hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

How do we get every Hibby and their dog out to support the Club in the playoffs

I am gutted about the situation we now find ourselves in, the same as every other Hibby at the moment. We can all pick over the bones of what has gone wrong, and nobody can blame anyone for feeling like that. I too am bemused about how we have got into this situation. some of Terry's team selections, and failure to make changes when a plan is not working etc are baffling. The players have been woeful. We did not buy the striker we needed in Jan, did Ron say no etc etc etc..

That is all negative stuff, which until the play off result is final is unimportant. What we all need to do now is come out and support the club through these next two play off games. This is not a vote for the chairman, the players or the management team. This is a vote for Hibernian FC. The club that we all love needs all the help it can get, to get us through the season, and retain our place in the top league. If that means cheering on those responsible for getting us in this position in the first place, so be it.

Ask every Hibby you know to get along to these games if at all possible. Getting relegated any year is a disaster for a club like us. Getting relegated this year when the Huns and them are in that league is even worse.

GGTTH
    Last edited by VPHIBEE; 11-05-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. Log in to remove the advert

It'll be a sell out. We are hibbys and we are all gutted about yesterday, but we have one more chance to save ourselves and 99% of us will get back behind the players for the playoff

We could shout 'Walkies'
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could shout 'Walkies'
    Roll over would maybe be more apt for us ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    It'll be a sell out. We are hibbys and we are all gutted about yesterday, but we have one more chance to save ourselves and 99% of us will get back behind the players for the playoff
    I agree but only if the price right
    £15 for Adults and £5 for kids anymore and we will struggle to sell out

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Keeping the prices at £15 and £5 would be a start. The fact of the matter is, folk that haven't been there all season, probably won't turn out for a relegation play off. They'll probably watch it on BT Sport. And can you blame them?

However, I'll be doing my bit and going to both legs! GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Absolutely agree...it's what we do. I'll be there whatever. Blind loyalty/faith etc but they're my team, my club through thick and all too often thin!

Glory Glory!

Letting us all in for NOTHING would be better, after paying to watch that dross all season.

We'll easily sell our allocation for the away game.

Think expecting a sell out for the home leg is optimistic though. Saturday was to all intents and purposes a 'play off' game and we got just over 15000 with a good away support. I'd say Hamilton or Falkirk would get close to selling out the away end and about the same number of Hibs fans as Saturday so about 16/17K.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Think expecting a sell out for the home leg is optimistic though. Saturday was to all intents and purposes a 'play off' game and we got just over 15000 with a good away support. I'd say Hamilton or Falkirk would get close to selling out the away end and about the same number of Hibs fans as Saturday so about 16/17K.
    I would be very surprised if Hamilton had more than 2k. Falkirk I could see getting close to filling the South stand.

I think the best way would be for existing season tickets to be able to be used as basically it is the same league season the game is in, not a separate competition such as a cup. To not do this at a time when fans are a little miffed at the club would be IMO PR suicide.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Well I've booked a flight Heathrow to Edinburgh on Sunday morning.

Back on the last flight down.

I've made the effort for semis and finals and feel I have to make the effort for what IMHO is the most important game in my living memory.

This is not the case of winning somthing, as not losing somthing.

J

Really £15 and £5.

If they really want fans to show up in our numbers Id say £5 and £1.

I think it will be a near sell out. Despite our grievances with individuals at the Club, and among ourselves at times on these boards, I've no doubt we will gather and support the guys. Its the Hibs way .

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Have to be there & just don't understand the concept of not being there.

I would much rather survey the wreckage of this season after helping Hibs stay in the Premier
    than give up now. The players need to turn up and perform, so we really need the law of averages to kick in
    but a full on away support and a capacity ER will help. That's our job.
    GG

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I'll be in the land of the Paddys for the 2nd leg unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Falkirk V Accies tomorrow is £12 adults and kids are free.

According to the Accies Forum the home team gets about 40% of the gate money with the rest going to the League. I expect the League will dictate the price policy for our game not Hibs.
    Accies League games are £16 so a 25% reduction for the play offs, if that was replicated the following week it should be £16/£17 but I cant imagine them allowing all kids in for free.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We shouldn't be in this awful position, so the club shouldn't be making money from it.

ST holders - free entry

Walk ups - maximum of a tenner for adults, nominal for kids.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    We shouldn't be in this awful position, so the club shouldn't be making money from it.

ST holders - free entry

EXACTLY.. Petrie take note !

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Absolutely ***** all chance I'll be missing either of these games. These games are as big as cup finals at the moment, the prospect of having to manoeuvre past both the cheats next season is unthinkable.

I'll be doing all I can to encourage this mob over the line.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone think we will sell out ER if we are still in it come the 2nd leg?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Anyone think we will sell out ER if we are still in it come the 2nd leg?
    That is my biggest worry leading in to this, I will be going to one of the games ( all i can afford ) not sure which one it will be yet though.

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=Nando™;4010274]Absolutely ***** all chance I'll be missing either of these games. These games are as big as cup finals at the moment, the prospect of having to manoeuvre past both the cheats next season is unthinkable.
    t
    I'll be doing all I can to encourage this mob over the line.[/QUOTE

I have been following Hibs since 1963 and although I don't keep the best of health now I will be there because after everything I still want the best for the club

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VPHIBEE View Post
    I am gutted about the situation we now find ourselves in, the same as every other Hibby at the moment. We can all pick over the bones of what has gone wrong, and nobody can blame anyone for feeling like that. I too am bemused about how we have got into this situation. some of Terry's team selections, and failure to make changes when a plan is not working etc are baffling. The players have been woeful. We did not buy the striker we needed in Jan, did Ron say no etc etc etc..

That is all negative stuff, which until the play off result is final is unimportant. What we all need to do now is come out and support the club through these next two play off games. This is not a vote for the chairman, the players or the management team. This is a vote for Hibernian FC. The club that we all love needs all the help it can get, to get us through the season, and retain our place in the top league. If that means cheering on those responsible for getting us in this position in the first place, so be it.

Ask every Hibby you know to get along to these games if at all possible. Getting relegated any year is a disaster for a club like us. Getting relegated this year when the Huns and them are in that league is even worse.

GGTTH
    For a start they need to be letting ST holders in for a token fee of £5. Walk ups £10. OAP & kids £2

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Strangely enough there might not be enough tickets to go round for everyone who wants to go to the away game.

The Hibs fans will turn out in big numbers home and away there is no doubt about that, as long as we are still in it for the second leg, it's not the fans we need to worry about not turning up.

Just for once we need the players to turn up for a change and defend well and learn to start scoring goals and we will have a chance, don't do these things and it is relegation, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

ST holders - free entry

Totally agree

Given we have suffered horribly this season, it would be a good gesture from the club.

Either way though i'll be there

il be at the midweek game but asked for the sunday off and got told to bolt , the boss is a ****bo so no surprises there

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    Keeping the prices at £15 and £5 would be a start. The fact of the matter is, folk that haven't been there all season, probably won't turn out for a relegation play off. They'll probably watch it on BT Sport. And can you blame them?

However, I'll be doing my bit and going to both legs! GGTTH!

I hope to go to both legs as well but away end at hamilton is small ,not sure about falkirk though

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    You can be sure whoever we are playing will give us the minimum they can, they will not want a big noisy Hibs support there. Think the pricing of the home tie will be out of our hands. Lets hope the players turn up too.
    45 AND RISING