hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it wasn't for Tom Farmer we wouldn't have a club to moan about. Your posts on this thread are getting increasingly hysterical.
    I think you are missing my point. I'm very grateful of what's he's done. But I think it's time he sold us that's all. The way the club has gone would suggest a man who really cared wouldn't let it go that way.

Don't see nothing wrong with that??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    I want him to stay because I don't see a better alternative. If I am shown one I will reconsider but so far no one is stepping up so I am happy to stick with Stf.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk
    That's fair enough bud, no problem with that. Do you think if STF put us up for sale it would maybe show who'd be interested then you could have a better idea if you want him to stay or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    STF won't be around forever, what happens then, do we just shut up shop ? The way some people go on here you would think noone other than a Romanov type figure could take over. I will be forever grateful for what he did but under him, primarily down to his blind faith in RP, we are slowly dying.
    Well said.

Wish folk would stop thinking people are attacking STF when all I would like is real change. But apparently no one in the galaxy can do it!!! Oh well never mind.

Left by mutual consent!
    If it wasn't for Tom Farmer we wouldn't have a club to moan about. Your posts on this thread are getting increasingly hysterical.
    Not true other people bought shares to stop mercer. And there were other buyers wanting the club.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    That's fair enough bud, no problem with that. Do you think if STF put us up for sale it would maybe show who'd be interested then you could have a better idea if you want him to stay or not?
    It's well known the club is for sale though, no one has to my knowledge stepped up.

I would like to know tom's plan if he doesn't sell but to be honest I don't see it as the real issue here, I want dempster in, Petrie to step back and the new team given a chance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    STF won't be around forever, what happens then, do we just shut up shop ? The way some people go on here you would think noone other than a Romanov type figure could take over. I will be forever grateful for what he did but under him, primarily down to his blind faith in RP, we are slowly dying.
    Correct, it's all well and good what he did 24 years ago and I'm sure most people are grateful for that but it disnae negate the fact that petrie has been left in place by him for such a period of absolute failure that this club now finds itself where it does. Yes he helped save the club but this I'm afraid is as much down tae Farmer as saving the club was whether some people on here like it or not. He may no be the one who made the mess but he is the one responsible for petrie who has made the mess being here.

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    It's well known the club is for sale though, no one has to my knowledge stepped up.

I would like to know tom's plan if he doesn't sell but to be honest I don't see it as the real issue here, I want dempster in, Petrie to step back and the new team given a chance.

That's the thing, it's not well known. If you want to sell your house you put it on the market not just tell a few mates. I hope Leeann is the one to clear up things but Petrie lied before remember about stepping back so he must go entirely for her to get on with the job in hand.

If Farmer won't sell like you I'd like to hear his vision for this club. Sadly the silence is deafening from our owner.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    Not true other people bought shares to stop mercer. And there were other buyers wanting the club.
    Any idea who these people were?

That's the thing, it's not well known. If you want to sell your house you put it on the market not just tell a few mates. I hope Leeann is the one to clear up things but Petrie lied before remember about stepping back so he must go entirely for her to get on with the job in hand.

If Farmer won't sell like you I'd like to hear his vision for this club. Sadly the silence is deafening from our owner.
    Its not really stopped Dave King and The Rangers board have made it perfectly clear they don't want to sell.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Well you can't just stick us in the ESPC. There won't be a For Sale sign outside Easter Road. If you're a businessman at all interested in buying a football club then I'd imagine you, or your advisors, will be well aware we are available for sale.

Out of curiosity, and this isn't directly to you TC, this is to everyone looking for STF to sell, what type of businessman do you think is out there looking to buy a business like Hibs? I'm not in any circles that sees me mingling with business folks to be honest, but my default position would be that if there's no money to be made then why bother? Unless of course you have an emotional connection to the business, you want the publicity and/or you are a mental case.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Well you can't just stick us in the ESPC. There won't be a For Sale sign outside Easter Road. If you're a businessman at all interested in buying a football club then I'd imagine you, or your advisors, will be well aware we are available for sale.

Out of curiosity, and this isn't directly to you TC, this is to everyone looking for STF to sell, what type of businessman do you think is out there looking to buy a business like Hibs? I'm not in any circles that sees me mingling with business folks to be honest, but my default position would be that if there's no money to be made then why bother? Unless of course you have an emotional connection to the business, you want the publicity and/or you are a mental case.
    It's a good question.. But until he openly states he wants to sell, not "I'll listen to offers" I'm not sure who is out there. You will have the odd nutter that's a cert but Farmer wouldn't sell to a clown. Just feel we'd have a better idea if he made it as public as possible.

Strangest post yet!! I'm hibs through and through and I want him to leave so the club can prosper under a new leadership and with new ideas.

Edit.. Do you want Rod to stay as well?
    And who exactly do you think will be the new owner? Alot of vulchers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    And who exactly do you think will be the new owner? Alot of vulchers out there.
    He's a clever man and wouldn't sell to anyone or someone with no interest in helping the club move forward. That's the only good thing we can take from all this.

@hibs.net private member
    It's a good question.. But until he openly states he wants to sell, not "I'll listen to offers" I'm not sure who is out there. You will have the odd nutter that's a cert but Farmer wouldn't sell to a clown. Just feel we'd have a better idea if he made it as public as possible.

