hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Half time boos

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty boy
    Your part of the problem (IMO)
    Same guy probably criticized players that have gone on to do elsewhere.
    I'm not suggesting we accept inferior team from the club.
    But your solution is not to applaud the players for effort?
    Stay at home.
    Good one.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    For my money....

The half time boys were directed at

1) The Patrick players who started time wasting from about 10 mins in

And

2) The ref and assistants who did nothing about said time wasting and were totally losing control of the game.

Not directed at the hibs team or effort in my book
    Thats the way i saw it as well.when the ref and his assistants went in the boos rang out

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Not read through the thread so apologies if already said, the half time boo boys must have felt pretty daft as they were drowned out by the applause, betcha some of them ended up booing as they started to clap. Fuds.
    To be fair there wasn't much booing and what there was was quickly drowned out with applause

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy 7-0 View Post
    Probably correct on both counts...Another useless tosser of a ref.
    Eh, what did the ref do wrong in the 1st half or in the whole game?

I thought the ref had a decent game.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    Oh dear oh dear... Yet again we are burying our heads in the sand are we?!?!

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!
    The SFA and UEFA produce a licence to coach in booing? And you got both? Your 8 year old must be so proud.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    image.jpgIf only we had more threads like this then perhaps we could Hoover up more wind-up merchants and yams... A kind of vitual fly zapper
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...

Oh dear oh dear... Yet again we are burying our heads in the sand are we?!?!

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!

The wallies on here never disappoint!

@hibs.net private member
    It's sad but true that over the last 5 years or so we have been subjected to so much disappointment and false dawns that some in the support seem to have just got into the habit of BOOing - this IS a relatively new thing. Even back in the direst days under Alex Miller (and he did have some dire runs) and the relegation season under Jim Duffy, booing was rarely heard from the Hibs support. That was not because the fans were all sweetness and light - it just didn't occur to most folk as they were there to SUPPORT the team.

Without wanting to censor folk from expressing their opinions I agree that the BOOing at HT was an act of utter stupidity from some - even if it was supposed to be aimed at the ref (and I don't agree that it was - otherwise they'd have waited until the ref was about to leave the pitch) the HT booing was still jumped upon by the press and would only have acted as an extra spur to our opposition and was in any case totally unjustified.

People are entitled to their opinions as they pay their money - my opinion is that spineless idiots like that should shut the **** up or go home.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Maybe we should install ER with ejector seats and leave control of who gets launched to Malpas?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfyhibby View Post
    Why? Please explain, cos I thought that was ridiculous!
    The team put in a lot of effort, definitely should have been leading.
    Ok, not saying we were great, but why the **** do fans think that will help us! Take a look at yourselves, FFS
    We obviously all love our club, so give credit when credit is due!
    There have been loads of occasions this season when booing has been justified cos it's been woeful at times, but that was a shift today!
    Cmon the cabbage!

Well done to the fans who got behind the team!!
    Never heard any boos at HT but the pricks who booed Collins when he came on are a disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves. Are you really that stupid? Other than those pricks and the ppl giving Nelson stick for being sent off after McGivern put him in the **** I thought the support was magnificent. Pity the so called fans who stayed away in the clubs hour of need couldn't turn out to support the team.

The wallies on here never disappoint!
    If it makes you feel better, only a small percentage of hibs supporters opinions are shared on this site.

Never mind half-time, we really should start selling booze before the game at ER, so everybody can cope.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    If it makes you feel better, only a small percentage of hibs supporters opinions are shared on this site.

We need to collectively stop all this negativity. Let everyone else be negative about our club, we need to be stronger as fans, stronger as a team, stronger as a collective and lastly, be part of a stronger club.

All this negative stuff - booing players at HT after hitting post twice and 1 wonder save; booing a player who takes one for the team (Nelson) and a player who always tries his best (Collins), talking about PF vs. TB and getting stuck into Malpas for his antics. All of the before, whilst possibly making an interesting debate is worthless and makes us look like a laughingstock. We should support the players as much as we can, shouldn't boo our own, shouldn't compare current manager against previous on unfair grounds, and shouldn't care about what Malpas does (antics) because I prefer that to having a statue in the dugout.

Maybe it is just me but the amount of negativity on this forum makes me think there are Jambos in disguise or something. If that isn't the case, how about we all try to breed positivity rather than negativity for once??

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    We need to collectively stop all this negativity. Let everyone else be negative about our club, we need to be stronger as fans, stronger as a team, stronger as a collective and lastly, be part of a stronger club.

All this negative stuff - booing players at HT after hitting post twice and 1 wonder save; booing a player who takes one for the team (Nelson) and a player who always tries his best (Collins), talking about PF vs. TB and getting stuck into Malpas for his antics. All of the before, whilst possibly making an interesting debate is worthless and makes us look like a laughingstock. We should support the players as much as we can, shouldn't boo our own, shouldn't compare current manager against previous on unfair grounds, and shouldn't care about what Malpas does (antics) because I prefer that to having a statue in the dugout.

Maybe it is just me but the amount of negativity on this forum makes me think there are Jambos in disguise or something. If that isn't the case, how about we all try to breed positivity rather than negativity for once??
    Good to see there are still a decent number of REAL Hibernian supporters on here talking common sense. I think you are right about the jambos comment.

I also happen to think it is the stay away fans who are the most negative posters. I know dozens of so called Hibbys who tell me we should get rid of Petrie etc and haven't been to a game in years, other than cup finals that is.

Posters on here openly gloating about the fact they are not going to the games makes a supporter NOT, in ma eyes anyway, don't know what goes thru their head though.