hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Nadal is King of Clay again. I was not aware of how few slams he had won outwith RG.

..................and what about Murray's new coach?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nadal is King of Clay again. I was not aware of how few slams he had won outwith RG.

Didn't catch the match today due to work but I'm not surprised in the slightest by the result.

Nadal's record at the French Open is just ridiculously good. To have only lost once in 67 matches over 10 separate years is just phenomenal. I say this hesitantly but I don't think that we'll see anyone else win nine titles at a single Grand Slam for many decades, if at all.

Nadal's only just turned 28 as well and given how dominant he is on clay, I can see him winning the French Open for the next two or three years.

Although on the face of it, it is a little bit surprising that Nadal hasn't won the others very much, if he wins the Australian Open again in his career, he'll become the first man in the Open Era (since 1968) to win all 4 majors at least twice.

Roger Federer is also one away from doing it but he needs to win the French Open again and that's not very likely.

It will be interesting to see how Nadal does at Wimbledon this year, given his early exits in the previous two years.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

She was always my favourite womens player of recent years, seemed to outthink her opponents to win matches. Murray was speaking very well on the radio the other day about getting a calmer presence on his team. He must see something in her that he likes.