hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

"Embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter".

Is what a guy said on Off The Ball and what many other are saying on social media, and probably at the game itself.

A bit dramatic to say you are embarrassed to support us. Be embarrased, ashamed, disgusted at the result but always be proud of the club.

Today was a bad result, we have what seems to be at the moment a clueless manager and one of the poorest playing squads in living memory. But, things can and WILL get better. Folk may feel they need to force the boards hand in getting the manager out (the protest/demonstration after todays game, although it wasn't all directed at Butcher, mainly Petrie). But if we are relegated Butcher will be replaced at somepoint and Hibs will go onto bigger and better things. (I do hope he keeps us up and is given a chance to build a team to compete in the league next season).

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't support Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that bad.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is what a guy said on Off The Ball and what many other are saying on social media, and probably at the game itself.

A bit dramatic to say you are embarrassed to support us. Be embarrased, ashamed, disgusted at the result but always be proud of the club.

Today was a bad result, we have what seems to be at the moment a clueless manager and one of the poorest playing squads in living memory. But, things can and WILL get better. Folk may feel they need to force the boards hand in getting the manager out (the protest/demonstration after todays game, although it wasn't all directed at Butcher, mainly Petrie). But if we are relegated Butcher will be replaced at somepoint and Hibs will go onto bigger and better things. (I do hope he keeps us up and is given a chance to build a team to compete in the league next season).

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't suppott Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that bad.

GGTTH

Cracking post, hits the nail right on the head.

Good post.

It wasn't me that was on the pitch, in the dugout or the boardroom. They can sort it out amongst themselves regarding who should be "embarrassed"

I'm not embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter, never have been.

There are a fair few people who should be embarrassed today but certainly not the fans.

First Team Regular

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't support Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that bad.

GGTTH
    Maybe he only meant at the moment but nevertheless always be proud to be a Hibee. Cant see when it will get better, it seems a LONG way off. We have gradually declined since the Mowbray/Collins teams, mainly due to poor managerial appointments and even poorer players being signed. There is no way teams like Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness, etc pay more wages than Hibs, yet we are unable to produce anything that even resembles a football team.

To me the boy came across daft and like he never had a clue what he was talking about

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I can honestly say I've never been embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. Maybe if we'd shafted local business, stolen from charities, employed paedophilia or that sort of thing...

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not embarrassed to be Hibs supproter, never have been.

There are a fair few people who should be embarrassed today but certainly not the fans.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    We are Hibernian Football Club not Butcher, Malpas, Petrie ,Farmer or the current crop of rank footballers lucky to be given the chance to wear the famous strip.
    They will all go eventually but we will always be here.

I will NEVER be embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter.

Unbelievable thing to say.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeDave's Avatar
    I'm not embarassed, just angry it got this far.

@hibs.net private member
    Not proud of much in my life except my family, my Irish roots, and my love affair with the Hibs.
    Embarrassed??? not a chance!!!

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar

Never be embarrassed to be one of us. You can't support Hibernian Football Club without having more great days that good.

GGTTH
    Clearly not a true statement for those of us my age. I've had far more shocking days than good. Only a few would be "great".
    Last edited by BigKev; 10-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    To me the boy came across daft and like he never had a clue what he was talking about
    And just what was Butcher doing talking like that on a radio show ?

Its yam talk. Ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Clearly not a true statement for those of us my age. I've had far more shocking days than bad. Only a few would be "great".
    I agree, this last 40 years there has been more bad days that great times, more cup defeats than success stories, I am extremely angry as we have never reached our potential

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I can honestly say I've never been embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter. Maybe if we'd shafted local business, stolen from charities, employed paedophilia or that sort of thing...
    10/10

Sent from my iphone

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Good post. I'm depressed but not embarrassed. I'm effed off but looking forward to the playoffs. I hope we win.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Embarrased? No chance im a very proud Hibby.

Idiotic thing to say. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was probably very angry and just let his anger get the better of him and didn't put his brain into gear before opening his mouth. Most people have done that at some time I would hazard a guess. I am angry at the state of affairs at my beloved Hibs, but I have always been PROUD to be a Hibs supporter, never ever embarrassed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not embarrassed to be a Hibs supporter, never have been.

This

Never embarrassed.
    Far from proud too.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm off out tonight with 3 scots lads, none are Hibs fans. They will rip the piss out of me, will i be embarrassed, too ****in right i will?

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm off out tonight with 3 scots lads, none are Hibs fans. They will rip the piss out of me, will i be embarrassed, too ****in right i will?

Embarrassed about the current situation or embarrassed about being a hibby?

Never Embarrassed constantly disappointed

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    No club could never sink that low,could they?

Coaching Staff
    Never ever embarrassed it's football, we have been here before and no doubt again....as have other clubs.

I'm embarrassed we have the likes of Nelson at the football club though. The defence today looked like something out of Dad's Army on a training exercise. Mate and I were laughing up the road after the game - that is what this Hibs squad have done to us this season and last. Made us not get angry at defeat anymore. Just laughing at them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Im not embarassed to be a supporter, im proud to be a hibs fan.

I am however embarassed by the team and our failings. We should not be a team that fights relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Indeed, Hibs have made me feel embarrassed regularly, finding it hard to cling on to anything positive about the club, take many a ripping from friends/work colleagues about Hibs nowadays and have nothing to come back with, nothing, that's embarrassing.

This bunch of players deserve to go down.

'S' Form
    Preach it