hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hibernian Supporters Association - Article in the Daily Record

Apologies if already posted. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...medium=twitter

FURIOUS Hibs fans are set to go into all-out attack in a bid to oust chairman Rod Petrie and boss Terry Butcher.

The Leith faithful want a clearout from top to bottom following the club’s plunge into the Championship.

Key fan groups, ex-players and influential corporate supporters met last night and will now come up with a battle plan.

Mike Riley, chairman of the Hibernian Supporters’ Association, said: “We want Petrie to resign and we want Butcher and Maurice Malpas to resign as well.

“We want a complete clearout at Easter Road and will announce plans about how we’re going to go about it. It will be an attack – we’re not sitting back.

“We want the coaches to go, the scouts to go. Everything. There’s something really rotten in Easter Road. What happens if you’ve got a rotten apple? You smash it up and throw it away.

“Petrie said he won’t walk away and that it would be wrong to pack it in. Why?

“If Leeann Dempster is coming in to run everything and be the chief executive why do we need Petrie? It’s the second time his policies have seen us relegated.”

Riley also revealed the fans want representation on the board but admitted some punters overstepped the mark with their protests after Sunday’s defeat.

One TV journalist was hit by a coin and Riley said: “There’s no excuse for hitting any innocent people.

“You can never condone violence but feelings were running high. There were 18,000 fans there and what do Hibs do? Make a fool of us. Kids were crying in their sleep. Grown-ups in tears.”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Who is this Mike Reilly, seems to always be the spokesman for Hibs fans?

Don't always agree with what he says, but he's pretty much spot on this time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is the chainman of the Hibs supporters assoc from the club at sunnyside. Mike was pretty much spot on with his comments.

@hibs.net private member
    He's spot on

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    He is the chainman of the Hibs supporters assoc from the club at sunnyside. Mike was pretty much spot on with his comments.
    Yeah agreed with everything he had to say

First Team Breakthrough
    Know Mike from his time as manager at Marinello's pub on Leith Walk years ago (now the Meridian or Fine Line or something). I spoke to him in the Club after Sunday and he mentioned that there was going to be a meeting last night as this is the straw that has broken the camel's back. He did say that a lot of influential people were involved and that they wouldn't be sitting back (pretty much like his comments in the Record article) but he didn't give any details and I didn't think it fair to press him on it as like everyone else I was shell shocked at the time (now replaced by real rage).

Next few days I think will see more, we can only hope it's the news we want.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    In agreement. Except with his advice on what to do with a rotten apple. I'd throw it away but would refrain from smashing it up first. Too messy. Throwing away will suffice

Article is absolute pash..
    Change is necessary, change is coming.

I would not destroy the club by ejecting the entire staff
    and handing it over to over-emotional (Yes passionate) fans.

Fan inclusion has to come but not on a knee jerk flash point.

The doors would be shut within a year, at this rate.

Forever Hibees.

Riley also revealed the fans want representation on the board

Knowing Mike he could see himself at the top table.

Blog Entries
    I don't agree with everything he's asking for as there are a lot of good coaches at youth level but i certainly agree with the sentiment of taking action. Rod's statement on Sunday was ridiculous as it seemed to me like he fully expects us to sit on our hands and do nowt.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ****gy View Post
    Article is absolute pash..
    Change is necessary, change is coming.

I would not destroy the club by ejecting the entire staff
    and handing it over to over-emotional (Yes passionate) fans.

Fan inclusion has to come but not on a knee jerk flash point.

The doors would be shut within a year, at this rate.

Forever Hibees.
    Definitely not a knee jerk reaction, this scenario has been on the cards for at least 4 years! We need to act in the best interests of our club.

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post

Would have thought if there were to be any fan representation on the board at hibs it should be someone with support from a broad concensus of Hibs support if Mike Riley is to be the one (can I just state for the record i have no issues with the afore mentioned gentleman, I dont even know the guy) it should and can only be the case if he has a majority support and not just because he's the one currently speaking out in the papers IMO.

There has to be any number of well respected Hibby's who could have not only the interests of Hibs FC and the Hibs support as his main goal but who also has the business acumen required to actually make a difference and carry out the role effectively

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    He's a spokesman for the Supporters Association, not Hibs fans per se
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by persevere1875 View Post
    Would have thought if there were to be any fan representation on the board at hibs it should be someone with support from a broad concensus of Hibs support if Mike Riley is to be the one (can I just state for the record i have no issues with the afore mentioned gentleman, I dont even know the guy) it should and can only be the case if he has a majority support and not just because he's the one currently speaking out in the papers IMO.

There has to be any number of well respected Hibby's who could have not only the interests of Hibs FC and the Hibs support as his main goal but who also has the business acumen required to actually make a difference and carry out the role effectively
    This

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post

Ofcourse he has an agenda here. The problems at board level within the club have been stated on here and social media for years but Mike has done/said nothing. We get relegated and he decides to pop his head out the hole. Clearly trying to position himself for a job on the board if we go to fan ownership. IMO he should be removed from his position.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284607-Mike-Reilly-Interview

post 28 tells a lot.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    Ofcourse he has an agenda here. The problems at board level within the club have been stated on here and social media for years but Mike has done/said nothing. We get relegated and he decides to pop his head out the hole. Clearly trying to position himself for a job on the board if we go to fan ownership. IMO he should be removed from his position.
    Dunno what the said Mr Riley has done to you, but he certainly seems to have floated your boat.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    Know Mike from his time as manager at Marinello's pub on Leith Walk years ago (now the Meridian or Fine Line or something). I spoke to him in the Club after Sunday and he mentioned that there was going to be a meeting last night as this is the straw that has broken the camel's back. He did say that a lot of influential people were involved and that they wouldn't be sitting back (pretty much like his comments in the Record article) but he didn't give any details and I didn't think it fair to press him on it as like everyone else I was shell shocked at the time (now replaced by real rage).

Next few days I think will see more, we can only hope it's the news we want.
    Absolutely delighted for you that you this information from him was forthcoming to you Mo, however after speaking to several Secretaries of the Branches that make up the Hibernian Supporters Association, none of them were informed of this meeting taking place, including my own Branch with 275 members.

GGTTH

Gordon McKinley

Secretary of St. Patrick's Branch.

Testimonial Due
    On the one hand it's good to see finally some action from the likes of Mike Riley who's probably best known as someone who offers the occasional quote to a journalist and also as a blazer who sits on the committee of a social club.

On the other hand though is he - and are any of those others involved - the person/s best suited to taking this forward on behalf of the fans? Especially when it seems there may have been little consultation with many groups and individuals very well placed to have their say and contribute whatever may be necessary.

The HSA are hardly a visionary outfit so I hope there's plenty others been engaged in this.