If someone says they are interested in buying then he will listen to what they have to say. He has already demonstrated this when he met with Brian Kennedy and my opinion is that he made the right decision by not selling then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    If someone says they are interested in buying then he will listen to what they have to say. He has already demonstrated this when he met with Brian Kennedy and my opinion is that he made the right decision by not selling then.
    100% agree he made the right decision not selling to him.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Hibs are up for sale, have been for years. STF has said as much on more than one occasion. If I know that then anybody with any credible interest will.
    We don't know what approaches or negotiations may have been done or possibly are ongoing, it's not the STF way to make it public, but two things are for sure: 1, he is open to offers 2, he won't sell to any Walter Mitty, Romanov types or idiots

He's a clever man and wouldn't sell to anyone or someone with no interest in helping the club move forward. That's the only good thing we can take from all this.
    We have far more pressing issues that need to be sorted quickly.This can wait imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Maybe alot of Yams want Farmer out to knock our foundations. Tom Farmer is not the problem here.
    He's the crux of the problem, endorsing Petrie and his limitations.

Myth.There were others prepared to do what was required to safe the club back then, but thats old news, we should be looking forward to a club after Farmer has left, which I believe will be very soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Hibs are up for sale, have been for years. STF has said as much on more than one occasion. If I know that then anybody with any credible interest will.
    We don't know what approaches or negotiations may have been done or possibly are ongoing, it's not the STF way to make it public, but two things are for sure: 1, he is open to offers 2,he won't sell to any Walter Mitty, Romanov types or idiots

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Myth.There were others prepared to do what was required to safe the club back then, but thats old news, we should be looking forward to a club after Farmer has left, which I believe will be very soon.
    Farmer will be going but I am not so sure another will be stepping into his shoes, as such.

Does anybody have any idea who these buyers in 1990, that has now been mentioned twice on this page, were?

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Correct, it's all well and good what he did 24 years ago and I'm sure most people are grateful for that but it disnae negate the fact that petrie has been left in place by him for such a period of absolute failure that this club now finds itself where it does. Yes he helped save the club but this I'm afraid is as much down tae Farmer as saving the club was whether some people on here like it or not. He may no be the one who made the mess but he is the one responsible for petrie who has made the mess being here.
    This.

Left by mutual consent!
    What is Bob the shoe man doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Get your head out the clouds. There is, never has been and never will be a queue to buy Hibs.
    Your post is utter drivel I'm afraid.
    Bestie I'm glad your happy with the way Hibernian is being run. Personally I think it's been run appallingly. Take Hearts for instance did you think last year at this time Ann Budge would come along and invest heavily to save them? Believe me there are investors out there that will show an interest in the club.
    Time to wake up and smell the coffee mate because if we leave things the way they are the only way we are going is down down down.

Your posts against anyone suggesting this seem a tad aggressive without having facts. I also happen to think there may be a few interested people. Maybe even a consortium of Edinburgh based businessmen.

You can't possibly just dismiss this, and it seems you are the one who speaks utter drivel.
    I'm not aggressive. I'm realistic. You think there are interested people? Who are they? Where are they? Where are your facts?

I'm not aggressive. I'm realistic. You think there are interested people? Who are they? Where are they? Where are your facts?
    Yes I do think people will be interested. We'll soon see if Farmer does want to sell. I don't get why you just dismiss this. For all we know things could be going on now behind the scenes.

Why is it to unbelievable?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Bestie I'm glad your happy with the way Hibernian is being run. Personally I think it's been run appallingly. Take Hearts for instance did you think last year at this time Ann Budge would come along and invest heavily to save them? Believe me there are investors out there that will show an interest in the club.
    Time to wake up and smell the coffee mate because if we leave things the way they are the only way we are going is down down down.
    Invest heavily? She got the whole kit and caboodle for under £2.5m and wants it all back when she hands it over to Foundation of Hearts.
    This is the same business model that a lot of the financial experts on here say is destined to fail.
    If that's the coffee you want to smell in the morning you can keep it.
    I would be more interested to listen to this p**h if someone could put some names forward regarding the people who would want to invest. Either that or they are just a figment of your imagination.
    Don't assume that I am happy with the way things are run at the club, where did I say that? I just don't see the alternative, at present, being in the best interest of the club.

Yes I do think people will be interested. We'll soon see if Farmer does want to sell. I don't get why you just dismiss this. For all we know things could be going on now behind the scenes.

Why is it to unbelievable?
    Because you're making it up.
    where are these people?
    who are they?

Are you selling your house ?
    How would I know you were selling your house ?
    You'd tell someone your selling your house !
    Then people would KNOW your selling your house ! Like an estate agent.
    Is Hibernian for sale is the question ? We are all under the assumption that it is to the right buyer through hearsay !
    WE WONT KNOW Hibs are for sale until he comes out with a statement of intent either way. Here lies the problem. He needs to come out with his intentions then serious investors will be there. (just like me buying your house)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I don't think the Hearts situation is a good example of there being people out there interested. It doesnt back you up that there are investors out there, not at all. Hearts were quite clearly "For Sale" for ages, but nobody was interested. Ann Budge has come in to 'save them' as such, and is only in there until they (FoH) can give her the money back she's put in. Considering they went for about £2.5m, you'd think there would have been more interest from business people wouldn't you?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Are you selling your house ?
    How would I know you were selling your house ?
    You'd tell someone your selling your house !
    Then people would KNOW your selling your house ! Like an estate agent.
    Is Hibernian for sale is the question ? We are all under the assumption that it is to the right buyer through hearsay !
    WE WONT KNOW Hibs are for sale until he comes out with a statement of intent either way. Here lies the problem. He needs to come out with his intentions then serious investors will be there. (just like me buying your house)
    I disagree. People looking to invest in a football club will target and approach a specific club whether or not it's advertised for sale. Buying a house is a different thing entirely.

Because you're making it up.
    where are these people?
    who are they?
    Haha what I'm I making up? I'm just suggesting things may already be getting done behind the scenes.

How do you know for a fact the aren't? Also I think until Farmer makes it more public we may not see much activity.

Open your mind just a little Beastie.