hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Half time boos

Oh dear oh dear... Yet again we are burying our heads in the sand are we?!?!

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I haven't missed a game all season, home and away and have my sfa and UEFA coaching licence... So I know what I am talking about!
    You're entitled to your opinion but seriously, you thought that gutsy display worthy of booing? Thankfully you were very much in the minority
    This is how it feels

Not read through the thread so apologies if already said, the half time boo boys must have felt pretty daft as they were drowned out by the applause, betcha some of them ended up booing as they started to clap. Fuds.

Sorry my friend. You are talking drivel. I have no wish to humiliate your 8 year old but I don't think his touch will be required at County on Tuesday evening. Any You Tube videos handy to prove your point? Coaching courses and qualifications have evidently not done you any good.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    People on the east booing when Collins came on as well. Dearly me. Should never boo our own player.
    Watching Too much Big Brother evictions if you ask me...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

No you don't!!!
    Last edited by greenlex; 03-05-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Watching Too much Big Brother evictions if you ask me...
    Burn the witch!

So does Calderwood I imagine...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    I thought the boos were for the ref?
    that was my take on things too

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    that was my take on things too
    Defo booing for the team as soon as the ref blew for half time. The ref got his boos as he reached the tunnel after the teams.

Promising Youngster Scotty-1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    People on the east booing when Collins came on as well. Dearly me. Should never boo our own player.
    Shocking if true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty-1875 View Post
    Shocking if true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, sadly.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Sorry mate, having your SFA and UEFA badges do not mean you know what you are talking about - especially if what you are talking about is booing a team off at half-time. Also, I believed you mentioned "8-year old son had a better touch" - fair enough, if true - however, I would bet, and hope, you wouldn't boo your son's team off at half-time...And that your son doesn't get berated each time he plays.

I know if I was in the same physical shape as these guys I'd be better than what we have, possibly even Thomson. When I was 13 yrs old I got invited down to Man Utd, rejected it and sent letter to Petrie (Hibs) asking for a trial and never got a reply. I am, and was then, two-footed, and can still probably outpace at least 50% of the starting 11. However, having said all this, I don't boo the team, what is the point?

Football will not improve in Scotland until more youths get a chance of trials at our big clubs and booing, abuse and general shouting stops at youth level and up. So, I hope your son doesn't suffer abuse and he has a chance in football. If you don't boo kids, don't boo adults. Thicker skinned and all that but you are setting a poor example. One of the best defenders I've seen at 14-15yr old level played in the same team as Berra from Hearts and gave up football because he got fed up of the boos and general attitude in football - he moved to rugby.

First Team Breakthrough Calum68's Avatar

I feel inadequate now. I've only got a Scottish Swimmer certificate....

Seriously, if you don't have a coaching badge you don't know what you're talking about?

I honestly really worry for those you are coaching if you can't recognise the efforts of a team that is out of luck showing fight and guts as we enter the final stages of an incessant battle against relegation.

The wallies on here never disappoint!

Very true as you never fail to
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...
    Are you finished yet?

Given the state of several coaches and managers, presumably with the same qualifications as you, that's not really proof you know what you're on about.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, we've been poor for months, without fight. Today we were comfortably the better team, fighting to the bitter end, with 10 men. There's obvious flaws with the team, but we're stuck with what we have till next season, and that was as good as i've seen them in a while.

nope you've maintained their strong reputation.

I am happy to state that my boos were directly aimed at the Hibs players. They are embarrassing. The fact that my 8 year old son has a better first touch than every single one of them is ridiculous. Amateur doesn't start to describe them. What surprised me was the number of fans clapping at FT.... Very easily pleased...
    Don't worry, your 8 year old might get a game for your team in the championship next season.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Who do you refer to? Must be fellow fans that got involved in the booing? If not, then you clearly aren't a supporter: "A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team".

Get off your high-horse and realise that no matter how many badges you may have, you've talked drivel. If you want an example:

Scottish school/youth teams, early coaching is about getting stuck in and running a lot (up and down hills) - teaching kids to play long ball and get stuck in and to generally cheat. Encouraging thugs really - heard parents shout "break his legs" at 9-10yr old games and seen an all out brawl between 2 school teams around 12-13yr olds playing - including a goalkeeper running the entire length of pitch to get involved. This comes from mentalities that condone booing fellow people and not regarding what it would be like if you got booed or got said "broken leg".

Spanish teams, encourage passing and dribbling, thinking about passages of play and not berating players for trying something different. From very young, it doesn't matter about score or result, it is about playing and learning - less about tables and so on...I've seen some Spanish youth games and never seen parents/spectators screaming abuse (red faced due to rage and generally slavering).

This filters up and whether you think it or not, you are maintaining this trend by booing the team you are supposed to be a fan of. You are most likely a fan that boos when Collins came on. This is not supporting, this is not being a fan, and if this is what you view as being acceptable, then I'd hope you aren't using your badges so that you can coach kids...

If you booed the team at halftime today after that 45 minute performance you're an idiot.

Lets move on.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    If you booed the team at halftime today after that 45 minute performance you're an idiot.

Lets move on.
    I was quite proud of the fans applauding at half time ... **** got real
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

So you are both an experienced and professional, fully qualified Boo-er then?

Let me guess - you've been places, done things?

If you're for real maybe you need to reassess your relationship with Hibs?

Just say no, kids

Pub conversation...

Hibee A "Did you hear the boos at half-time? What was all that about?"
    Hibee B "Think it was about the officials, vital to get that point tho' get the beers in..."

[END - Life continues]. ;)

Bay Area Hibees you on the sauce?
    Think you have pointed the finger at the wrong person. :D

The most ridiculous post I've ever read on here.