hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Collins SOS

Get him in next season get Petrie out let him structure top to bottom and weed all the sad pathetic weak losers we have collected over the last 7 years.....not realistic but we need something at the club

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get him in next season get Petrie out let him structure top to bottom and weed all the sad pathetic weak losers we have collected over the last 7 years.....not realistic but we need something at the club
    Do you honestly think he would come back with Petrie still at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Do you honestly think he would come back with Petrie still at the club?
    No that's why I said get him in an Petrie out

Collins sussed the lack of a professional approach / attitude at Hibs 7 years ago, he wasnt backed and we are where we are - a complete shambles

I'd love it if we had his philosophies embedded into our club's structure. The football on the deck, the tip-top fitness regimes coupled with his network on the continent. We'd definitely be a step ahead if these ideas were implemented throughout the club as a constant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What has John Collins done as a manager since he left us six and a half years ago to merit being considered as a suitable replacement as manager?

I have nothing personal against him but he's been in the managerial wilderness ever since he left us, barring a short spell in Belgium.

No that's why I said get him in an Petrie out
    Apologies jumped in too quick without reading through

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I think had JC stayed at Hibs we would be in the top six of the SPL in most seasons. Won more silverware. We have a manager in TB who should be given at least another year to develop his team. Hibs need stability and perhaps time for a new owner. Hibs owe a great deal to STF and without him there would probably be no Hibs, perhaps it is time for a new owner and change in direction at the club.

An I thought I was wrecked.

Fantastic player, but he doesn't have the right mindset to be a successful manager. That's what the timing of his resignation says to me anyway.

Last manager to win us a cup & in style (funnily enough against todays opponents), yet never will get the respect he deserves IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Last manager to win us a cup & in style (funnily enough against todays opponents), yet never will get the respect he deserves IMHO.
    That's what happens when you split at the first sign of trouble.
    He's now unemployable.

First Team Breakthrough
    yeah the same manager that couldn't beat Dunfie (over 2 games) in the Scottish a fortnight later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    That's what happens when you split at the first sign of trouble.
    He's now unemployable.
    Or not getting enough of player sales income?

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    Collins sussed the lack of a professional approach / attitude at Hibs 7 years ago, he wasnt backed and we are where we are - a complete shambles

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    I'd love it if we had his philosophies embedded into our club's structure. The football on the deck, the tip-top fitness regimes coupled with his network on the continent. We'd definitely be a step ahead if these ideas were implemented throughout the club as a constant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not sure if he is actively seeking employment but we should sound him out on it IMO!

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Or not getting enough of player sales income?
    Given the absolute dross he signed with the money he did have, he rightly wasn't given any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero76 View Post
    yeah the same manager that couldn't beat Dunfie (over 2 games) in the Scottish a fortnight later.
    So the Dons should sack McIness?

He won our last trophy. Respect IMO

@hibs.net private member
    Won the league cup with mowbrays team, gets all the credit.... Butcher is making us fail with Fenlons team gets all the credit not Fenlon.

First Team Breakthrough
    So the Dons should sack McIness?

He won our last trophy. Respect IMO
    respect is due mate no doubt but lets not make collins out to be some super manager, he was far from it. Just look at some of his signings.

We should have been horsing dunfie in that semi... no excuses.

He also made some horrendous signings and those signings were the start of the downward spiral that we have been on since 2007 cup win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero76 View Post
    respect is due mate no doubt but lets not make collins out to be some super manager, he was far from it. Just look at some of his signings.
    Agree, some poor signings. But compared to what we suffer now :(
    Mixu wasnt good enough or Yogi. Look at us now.

Collins came in BEFORE Hearts Qtr final, 82% game. Bad times eh

Quote Originally Posted by EdinAyr View Post
    Won the league cup with mowbrays team, gets all the credit.... Butcher is making us fail with Fenlons team gets all the credit not Fenlon.
    But Fenlon was doing better with Fenlon's team!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    What has John Collins done as a manager since he left us six and a half years ago to merit being considered as a suitable replacement as manager?

I have nothing personal against him but he's been in the managerial wilderness ever since he left us, barring a short spell in Belgium.
    Aye, but he had the right ideas for us. We'd need a proper scouting network to identify decent signings mind.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    It wasn't bad enough that we were losing the golden generation, JC then chose to marginalise the best of the rest of the squad as well.

John Collins is a self interested, self obsessed tit. He's a clever guy, who is well connected in football terms, but can't pick a player, and his personality is entirely counter productive to making it in management.

He is actually as much to blame as any manager of the past 7 years for the predicament we find ourselves. He left Mixu a totally broken dressing room, but with promises of this and that still ringing in the ears of the support.

@hibs.net private member
    I said I'n another thread get JC I'n to be used with Butcher for tactics. I watched jibs change formation 4/5 times I'n the one Galway Easter Road against Celtic and Strachan couldn't keep up.

Mind set he was miles ahead of Scottish football In fitness and dietary pholosophy. Couldn't pick deceant players but definately could set up a team and change it.

I believe him Butcher and Malpas would have the makings of a great partnership, especially if it means Petrie has to go and we cannot afford to pay of Butcher.

Will it happen, not a chance but I can live I'n hope and ( probably will being a hibby ) die I'n dispare. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    He is actually as much to blame as any manager of the past 7 years for the predicament we find ourselves..
    Your post was full of questionable opinions but the bit above is just ridiculous

Why Collins and his league cup winning team of 2007 are to blame for the farcical team we have SEVEN years later I can only begin to guess.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Your post was full of questionable opinions but the bit above is just ridiculous

Why Collins and his league cup winning team of 2007 are to blame for the farcical team we have SEVEN years later I can only begin to guess.
    Because it was him that kicked off the deterioration.

We were resigned to losing Thomson and Brown etc. However, we didn't need to lose Stewart and Sproule. Just after Mixu left, Nish was talking about the way Mixu had only just started to reunite the dressing room - when he walked in it was the most fractured he had ever seen. That caused HUGE problems, and of course, Mixu got chucked (for no good reason) and we had to start again, with a totally different strategy. Our problems with management have rumbled on ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    It wasn't bad enough that we were losing the golden generation, JC then chose to marginalise the best of the rest of the squad as well.

John Collins is a self interested, self obsessed tit. He's a clever guy, who is well connected in football terms, but can't pick a player, and his personality is entirely counter productive to making it in management.

He is actually as much to blame as any manager of the past 7 years for the predicament we find ourselves. He left Mixu a totally broken dressing room, but with promises of this and that still ringing in the ears of the support.
    Disagree with virtually all of this. It reads as if you have a personal dislike of Collins.

First Team Breakthrough
    JC definitely deserves some blame. He was a decent coach and coached the team mowbray assembled to the league cup and will always thank him for that.

But he had no scouting network and he signed the worst players of any hibs manager in living memory. Bold statement but who has been worse than this list?

Brian kerr
    Alan obrien
    Patrick noubissie
    Thierry gathuessi
    Antoine-courier
    Makalambay

To be fair to JC he still coached those misfits to a higher league finish than butcher and malpas and no doubt he would get more out of this group. I think if he was first team coach under fenlon instead of jimmy nicholl things might be different now but can't see him as manager in his own right. He is still a legend though.
    Last edited by macd123; 10-05-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Will always remember the CIS cup win and he's a good Hibs man but never a manager.

Started the decline in calibre of player at this club which hasn't stopped since. Some of the names listed in the post above mine are honking!