hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Based on some of Walter White's finest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I wanted calderwood to go, I got my wish and things got worse.
    I wanted fenlon to go, I got my wish and things got worse.

Butcher came in to build his own team so, while I'd hardly be disappointed if he left, I think I'd be alright with him having a full season and window to see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We needed one win against the other 5 teams in the league almost as bad as us. He failed.

In fact he had 4 months to get is that win that would have kept us up. He failed.

We got a 2nd chance to beat a Championship team over 2 legs. He failed.

We were drawn at home in the Scottish Cup to a mid table Championship team who had failed to score this calendar year. We lost 2-3. He failed.

Hopefully his last act as manager is telling the players they aren't wanted before clearing his own desk.
    Agree 100%

Add in continued to play nelson and McGivern every week

Changed his team every week

Never any consistency in selection

Signed a player in january and never played him

Very very poor signings in jan

The list is endless....... Another very very poor hibs
    manager.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee19 View Post

Butcher came in to build his own team so, while I'd hardly be disappointed if he left, I think I'd be alright with him having a full season and window to see what he can do.
    Again though based on what ? There is absolutely nothing to suggest Butcher should be trusted to turn this around. His overall managerial record is patchy at best and the style of football will ensure fans stay away in their droves.

I am not talking about sackinig Butcher if he had an once of honour or integrity he would offer to walk and Petrie should bite his hand off.

For Butcher to cling to his job based on his record whilst letting players go is an embarresment and shows his class.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm sorry to say but after our summer break, World Cup in Brazil we'll all be behind the team again no matter who's in charge. It's our club, we are hurting and angry but this board has never taken our feelings into consideration, they will feed of our love for the club and continue in the same vain.
    If we want change we will need to bring it about ourselves

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee19 View Post

Imagine he continues the current trend - watmore - haynes - boateng any one. We can't afford to get this one wrong - we gotta win that league next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    I'm sorry to say but after our summer break, World Cup in Brazil we'll all be behind the team again no matter who's in charge. It's our club, we are hurting and angry but this board has never taken our feelings into consideration, they will feed of our love for the club and continue in the same vain.
    If we want change we will need to bring it about ourselves
    Totally disagree with that bit if TB is in charge at best the support will be split and many will stay away.

If TB has the good of the club at heart he would walk clinging on to his job after his dire performance in charge shows imho the man has no shame.

@hibs.net private member
    As time is moving on it's obvious Butcher won't do the honourable thing and walk away. For me, it's not because he thinks he can rebuild a squad capable of gaining promotion anytime soon, it's because he's too pig-headed to admit he's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    As time is moving on it's obvious Butcher won't do the honourable thing and walk away. For me, it's not because he thinks he can rebuild a squad capable of gaining promotion anytime soon, it's because he's too pig-headed to admit he's messed up.
    Simpler than that, this is all about money. Butcher gave up a solid job at ICT for a 6 month stint at Hibs. No way is he going to walk away for nothing. Petrie and Butcher will be dancing the dance until they agree a figure and then they'll issue the mutual consent statement. This is not rocket science !

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Simpler than that, this is all about money. Butcher gave up a solid job at ICT for a 6 month stint at Hibs. No way is he going to walk away for nothing. Petrie and Butcher will be dancing the dance until they agree a figure and then they'll issue the mutual consent statement. This is not rocket science !
    I hope you are right.
    Just honour his contract no lump sum payment, just give him a weekly wage until he finds a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    Good Post. With the subbing of Heff, to remove an attacker was criminal. All that did was bring them even more on top of us. Collins should have been put on before OTD. Collins certainly no great shakes on the evidence of last few Months but he would have given us a link between midfield and attack and would have held the ball up. He would also have worked the channels. Butcher gambled on us defending a loss. Like we've been able to do that at any time this season as well !!! I want Butcher gone. I didn't want him as Hibs' manager anyway as his style stinks. He has proved the job beyond his technical capabilities. he tried everything in HIS locker to no avail. I'll still support them, but I fear this is another ground-hog day scenario.

GBTH
    When the rot first started he subbed Heff at Tannadice and we had no one to hold up the ball up front and bring others into play and we got deeper and deeper in our own half and United just got the hoof ball straight to them and it was wave after wave of attack till they scored. He hasn't learnt from this He ffis only 33 ,Scotland is 36 and looks unfit yet he put in a great shift and used experience to great effect .
    For me T B s Substitutions yesterday cost us hanging on for the one nil defeat that would of seen us through T B s decision making under pressure has to be called into question .

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Nothing BUTCHER has done since arriving at Hibs justifies the decision to give him more time.
    The fact he remains will split the support and cAnnot be in the interests of the club, so why has Petrie made this decision what is his reasoning?

Does he like HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFBALL?

FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB TB SHOULD RESIGN.
    Because in Scotland he wouldn't get a better wage unless he was managing Celtic or The Rangers.

Simples.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Butcher out, Faragè in.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IMO no manager of Hibs should survive a relegation . I'll excuse McLeish, as he just about got away with it, and had the team playing.

Get rid ASAP!

Worst Hibs manager ever. It amazes me people still want to keep him.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the big difference between this and our last relegation is that at that time everyone was united behind the club and the team.

Those responsible had either jumped or been pushed.

My view is that the support are the most divided they have ever been between those who either hate Petrie and /or Butcher et al, those that aren't fussed and those that want them to stay.

We are going to really struggle in that league even if ( insert who you think is the best manager in the world) is in charge.

When results don't go our way there will be utter carnage amongst the various elements and if I were Leanne Dempster I would be punting Butcher et al and having Rod announce he was stepping down from the board and trying to rally everyone behind the cause.

Sure it will cost money, but there are so many people who are so sickened by Petrie and /or Butcher et al that they wont return till they are gone, that it might be self financing, it will certainly unite the support.

We will be up against the The Rangers, who once they sort out their internal politics will be galvanised by their erroneous sense of injustice and Hearts who will be buoyed by their back from the brink experience, to go into that scenario as divided as we are is utter madness.

Finally IMO Butcher should have done the honourable thing and resigned, immediately followed by Petrie

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It looks to me like Butcher is letting the players take total responsibility for this shambles. Nothing to do with bad management ,poor tactics , substitutions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I think the big difference between this and our last relegation is that at that time everyone was united behind the club and the team.

Those responsible had either jumped or been pushed.

My view is that the support are the most divided they have ever been between those who either hate Petrie and /or Butcher et al, those that aren't fussed and those that want them to stay.

We are going to really struggle in that league even if ( insert who you think is the best manager in the world) is in charge.

When results don't go our way there will be utter carnage amongst the various elements and if I were Leanne Dempster I would be punting Butcher et al and having Rod announce he was stepping down from the board and trying to rally everyone behind the cause.

Sure it will cost money, but there are so many people who are so sickened by Petrie and /or Butcher et al that they wont return till they are gone, that it might be self financing, it will certainly unite the support.

We will be up against the The Rangers, who once they sort out their internal politics will be galvanised by their erroneous sense of injustice and Hearts who will be buoyed by their back from the brink experience, to go into that scenario as divided as we are is utter madness.

Finally IMO Butcher should have done the honourable thing and resigned, immediately followed by Petrie

Left by mutual consent!
    If Jeremy Beadle was still with us Rod and Terry would be on it tonight.

Watch out Butchers about.