hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

BBC Scotland Sportsound headlines?

Hibs fail to get beat

WTF are we going to talk about?

Well done the 10 men, fighting performance, onward and upward. Mon the siege mentality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs fail to get beat

WTF are we going to talk about?

Well done the 10 men, fighting performance, onward and upward. Mon the siege mentality.
    I used to call them the EBC.

Now it's the HBC - hearts broadcasting corporation

Siege mentality needed at hibs - nobody likes us, and we don't care

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

GGTTH

let's give that one to the huns, anyway..partick thistle fans appear to think the bbc commentators were all hibby's today

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

GGTTH
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    let's give that one to the huns, anyway..partick thistle fans appear to think the bbc commentators were all hibby's today
    Your quote SMS is spot on. For too long we have been a easy touch NICEY NICEY club.
    I don't care if no-one likes us. It's time to man up and if people don't like us they can all **** off.

Thought Richard Gordon on the radio was going to burst into tears when he said hibs had drew with Partick!! Also Murdo Mcleod said that Hibs fighting spirit would save them then Billy Bawbag Dodds jumped in to say no way!! They would hate the Hibees to spoil there end of season party on Sportsound

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikebrazil View Post
    Thought Richard Gordon on the radio was going to burst into tears when he said hibs had drew with Partick!! Also Murdo Mcleod said that Hibs fighting spirit would save them then Billy Bawbag Dodds jumped in to say no way!! They would hate the Hibees to spoil there end of season party on Sportsound
    As much as I think Dodds is a **** - he didn't say/do that.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    As much as I think Dodds is a **** - he didn't say/do that.

Agree. He said he wouldn't go as far as murdo and say fighting spirit will keep us up. He certainly didn't say no way we are down and that's that.

whatever he said, he's a wee scroat o' a hun. I will always remember him as that, and Idont like him or anything he has to say about my team. I will also remember him running to trackside during a QoS televised match to assist his manager. this all happening while he was being paid to comment on the match, by you and me.!

Hibs fans and the anti hibs agenda on the BBC, its really tedious.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Seems we are a bit of a running joke on SportSound going back to at least Fenlon refusing to pamper to them. Always thought Richard Gordon in particular since he mocked us through the cup campaign and we papped his mob out the cup at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by justlikebrazil View Post
    Yeah heard richard gordon,good on murdo though,he was fairly strong in his opinion

@hibs.net private member
    Totally disagree that there is any bias against Hibs. They say what we have been saying on here for ages; that we are howfing!
    What do people want them to say?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Before the game jim spence was on air for about 15 minutes talking to fans outside Easter rd about the current situation. The panel then discussed the fans views. Not bias IMO
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 04-05-2014 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Sp

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    To be honest, by the time I'd got back to the car yesterday Off the Ball was coming back on and they laid into Hibs saying we were absymal and had suffered another horror show against Partick, which couldn't have been further from the truth. Partick needed to win that more than we did as they're still below us, we came back from a goal down with ten men, and IMHO dominated most of the match with a decent performance. Peed me right off, so it did!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    To be honest, by the time I'd got back to the car yesterday Off the Ball was coming back on and they laid into Hibs saying we were absymal and had suffered another horror show against Partick, which couldn't have been further from the truth. Partick needed to win that more than we did as they're still below us, we came back from a goal down with ten men, and IMHO dominated most of the match with a decent performance. Peed me right off, so it did!

I nearly phoned their crappy programme but decided against it has they would have twisted anything I said to suit their own petty agenda against my club.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    On/Off the Ball. Drivel. BBC Scotland at its very worst / best.

Cosgrove(failed journalist, new romantic turned token teuchter): ".........Och aye Taaaaaammmm. It was Bob Malcolm, of course their was punches thrown! ah hahahahahahhaaaargh!"
    Cowan (failed human, fat middle earth Oedipus, virgin at 40) "Aye but Stuart, come oan, wiz Alen Orman there doing his Shakin' Stevens at the karaoke bit though? ah hah hahahahahha aaargh!"
    Cosgrove: Dunno Tam. Why don't we ask this Airdrie / Dundee / Highland has been / ex ref / media type / failed politician / weedgie prick with a book to push on my left? Then we'll take a call so we can agree with / laugh at / rip the pish out of a drunk hater from Larkhall / Coatbridge!!!! AAAAaaargh hahahahahahahhahahahahahah!"

Funny as cancer.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 05-05-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: With thanks to SuperAllyMcleod

Crowther? I assume you mean Cosgrove?

Actually I quite like Off a The Ball - at least they are up front about their allegiances and it's not the usual OF drivel.

