hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .. and at the end of the match, Petrie was GRINNING
    Can anyone post a link to a photo of this? Unfortunately, my telescopic six-million-dollar-man vision (look it up, kids) wasn't working today so I missed it from the East.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If you are going to wave goodbye to everyone that's say they are out you are going to have a very tired hand tonight.

We are truly a club with no shame. Danny Lennon and golden shower Locke lost their jobs for less than this. Petrie cant sack Butcher without admitting responsibility for another shocking managerial appointment. St Mirren now have higher aspirations and expectations than us but its alright because leeann who has led Motherwell to the brink of financial obliviation starts with us next week. Listening to Butcher on the radio I thought he was fully expecting the sack. Changing the manager every season is not great but Butchers record,team selection and tactics are un-defendable. He has made a poor side awful. The worst Hibs team out of the 3 that I've seen relegated. I'm gutted by today and this standard bull**** statement. I'm also raging that I have paid premier league season ticket prices for next season to watch the likes of Cowdenbeath and look forward to hearing the clubs statement and proposal on what they are going to do on this. My non renewal might not have made a huge difference in the big picture but I would have at least felt like I was doing something to help get rid of Petrie and starving the club of cash might be the only way to get him out.

Quote Originally Posted by davehiby View Post

An apology for an apology

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Can anyone post a link to a photo of this? Unfortunately, my telescopic six-million-dollar-man vision (look it up, kids) wasn't working today so I missed it from the East.
    I can confirm. Absolutely. Grinning just before the pens.

Butcher also larking around and having a laugh with the linesman during extra time.

Destroying Hibs must be fun....

season tickets, tops, t-shirts, cups, mouse mat, key ring, place mats, catering, badges, gloves, calendar, annual.... i buy them all, all from the club shop.

and i will continue to do so, next season, the season after and so on and so on...

official statement is guff and i will read it as such.

Im not stoppin supporting my team, its my team.

we are gash, utter gash, but life goes on... only the supporters remain

Just when I thought I couldn't be more angry I read this so called apology. You'd have thought that one of the darkest days in the clubs history would have been enough to shake the owner/board/management out of their complacency, but apparently not.

Typical Hibs, no leadership and no accountability, just more of the same and the fans asked to lap it up.

So badly timed, I'm hurting and so should they be. To put this out now is shameful. Everyone needs a few days to gather their thoughts & get their emotions in check. Really poor show.

Left by mutual consent!
    Get f***** Petrie you horrible, faceless hearts c***.

Just listened to butchers interview after the match.... And tbh you can't disagree with some of the stuff he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    It absolutely beggars belief that anyone at Hibs could think releasing this statement was a good idea.

Give us announcements of genuine change or shut the **** up.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    So badly timed, I'm hurting and so should they be. To put this out now is shameful. Everyone needs a few days to gather their thoughts & get their emotions in check. Really poor show.
    Badly timed?

Do you honestly think there's ever a time for this kind of statement?

Petrie should have walked the first time he produced one of these statements, years ago.

Today was it for me and the wee man. Swimming and the cinema will be our Saturday's from now on.

GTF Petrie

It`s a terrible statement; insulting to the supporters and completely disconnected from reality.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    What a load of s***e!! Petrie and butcher need to GTF! Dragged this club from mid table mediocrity to championship level! Steve marsella said to me before the Aberdeen game at ER, that they wanted 22 new players... Tell you what.. We want that plus a new management team who know what they're doing and board who have a clear ambition of where the club should be and an idea of how to get it there! I hope LD is the first part of this coming together but realistically it is coming 3/4 years too late!!

Testimonial Due
    This is actually worse than the scarcely credible traducing of our proud heritage that Butcher orchestrated on the pitch today.

To all who have said they'll not go back I totally understand.... However I will be back regardless of who is manager and who is Chairman..... Because Hibs are my team. We've been relegated before and may be again.... Time is a great healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Seven up View Post
    To all who have said they'll not go back I totally understand.... However I will be back regardless of who is manager and who is Chairman..... Because Hibs are my team. We've been relegated before and may be again.... Time is a great healer...
    Then why hasn't it healed our club yet?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So if Dempstor wants rid of Butcher what's gonna happen??

If she backs him then she's lost the fans from day 1 in the job.

Petrie shouldn't have said anything until she was in place.

That's it for me, I've supported this club for 22 years and this statement has finished it for me. The worst season I have ever seen in my lifetime. How Petrie and butcher can't be men and walk away just confounds me. How either can possibly think they can get support for next season is beyond me

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    For those saying they won't be back. No problem that's your choice but don't bother complaining about not being able to get tickets for any high profile matches that have a limited number of tickets available. Cup away games etc etc. it will be especially difficult if the planned loyalty point scheme comes into play which I expect it to next season.

I wonder why we never heard from the owner, i would have thought he would have had a say in what happens ?.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    I wonder why we never heard from the owner, i would have thought he would have had a say in what happens ?.

Maybe be because he's very ill. Or doesn't care

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    So if Dempstor wants rid of Butcher what's gonna happen??

If she backs him then she's lost the fans from day 1 in the job.

Petrie shouldn't have said anything until she was in place.
    Just shows that even with her coming in, he still calls the shots

Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    Dearly me same old rubbish! Willing to give butcher his chance now relegation has sunk in but Petrie needs to go asap. Will be interesting what leean thinks of all this she has some job on her hands now!
    I wouldn't give Butcher "his chance"-he should go tomorrow.I'm no admirer of Michael Stewart but he was spot on on tonight's Sportscene when he said that Butcher's tactics were prehistoric and had no place in modern football.Pat Fenlon was no genius but if was still here there is no way that we would have been in this position.As for Mr Petrie and his smirking and "apology" words fail me...

For those saying they won't be back. No problem that's your choice but don't bother complaining about not being able to get tickets for any high profile matches that have a limited number of tickets available. Cup away games etc etc. it will be especially difficult if the planned loyalty point scheme comes into play which I expect it to next season.
    I doubt ticket availability will be an issue tbh...

Do you mean the games vs Alloa and Dumbarton?

I fear that today`s result combined with Petrie refusing to admit he has caused the mess and go, plus TB`s "tactics" will lead to very poor crowds next season, so I doubt there`ll be any stress over tickets for games. I hope I am wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    I doubt ticket availability will be an issue tbh...

For or a start all away games will be all ticket.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG013 View Post
    That's it for me, I've supported this club for 22 years and this statement has finished it for me. The worst season I have ever seen in my lifetime. How Petrie and butcher can't be men and walk away just confounds me. How either can possibly think they can get support for next season is beyond me
    There's been worse seasons trust me bud

For me, as I'll keep banging on, it's a watershed moment in the right direction - no more journeymen footballers and the ones only here to pay their mortgage can now sign on and get used to doing what most do and that is worrying about where the next wage is coming in.