hibs.net Messageboard

Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2264

Would be really disappointed if Clarkson was the player on trial, guys career has been on a downward spiral for a few years now and rovers supporting mate down there really doesnt rate him. Hoping Stubbs has better contacts who can come up with more imaginative trialists. Think we need a striker with real pace as well, someone who can get in behind the back four and isnt danny haynes.

As for Iain Turner, again a no. Seen him only a handful of times over the years and hes been below average at best.

Apologies for the negativity folks, just giving an opinion. I'm desperate for new signings to get them in and up to fitness before the season starts but they need to have quality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many premiership footballers have played in the World Cup? He would stroll into teams such as Burnley even if he wasn't a regular
    Let's agree to disagree then - I don't think Claros is good enough to play in the English Premier League - nowhere near IMHO!

Good luck to him in the states though.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post

Would be really disappointed if Clarkson was the player on trial, guys career has been on a downward spiral for a few years now and rovers supporting mate down there really doesnt rate him. Hoping Stubbs has better contacts who can come up with more imaginative trialists. Think we need a striker with real pace as well, someone who can get in behind the back four and isnt danny haynes.

As for Iain Turner, again a no. Seen him only a handful of times over the years and hes been below average at best.

Apologies for the negativity folks, just giving an opinion. I'm desperate for new signings to get them in and up to fitness before the season starts but they need to have quality.
    Read a few of the forums for both Bristol teams on Clarkson when I heard he could be a possibility - seemed to be a bit of a mixed bag on his performances.

Most of the comments suggested he was a trier who always gave 100% for the jersey but lacked quality and had pretty much zero pace.

Other comments suggested that due to the lack of service he suffered (as most strikers do) and his own performances reflected pretty much the overall team performance.

As above, not trying to be negative - on paper Clarkson would be a half decent signing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Read a few of the forums for both Bristol teams on Clarkson when I heard he could be a possibility - seemed to be a bit of a mixed bag on his performances.

Most of the comments suggested he was a trier who always gave 100% for the jersey but lacked quality and had pretty much zero pace.

Other comments suggested that due to the lack of service he suffered (as most strikers do) and his own performances reflected pretty much the overall team performance.

As above, not trying to be negative - on paper Clarkson would be a half decent signing IMO.
    Maybe Stubbs is planning on playing a system which provides service to this type of player. Him, alongside El-Alagui - it may be a great balancing act. Stubbs has stated that he wants the right players in, not just anyone. Maybe this guy's exactly what we're looking for and exactly what Motherwell aren't looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kenny Millar tweeting to say Clarkson is not a trialist and Stubbs told him there is nothing in the Clarkson to Hibs rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    Kenny Millar tweeting to say Clarkson is not a trialist and Stubbs told him there is nothing in the Clarkson to Hibs rumours.
    :-)

Left by mutual consent!
    Thank god for that

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Anyone got a copy of the Sun yet?

How is the trailist?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Anyone got a copy of the Sun yet?

How is the trailist?
    Daily express saying it's antoine gounet.

Dunno if the sun are saying the same.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Daily express saying it's antoine gounet.

Dunno if the sun are saying the same.
    Gounet no dae that...

Goalie - failed to get a regular game at Brentford. Been training with Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Best midfielder at ER since Russell Latapy in my humble opinion.
    He would be lucky to make the top 10 since Latapy for me.

Thank god there's no truth in the Clarkson stuff, he is a poor player. We need pace all over the team. It's difficult not to be disappointed with the lack of progress so far. The clock is ticking

So does that mean that's BMD was talking ***** about him being on trial........cannae take the plaudits about Farid and no stick for talking ***** with Clarkson pal

Incidentally if you want to know Clarkson is going in with another Premiership team to try win a deal

@hibs.net private member
    I hope we have more targets in mind and not just trialists. No harm in looking at a few trialists but don't want all our signings to be based on a couple of good days pre-season training.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I hope we have more targets in mind and not just trialists. No harm in looking at a few trialists but don't want all our signings to be based on a couple of good days pre-season training.
    Likewise. Marsella's list must contain a few players that we know would enhance our team and Stubbs will know enough about some players that negates the need for a trial. Fair enough checking their fitness but we have three weeks to get that right.

