hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reversep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pat Fenlon wanted Bill Hendry out of the club, but Rod did nothing to back him in the managers judgement.

I know nothing about Leann Dempsters background
    They weren't even on speaking terms for the last few months of Fenlon's reign. Fenlon used to blank him completely.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Thoughts??
    I wouldn't have turned down Wolves.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Beg to differ. I spoke to more than one member of the Hibs board about this. We never had the chance to sign Leigh for £150k at any time. By the time RP went down to try to sign Leigh he had already committed to Wolves for another year. He would therefore have never expected to get him for £70k.

It is just pure rubbish
    Nah mate, my Facebook and Twitter BOTH say it was 150k. They don't let just anyone post on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    its not pure rubbish
    I agree. It's laughably obviously pure rubbish.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

First Team Breakthrough
    dont usually reply much just use .net to read most of the time. however just like to say thanks for the insight.
    good to see lots of us pulling together in trying to sort this mess out.

Pat Fenlon wanted Bill Hendry out of the club, but Rod did nothing to back him in the managers judgement.

There's a recurring mention in some management-speak official announcements that the manager will have full control of footballing matters. Management-Exec-babble/lies.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Nah mate, my Facebook and Twitter BOTH say it was 150k. They don't let just anyone post on the Internet.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Nothing but a blatant attempt to harp on about how we must buy season tickets if we want the club to invest.

A view from the inside
    On a previous post tornado hibs asked me if I worked for the club. Having worked voluntarily, and as a paid employee and supporter I feel I am a good position to outline what actually goes on at the club. My family were heavily involved in the club including main sponsor and corporate hospitality.
    Rod Petrie:
    This has been done to death on here but here is a few examples of Rod’s complete and utter mismanagement:
    ·Surrounding himself with suits who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO football knowledge in key positions – Fyfe Hyland, Scott Lindsay (Get to him in a bit), Bill Hendry (Get to him in a bit) and Jamie Marwick
    ·Financial constraints, missing out on Leigh Griffiths is a perfect example of the lack of ambition that the current chairman has for the club. It’s well known that Griffiths was willing to sign but Rod wouldn’t stump up the cash.
    ·General acceptance of bad standards, how anyone can accept the consistent failure and think a couple of statements shows a complete lack of respect for the support
    Scott Lindsay
    Due to the above points I stood up at the AGM in 2010 and asked how departing manager John Hughes had said we had the slowest squad in the SPL but yet the club had no handle on this. Therefore, I suggested to the top table that we appoint a Director of Football but this suggestion fell on deaf ears as the non-footballing board felt it would adversely affect the manager’s position. I now wait for George Craig to be appointed Director of Football 4 years too late
    I had many discussions with Scott Lindsay during my employment at the club culminating in a meeting in the boardroom in August 2012 where I highlighted my concerns and frustrations with the way the club and youth academy were heading.
    He agreed with the vast majority of what I suggested and agreed that the club were thinking along these lines but nothing ever happened. Maybe another example of the yes men Rod employs.
    Bill Hendry Head of Youth
    During my employment at the club it was clear to see that the academy was failing for a number of reasons. The biggest reason is Bill Hendry and his complete lack of footballing knowledge and professionalism. We were and are still constantly missing out on the best talent in the central belt of Scotland, yes we have some but not enough to justify the expense of the training centre. I raised my concerns about the lack of leadership, passion and drive to Scott Lindsay in our meeting in August 2012. I was surprised that he seemed to be aware of all these issues and had compiled a dossier in what he thought was areas to move the club forward. We both agreed that the Head of Youth should have a better footballing background and qualifications for such an important role in the football club. Having said that it is widely known that Bill Hendry is a friend of John Park, and when Park left he placed Bill in the hot seat.
    I no longer work with the club and my family will no longer invest in the club through sponsorship or otherwise as long as Rod Petrie remains at our club
    Thank you for that very interesting.

Leigh was at an Edina Hibs ex players match last summer and said Hibs couldnt agree a fee with Wolves

Who do you believe Rod or Leigh Griffiths....I know who I believe
    Rod who ?

Quote Originally Posted by greenforgo View Post
    He will also be attending this years aswell, i wonder what his thoughts will be!!!
    Is he not banned from making an appearance ?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Me 2

Quote Originally Posted by Theinsider View Post
    Nothing but a blatant attempt to harp on about how we must buy season tickets if we want the club to invest.
    Story is from September 2013.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Story is from September 2013.
    Doesn't matter. It mentions Petrie therefore a stock response is required.

@hibs.net private member
    I support butcher but I do not support rod. We really need to back butcher in the summer. Yes I understand that butcher should have got the best out f the players and yes I understand that he has made errors regarding players contracts at the club (you're all out you're not getting a new deal) but I really do believe he will get it right. However with Petrie in charge. No I believe he will fail. He needs the backing of the board. Or else it will just be a spiral of appointing managers and then they fail because of no backing from the board. Fan ownership is the only way forward. We need to re invent this once great club. I know people won't agree with me on this but the fact is in January most of the funds were spent by fenlon. Butcher needs his own team. If he fails with backing from the board I will hold my hands up and admit I am wrong here. I really don't want to go to games and give Petrie my money but the team needs us more then ever. We will not be another Dundee. Our fans have shown this season we are loyal and come through for the team when they need us most. Very interesting post. Just made me more determined to get Petrie out.

Couple of things for me. I would loved more than anything to get Leigh in the summer but the summer before a number of fans wouldn't have paid 10p for him because of his antics towards the fans. Unfortunately when someone scores the goals he scored last season he became outwith our means.

2nd thing. Bill Hendry will have a more admin role soon i think

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    We could have had him after his first spell after probs he had for YES for £150 k. After his brilliant season Rod went down to meet Mokley and YES offered £70k. And if you remember he made the fact he had a meeting with Wolves.