Yes, Hibs are in the firing line at the moment but a quick look at this forum will show you that our own fans agree that we are not in a good place.

Having listened to Off The Ball for years I can tell you that both Cosgrove and Cowan have been behind Hibs on many occasions and Cosgrove has been fairly critical of the Jambos financial doping.

We don't want to end up like the OF/Jambos where we get upset every time someone is critical of our club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post

Actually I quite like Off a The Ball - at least they are up front about their allegiances and it's not the usual OF drivel.

Yes, Hibs are in the firing line at the moment but a quick look at this forum will show you that our own fans agree that we are not in a good place.

Having listened to Off The Ball for years I can tell you that both Cosgrove and Cowan have been behind Hibs on many occasions and Cosgrove has been fairly critical of the Jambos financial doping.

We don't want to end up like the OF/Jambos where we get upset every time someone is critical of our club.
    I have to say I like it usually as well, they don't take anything too seriously and it's generally a pretty funny show, to be fair.

Completely wrong with their description of Hibs at the weekend, though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Can we get through a week without greeting about something a journo or broadcaster has wrote?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Can we get through a week without greeting about something a journo or broadcaster has wrote?
    Can we get through a week without greeting about what folk are posting?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Can we get through a week without greeting about what folk are posting?
    The day I stop doing that is the day Hibs win the Scottish cup.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    The day I stop doing that is the day Hibs win the Scottish cup.
    Me too!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    There would still be some tit moaning about something Hibernian.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    Totally disagree that there is any bias against Hibs. They say what we have been saying on here for ages; that we are howfing!
    What do people want them to say?
    It's not necessarily what they say, it's how they say it. They can't disguise their pleasure when we lose, and hate it when we do well. There certainly is a lot of bias against Hibs in the media generally. Some of them absolutely hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It's not necessarily what they say, it's how they say it. They can't disguise their pleasure when we lose, and hate it when we do well. There certainly is a lot of bias against Hibs in the media generally. Some of them absolutely hate us.
    I agree with this. At the same time, the resident 'Hibs fan', Craig Paterson, never seems to really defend our corner either. At the end of the day it's probably all about deflecting even the slightest criticism of Hearts regardless of the fact that they're almost totally responsible for their own predicament.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I agree with this. At the same time, the resident 'Hibs fan', Craig Paterson, never seems to really defend our corner either. At the end of the day it's probably all about deflecting even the slightest criticism of Hearts regardless of the fact that they're almost totally responsible for their own predicament.
    Don't know why you put inverted commas round 'fan' - Craig hurts like the rest of us when Hibs lose. Difference between him and other pundits is he is fair, impartial, has played with numerous clubs in the SPFL and has a wee touch class and humility about him.

I had to adjust my frequency when I heard even Billy Luggs say Hibs played really well - he hates Hibs !

Yep, and the impression I've gathered from some of the media coverage given to HOMFC is that everyone should feel sorry for them, and it was really unfair that their "young guns" (lol) had to cope with the 15 points penalty imposed on their club. I think, as a club, they have escaped pretty lightly and have had very little criticism for the way they have operated (if that's the right word) for many years.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post

Cosgrove, of course, thanks.
    It's drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Don't know why you put inverted commas round 'fan' - Craig hurts like the rest of us when Hibs lose. Difference between him and other pundits is he is fair, impartial, has played with numerous clubs in the SPFL and has a wee touch class and humility about him.

I had to adjust my frequency when I heard even Billy Luggs say Hibs played really well - he hates Hibs !
    In that case I apologize from that perspective. What really gets to me though is that nobody seems to questions the Hearts situation on Sportsound, and he has the perfect opportunity to point out all the problems they've created for themselves instead of them constantly bringing up our situation. They have got off cheaply in the media, and this is a programme that a lot of people listen to, so it would be nice to have a voice that critisizes their situation more openly than just sitting back and saying nothing. That's just my opinion of course, you might disagree.

In that case I apologize from that perspective. What really gets to me though is that nobody seems to questions the Hearts situation on Sportsound, and he has the perfect opportunity to point out all the problems they've created for themselves instead of them constantly bringing up our situation. They have got off cheaply in the media, and this is a programme that a lot of people listen to, so it would be nice to have a voice that critisizes their situation more openly than just sitting back and saying nothing. That's just my opinion of course, you might disagree.
    They were criticised over the years as the story developed with several pundits saying it couldn't continue. The story has moved on now and apart from Hibs fans who wants to hear their 'crimes' listed over and over and over again. It would bore everybody else rigid.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.