I'm starting to wonder about this alleged "quality" we are signing. With likely sales of a minimum 7k season tickets and 1-2k more easily attained if the club proactively encourage sales with signings, we are still in a position to offer a good enough wage to get a decent quality player in. Other clubs have done it on far less budget. Yes, the championship might not suit all but El Alagui has already signed for us rather than 2 SPL clubs when the right package is offered.

This keeper will surely be set for a back up role and I don't see the sense in the Coulson trial when we signed Gray. If we were bringing in 10 then fair enough having a back up or two for some positions but Forster will cover at RB if pushed as it's far more important to address other positions our first choices are pony.

3 weeks in Stubbsy, plenty work to do.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    As with all seasons, we'll have offered quality a deal, quality will still be wiping the tears of laughter away and we're now on trialists.

Last week, we apparently had three offers made according to the managers interview. One has signed, from this I presume the others passed.

It's currently looking more and more like Mogga's first summer when we said 'kids plus some Middlesbrough reserve? why couldn't we have gotten proven quality like Gus Uhlenbeek?'

Let's hope lightening is striking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    As with all seasons, we'll have offered quality a deal, quality will still be wiping the tears of laughter away and we're now on trialists.

Last week, we apparently had three offers made according to the managers interview. One has signed, from this I presume the others passed.

It's currently looking more and more like Mogga's first summer when we said 'kids plus some Middlesbrough reserve? why couldn't we have gotten proven quality like Gus Uhlenbeek?'

Let's hope lightening is striking twice.

We still have Stubbs' Everton connections to fall back on. If it goes to the wire, as it often does, I can see us getting some loan signings in from his old club.

I know our season starts early up here but I'm more than happy for the management team to take their time and make sure the players we get in are of a decent quality rather than just signing anyone for the sake of it, the decisions must be correct an not rushed, we still have 6 weeks of the window to go.e

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    I know our season starts early up here but I'm more than happy for the management team to take their time and make sure the players we get in are of a decent quality rather than just signing anyone for the sake of it, the decisions must be correct an not rushed, we still have 6 weeks of the window to go.e
    How do you square that with other clubs not waiting to sign quality, but doing it now, JC?

@hibs.net private member
    Why can't decent quality be signed now, though? We've waited for signings most other years and are left with loans and rubbish on deadline day. The 'we want to make sure we get quality' is the line that the club has used for years.

Lets hope they mean it this time, but now we're bringing in trialists, it's looking like the 'quality players' has told us to bolt.

How do you square that with other clubs not waiting to sign quality, but doing it now, JC?
    I can only presume it's either to do with Stubbs being brought in a couple of weeks late so he's on catch up, or he's very fussy and only wants a certain style/type of player at the club, whatever we must allow him time to get it right.

Why can't decent quality be signed now, though? We've waited for signings most other years and are left with loans and rubbish on deadline day. The 'we want to make sure we get quality' is the line that the club has used for years.

Lets hope they mean it this time, but now we're bringing in trialists, it's looking like the 'quality players' has told us to bolt.
    There must be dozens upon dozens of players out of contract from last season, trialist just means we're having a look at them to make sure they are of the right character for the club and that they can also fit in with squad psyche, no point bringing in someone if they are half decent but a complete bellend and doesn't get on with anyone.

What a sensible post !!
    Doubt if it will go down well with certain posters but for what its worth I think you say it all

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Folk seem to be getting worked up that we're now getting trialists in. Have we not had them in for the past two/three weeks anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    What a sensible post !!
    Doubt if it will go down well with certain posters but for what its worth I think you say it all

I agree a very sensible post.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Completely agree. Stubbs main market of knowledge will be u21 which will mean EPL teams taking the time to see who comes in or out of their club then deciding who can go or not so it is only natural that we may get some decent players in nearer the end of the window. If that is the case and it makes us better in the long run then good. He hasnt been in the job long and is also trying to develop a culture at the club as well as a playing style so will have alot on his plate however does need a degree of patience also.

Yams signed Bauben.

Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowHibee View Post
    Yams signed Bauben.
    The only plus point of the Summer so far is the averageness of the Yams signings. They are there for the taking if we get our a**e in gear.

Stubbs 'on verge' of next quality signing.

No further details given by tight arse source at club.

Good stuff mate, any idea what position the player would fill? cheers