This was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Petrie is mister clock and dagger.

Went down to wolves and embarrassed himself and hibs.

PETRIE OUT.
    And yet we are told he paid £200k for Collins

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Try nearer half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Think it was closer to £110k...but it was in the best interests of Rod to let that myth grow, that being said, £200k is absolute monkey nuts, ive no idea why that figure is somehow a gauranteed expectation of quality

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    I've heard rumblings about Bill Hendry being absolutely useless and it seems they are true. Makes a lot of sense given the facilities we have had for 7 years now and we aren't producing players/teams worthy of the first team yet.

Butcher said as much when he announced that Cummings joined Hibs for HALF the money Hearts were offering.

My own worry now is having known a fair few of the boys from Falkirks youth system if the rumours about Eddie May are true he could be yet another imposter.

Good read, thanks for posting.
    Please expand - the Falkirk die-hard at my work says Eddie has and eye for a player something Pat Stanton acknowledged as a weakness at first team level. Never a manager but that's not what his role would be.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    In my opinion i don't think Griffiths wanted to come back to Hibs on a permanent deal with us, just my opinion though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Try nearer half that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    Think it was closer to £110k...but it was in the best interests of Rod to let that myth grow, that being said, £200k is absolute monkey nuts, ive no idea why that figure is somehow a gauranteed expectation of quality
    Heard the same from Stuart Gilmour, the St Mirren chairman/owner. He also said we paid close to 200k for Heffernan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Please expand - the Falkirk die-hard at my work says Eddie has and eye for a player something Pat Stanton acknowledged as a weakness at first team level. Never a manager but that's not what his role would be.
    That might be true, it was more his development and coaching of the youth players that was questioned. I know a couple of the lads who used to be youth boys at falkirk, one who is still there.

Also on the 'eye for the player' front, we have Marsella the messiah for that it would seem

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    No facts as usual..... Just hearsay ......

Getting bored with all this now.

New CEO new season, new team, let's just get on with it!

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    No facts as usual..... Just hearsay ......

Getting bored with all this now.

New CEO new season, new team, let's just get on with it!
    New league...,,

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Thanks OP, interesting read.

While I can't comment on most of it, a few things I have heard (and some I already posted.)

RP believed a deal had been made to sign LG for £285,000 and was down at Wolves trying to conclude the deal when they sacked their manager, appointed Saunders and he was unwilling to sanction any moves until he had assessed the squad. RP went back again last summer but Wolves refused to sell. I agree with silver, if LG had really wanted to come back he wouldn't have signed the extension.....

PF wanted rid of someone in the youth set-up (my mate who told me couldn't remember the name, I suspect based on other things I've read here it was Bill Hendry) but RP refused to get rid of him.

We paid just over £100,000 for Collins.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    Heard the same from Stuart Gilmour, the St Mirren chairman/owner. He also said we paid close to 200k for Heffernan.
    I might be wrong but did killie not release heffernan? Surely wouldnt have had to pay anything for him?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    I might be wrong but did killie not release heffernan? Surely wouldnt have had to pay anything for him?
    Not 100% sure what the circumstances were, but according to Wikipedia, we agreed a deal with Kilmarnock on the 30th of August last year.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    Not 100% sure what the circumstances were, but according to Wikipedia, we agreed a deal with Kilmarnock on the 30th of August last year.
    According to the daily ranger it was a freebie

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibernian-boss-pat-fenlon-delighted-2269452

You never know though bud

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Who is George Craig and is he being appointed DOF?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinAyr View Post
    I support butcher but I do not support rod. We really need to back butcher in the summer. Yes I understand that butcher should have got the best out f the players and yes I understand that he has made errors regarding players contracts at the club (you're all out you're not getting a new deal) but I really do believe he will get it right. However with Petrie in charge. No I believe he will fail. He needs the backing of the board. Or else it will just be a spiral of appointing managers and then they fail because of no backing from the board. Fan ownership is the only way forward. We need to re invent this once great club. I know people won't agree with me on this but the fact is in January most of the funds were spent by fenlon. Butcher needs his own team. If he fails with backing from the board I will hold my hands up and admit I am wrong here. I really don't want to go to games and give Petrie my money but the team needs us more then ever. We will not be another Dundee. Our fans have shown this season we are loyal and come through for the team when they need us most. Very interesting post. Just made me more determined to get Petrie out.
    Agree Petrie, his board and his whole ethos of 'Business 1st - Football 2nd' must go but I don't understand why all of a sudden 'Fan Ownership' is THE guaranteed way to success and prosperity ?. These clowns across the town seem to have everyone convinced it is (along with some help from their loving media) but next season they're going to be supporting teams/players they CAN afford. For the vast majority of their support it's going to be a huge culture-shock. Let's see what happens to their numbers then !.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I`m not having a go at the OP here or defending RP but I think a lot of myth and heresay have been built up around Leigh Griffith`s time at the club - as far as I am aware (and I`m probably wrong here) Wolves always had an option to extend Leigh`s contract with them which they duly did.

The thing that has always bothered me is that once Wolves took up that option, all Leigh had to do was wait until the New Year and then he could`ve signed a pre-contract with any team he wanted to - instead, Leigh decided to sign a new two year contract with Wolves - not exactly the actions of a man desperate to play for Hibs.
    Thoughts??

The people perpetuating the 'Leigh was available for £150k' always skate over the biggest issue - his salary demands.

I am sure if we offered him £8k a week he would be happy to play for Hibs... The fact is we can't and so he's sought to get the best deal elsewhere. I don't blame him for that, but it's a bit disingenuous for LG to claim that he'd love to sign for us when he knows we won't pay the kind of money he's after.