hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boycott

A boycott would do more harm than good so for that reason I'm out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    I have been on this forum many times being critical of Farmer/Petrie's running of the club and been ridiculed for my opinions by some who just won't see the full picture. I have been concerned for many years now that we seem to be sleepwalking towards disaster, and that moment would appear to looming large at this moment.

I don't come on this forum to be critical, just for the sake of it, or to vent my spleen. I express my opinions and feelings, which I believe many share, in the hope that the club will be aware of the level of dissatisfaction and frustration felt by us in this seemingly endless litany of failure and under-acheivement. A club with our resources should at least be competing at the top end of the league instead of continually languishing at the wrong end or fighting relegation.

I do not favour a boycott and have renewed my ST and will continue to support the club, however we should not let up in giving Farmer/Petrie the message that we demand change and they had better start listening to their paying customers. The toleration of decline is simply not an option!
    Last edited by Criswell; 11-05-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boycott yer erse. The fans are needed more than ever.
    made a huge difference today right enough

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Tin hat on because I know that there will be people who disagree but enough is enough. We need to get our club back from the hands of Farmer and Petrie. The clubs demise has come about because our owner does not care, he saved us not because this is the club he loves but because of family ties. Other clubs have owners who invest because they want success for the club they love, look at Stewart Milne at Aberdeen at the end of the league cup final in tears and Eddie Thomson at Dundee United as examples. We as season ticket purchasing, merchandise buying consumers of Hibernian FC are feeding Petrie his salary and the only way that these two men will listen is to attack the one thing that they are emotionally attached to, money. If we stop investing they will leave and we can win our club back and bring back the glory days that we sorely deserve. To Farmer I am eternally grateful to you for saving this club but now you are killing it. Enough is enough, the fans must be heard, we must stop investing money and save our club.
    Stop investing, then who exactly will? We need action but if we walk away the club is finished. We need to rally round, get the job done and stay in the league and all the questions can wait until after the dust settles. Boycott's are the last thing Hibs need just now.
    Last edited by Emerald; 11-05-2014 at 12:13 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    **** Hibs. Took 10years off my life this year. I'll not be giving them another 10 years. Rotten to the core.

Be there for the play-offs but be heard about change also - because if we change nothing, nothing will change. The last 7 year prove this, and STF/RP won't u-turn on how they 'run the business' otherwise they'd have done so before allowing 7 years of rot/dross/decline etc.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    What exactly is the boycott for? The players and management haven't performed as they should, simple as that. Petrie has given us the management team that supporters wanted on several occasions. He has also given them money to spend.
    You are missing the point. Completely.

RP's role is not to give us the management we want - it is to give us the team we want! Did we want Mowbray? No, but we wanted the team we got!

There is no defence for RP. The clown is guilty of 'leading' this club to this point, and he must go..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Boycott yer erse. The fans are needed more than ever.
    Been hearing this drivel for weeks and weeks, we make no difference hibs are beyond help, at least we have a great empty stadium and training complex eh. Couple of years in div1 and we will be selling east mains off to help us break even.

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Mr.Petrie always does his wee walk about behind the goals on matchdays.
    Wonder what his reaction would be if the place was empty when walking through that door?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    I'm boycotting from the end of may until the start of august.
    Ron I'm now worried I nearly agree with you, but if there is a few decent away friendlies I'll be there.

Don't see what a boycott is going achieve apart from hurting the club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Ron I'm now worried I nearly agree with you, but if there is a few decent away friendlies I'll be there.

Don't see what a boycott is going achieve apart from hurting the club
    mair damage than the person who has been running it in tae the ground for years with the approval of the silent uninterested owner?
    Last edited by Saorsa; 11-05-2014 at 08:24 AM.