preferably with an interest in the well-being of Hibs. Surely there must be a plethora of people out there who fit the bill. As far as replacing Petrie is concerned, it's what we don't need just as much as what we do need.

Big Grant from forth 1

Someone mentioned a chap who worked at the SRU but was previously on our board and is a massive fan as well. Failing that im sure there is young hungry chaps out there within edinburgh who have an affiliation with our club who can bring fresh dynamic ideas who can enegage with the punters who can clearly conceive implement and execute a plan of action to take us forward and also wont accept mediocrity.

This man is a clown but so is our chairman but i think even he would have been better though the physical similarities worries me a bit !.

Unknown.jpeg

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The present fear is that Petrie's presence, full stop, is detrimental to the good/democratic boardroom management of the club. If Leanne Dempster is to become the finger on the pulse and the major decision maker/former, is the type of person who replaces Petrie so crucial? Obviously we would want a capable, efficient and football-minded person, preferably with an interest in the well-being of Hibs. Surely there must be a plethora of people out there who fit the bill. As far as replacing Petrie is concerned, it's what we don't need just as much as what we do need.
    That's a good point. Just make Dempster the chairwoman then?

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Someone mentioned a chap who worked at the SRU but was previously on our board and is a massive fan as well. Failing that im sure there is young hungry chaps out there within edinburgh who have an affiliation with our club who can bring fresh dynamic ideas who can enegage with the punters who can clearly conceive implement and execute a plan of action to take us forward and also wont accept mediocrity.
    The person you mention is a friend of mine and I was speaking to him recently about the situation.He was a board member when he had to pick up the pieces after the Duff/Gray fiasco and while he's still a supporter,he was sickened by what happened then and would not wish to become involved again-it's a thankless task.

As for the poster ,who suggested Paul Kane,much as I respect him-you're having a laugh.

There are serious people,following on from the late great Kenny Maclean, who previously would have be prepared to become involved,(members of the 50 Club,who contributed vast amounts of money to the Club's Youth policy but were rebuffed by Mr Petrie) but they don't now even go to the games.

First Team Breakthrough
    The holding of the post of both CEO and Chair bu one individual goes against all generally accepted corporate governance guidance (although Petrie would no doubt argue that this was an interim situation whilst the Club looked for LeeAnn to fill her new role). However as the quote says: "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" and I believe this to be the case with Petrie; not "corrupt" in any criminal way but absolutely corrupted in the fact he lacks any iota of understanding of what the Club ie the supporters now need. If the role of Chair is to provide guidance and effective management to Board meetings whilst the Directors carry out their respective duties. I think we need a unifying and respected voice. I don't think he would be interested but there is only one man for that role. A man who would surely let LeeAnn do her job and who has the best interests of the Club running through his veins. PAT STANTON PLEASE.

I'm sure there's a born and bred Hibs fan who has been the CEO of 2 EPL clubs. Now retired

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I'll do it.

Dempster has replaced him. Or at least will do on 1 June.

Don't think we need anyone to replace him, if he's just going to be a non-exec director then he can go and we'll just have 1 less non-exec director

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Dempster has replaced him. Or at least will do on 1 June.
    What are you babbling about? She's going to become CEO and he's going to become Chairman of the Board. At least one well-informed poster on .net has suggested that she may not even be a member of the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Don't think we need anyone to replace him, if he's just going to be a non-exec director then he can go and we'll just have 1 less non-exec director
    Exactly. We need his wisdom, experience, and guiding hand like I need a third buttock.

Petrie and Farmer will play this as a key reason for keeping Petrie as Chair - there no obvious or willing replacement. This is a significant problem. Ideally we need some influential people to find and propose a Hibs-minded chairman that we can all get behind. Until that happens Petrie will hang in there :(

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Dont want that baboon any where near the club,Petrie needs to go he cannot be hanging about in any capacity and the only one that can make him go is STF he is the one we should be meeting,Petrie has skin like a Rhino and the face to match he will not walk away,this great club is on its knees ,we have this great training academy thats being run by an absolute trumpet if the stories about him that i have read are true,it all sounds like jobs for the boys,in our current state all we can hope for is league reconstruction as our only way of escaping that league.

A further thought, STF is really the only man who can endorse Petrie's removal and replacement. How would people feel if STF proposed a replacement? That person would likely work to the same brief and perhaps have less experience in running a football club.

IMO the only way forward is for Hibs fans to get a small delegation in front of STF and discuss our needs and concerns. He did that in 1991. Needs to do it again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I'm sure there's a born and bred Hibs fan who has been the CEO of 2 EPL clubs. Now retired
    Bruce langam aston villa and Fulham. Hes already on the board as a non ex director. Has been for many years.

At the agm in 2012 he stuck up for the board and how the club is run.