hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    What a pumping Murray is taking in this 4th set.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hopefully play will be suspended now.

Monfils will win this if it's not stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully play will be suspended now.

Monfils will win this if it's not stopped.
    5th set is starting now.

Bad news for Murray.

Murray breaks to go 2-0 up.

always the difficult way ffs.

3-0. Just needs to hold his serves.

Monfils has just fallen to pieces!

Quite incredible.

5-0

Get that up you Monfils

Get in! 6-0 Murray.

Murray wins 6-4 6-1 4-6 1-6 6-0.

Amazing!!

Plays Nadal in the semis.

The shouldn't have made him angry!

Monfils lost his discipline completely. In the end Murray played at full tilt to get the job done before nightfall.

If tomorrow's order of play is anything to go by for Friday then the first semi will start at around 2pm our time and then the second match afterwards, probably starting around 4:30-5pm.

I finish at 5pm on Friday so hopefully Murray-Nadal will be the second match.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Very strange match.

Is that Murray up to 5th in the rankings now?

Is it Wimbledon that adjusts the seeding? Avoiding Nadal and Djokovic would be a huge help.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    Very strange match.

Is it Wimbledon that adjusts the seeding? Avoiding Nadal and Djokovic would be a huge help.
    He will jump above Del Potro, Berdych and Ferrer and go up to 5th as you say.

Should he finish runner up he will climb to 4th and should he win it he will climb to 3rd.

Wimbledon seeds go by a mixture of the ATP rankings and the last two seasons on grass. Murray has been in the last two Wimbledon finals, winning one and has also won the run up to Wimbledon tournament the last two years. I think he will be 3 or 4 which means he can't face the big two until the semis.

Very strange match.

Yeah, Wimbledon adjust the seedings to reflect recent performances on grass.

Considering he won Queen's and Wimbledon last year and also got to the final of Wimbledon in 2012, I would have thought he'll be seeded possibly 3rd or 4th at Wimbledon this year.

And that would mean he would avoid facing Nadal and Djokovic until at least the semi finals.

I'm not sure where that will put Murray now in the rankings but 5th sounds about right.

He was 8th going into the French Open and considering he has managed to reach at least the semi finals after having no points to defend from last year then I think he will rise quite a few places.

Del Potro (who is 7th) didn't play at all this year due to injury and Ferrer (who is 5th) only managed a quarter final place after getting to the final last year so he will lose points. Federer will also lose points as he got to the quarter finals last year but only reached the last 16 this year.

@hibs.net private member
    Well that was some match. Trig remind me to never take a tip from you, think you got it all wrong. For a long spell didn't think I would see anything but was well worth the wait. Needless to say lovely here today!

Oh well back tomorrow in time for the meeting with Leeann and protest.

Bet you it is raining.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Well that was some match. Trig remind me to never take a tip from you, think you got it all wrong. For a long spell didn't think I would see anything but was well worth the wait. Needless to say lovely here today!

Oh well back tomorrow in time for the meeting with Leeann and protest.

Bet you it is raining.
    Glad you enjoyed your day!

It's supposed to be lovely in Scotland tomorrow.

Maria Sharapova into the women's final after coming from behind to beat Eugenie Bouchard 4-6 7-5 6-2.

She'll play either Simona Halep or Andrea Petkovic in Saturday's final.

The first semi probably lasted longer than mine! :-o

Very enjoyable viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The first semi probably lasted longer than mine! :-o

Very enjoyable viewing.
    Yep it was a good match although that's probably not what you were alluding to!

Sharapova will play Simona Halep in the final after she beat Andrea Petkovic 6-2 7-6.

Halep had only ever won one match at the French Open prior to this year's tournament and had never been beyond the quarter finals in any Grand Slam either so this is a huge breakthrough for her.

Sharapova, on the other hand, is full of experience at that level. However she was far from convincing today against Bouchard so it will be interesting to see what happens here.

Gutted with the schedule for tomorrow.

Gulbis v Djokovic starts at 12pm so the chances are, Murray v Nadal will be on around 2:30-3pm.

I highly doubt I'll see any of this.

I won't even see the final either.

Yep it was a good match although that's probably not what you were alluding to!
    Who won?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Who won?
    Highlights are on Eurosport right now if you want a reminder!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Gulbis wins the 3rd set. currently 2 set to 1 for Djokovic.......wonder if this can go the distance and let me get home to catch the majority of the murray match

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Nadal looks well the favourite here. Murray not playing particularly badly, but Rafas just too good.

Didn't catch any of the match today due to work but it was a disappointing result for Murray.

I think everyone thought Nadal would win today but for Murray to only manage to take six games off him is a hammering.

He's capable of that though. You don't win eight titles in nine years if you're not a world class player.

Predictable outcome for the final. I don't think anyone can complain about Djokovic facing Nadal in yet another Grand Slam final. They're easily the two best players in the world right now.

Djokovic is facing Nadal in the final of the French Open for the second time after Nadal came out on top in 2012.

He's also trying to do what only one man has managed to do in 66 previous attempts and beat Nadal at Roland Garros.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Sharapova will play Simona Halep in the final after she beat Andrea Petkovic 6-2 7-6.

Halep had only ever won one match at the French Open prior to this year's tournament and had never been beyond the quarter finals in any Grand Slam either so this is a huge breakthrough for her.

Sharapova, on the other hand, is full of experience at that level. However she was far from convincing today against Bouchard so it will be interesting to see what happens here.
    Halep was a class or two above when I saw her. She's sailed through pretty muxh every round.

Hope she wins it.

Halep was a class or two above when I saw her. She's sailed through pretty muxh every round.

Hope she wins it.
    Yeah Halep looked good from what I saw too.

I can see her winning tomorrow, particularly if Sharapova struggles with her serve like she did in the semis.

Maria Sharapova won her fifth Grand Slam title and second French Open title after a three set victory over Simona Halep.

I wonder if that can spur her on to win a second Wimbledon title now. It's been 12 years since a woman last won the French Open and Wimbledon back-to-back but she must be one of the favourites to lift the title four weeks from now.