hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thigh injury apparently. Gave him a massive clap when he went off incase that's his last game.

If it is, all the best Kev.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Frustrating as ****. When he came back last year the only concern was whether he could stay fit, not if he still had quality - he then stays fit for ages whilst Butcher somehow deemed him surplus to requirements; when Butcher finally sees sense, Kevin shows his quality only to now get injured.

We definitely deserved at least a draw today, but we were much worse without Thomson, and lost our shape after he went off.

KT defo off to Utd at end of season. Jackie Mac rates him highly.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be a massive boost if he could play on Tuesday but I suspect his seasons's over.

"That was classic intercourse!"
    Unlikely he will be fit for Tuesday never mind next Saturday and in reality that is likely the last time anyone will see him in a hibs jersey. Butcher doesn't want to keep him next season so he will move on which is bizarre to everyone with any football knowledge. Hence the interest from hearts, Dundee UTD and another premiership team.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    No he's not don't lie
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 04-05-2014 at 06:04 AM.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I really hope Thommo stays, thought he was good against Hearts and again yesterday.

Dictating tempo, running with ball, composed and fighting for the cause.

He might not have had the yellow armband recently but he's my captain when he plays. No doubt about it.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Unlikely he will be fit for Tuesday never mind next Saturday and in reality that is likely the last time anyone will see him in a hibs jersey. Butcher doesn't want to keep him next season so he will move on which is bizarre to everyone with any football knowledge. Hence the interest from hearts, Dundee UTD and another premiership team.
    I really hoped the recent comments from TB meant he was going to see sense and give him a new contract. If he doesn't it's a f****ing joke IMO. At the moment given the choice between TB and KT leaving I'd be choosing the former.

St. Johnston are wanting him as well. But from what I'm told Butcher may well offer him a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    St. Johnston are wanting him as well. But from what I'm told Butcher may well offer him a deal.
    Fantastic news if true mate. IMO he's shown in the past 2 games that he's the best midfielder (and probably player) we have at ER. He's composed on the ball and has created some of our best chances, all the chat about him slowing the game down is utter bollox, he's a class act. Get him signed up TB and appointed captain. You know it makes sense !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Hopefully this turns out to be the case!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Frustrating as ****. When he came back last year the only concern was whether he could stay fit, not if he still had quality - he then stays fit for ages whilst Butcher somehow deemed him surplus to requirements; when Butcher finally sees sense, Kevin shows his quality only to now get injured.

We definitely deserved at least a draw today, but we were much worse without Thomson, and lost our shape after he went off.
    Spot on.

Lets hope butcher has a replacement lined up for next season as he doesn't cwant Thomson.

Left by mutual consent!
    Correct he rates him but not in a position to offer him a deal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Based on his performances he's well worth a new deal.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post

Shape was changed from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 when he went off we do not have the players to play 4-4-2 the 4-2-3-1 works with Robertson / Thomson getting a bit more time to make passes and prevents teams playing through us so easily

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    I've slated Thomson a fair few times however in the first half yesterday that was the best I've seen him play probably since his first spell at the club.

If I was manager if be worried that he is prone to breaking down with injury and why has it taken so long for him to show his true colours.

If he can reproduce his form of yesterday most weeks, he's definitely worth a new contract.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Fantastic news if true mate. IMO he's shown in the past 2 games that he's the best midfielder (and probably player) we have at ER. He's composed on the ball and has created some of our best chances, all the chat about him slowing the game down is utter bollox, he's a class act. Get him signed up TB and appointed captain. You know it makes sense !!!!
    He's only really shown that once (yesterday). He did dictate play, bossed midfield and got forward.
    Whatever Butcher thought it may have changed as of yesterday's game!

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    He's only really shown that once (yesterday). He did dictate play, bossed midfield and got forward.
    Whatever Butcher thought it may have changed as of yesterday's game!
    I disagree, thought he was our best player last Sunday and played a couple of great through balls, particularly the one to Watmore which ultimately ended up with Forster scoring. I also thought he was excellent when we drew 1-1 with Celtic earlier in the season and imo bossed the current Scotland captain.

In case anyone is wondering, I really rate Kevin Thomson.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    There was a bit of play in the first half where KT was playing almost behind the back four mopping things up and trying to get things going again. Other players seemed to be happy when he had the ball. That tells you something, especially when the confidence levels are so low. For what he can offer the team, I don't see where Butcher could get the same of better with the budget that he will have. He can pass the ball and play with his head up. Don't see why he can't play slightly deeper, where it is not so vital that you are quick off the mark.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    He played well yesterday. Missed the yam game last week so can't comment. He was not playing well the last couple of games I saw him play. Is this a. net fact that TB refused to play him or a real fact? I never saw anything in the papers from either KT or T B to say he was not getting played as Butcher did not like or rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    I really hope Thommo stays, thought he was good against Hearts and again yesterday.

Dictating tempo, running with ball, composed and fighting for the cause.

He might not have had the yellow armband recently but he's my captain when he plays. No doubt about it.
    Ironically we didn't score when we had a ten minute spell in first half when Thompson was dictating we push forward and finding players with some great we passes into feet something we haven't been doing enough of as you need composure on ball, quality to execute pass under pressure and vision.
    On that form would have been confident he could inspire others around him to play better and get us safe .his loss in these last two games for me is a worry as last two performances have been better with him and Robertson in thier .and he too picked up a knock .
    Ironically we scored when they were both off the pitch and down to ten men .first bit of rub of the green we have had in ages .
    I think Killie could beat hearts today so Tueday night is a massive game for us if that pans out .

Thommo is the best player at the club, head and shoulders above every other player.

He is the only player that could probably walk into any other team in the league. Why he hasn't played is a mystery.

We need him on Tuesday and even more so on Saturday, everyone should be crossing their fingers and toes.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Pish.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Thommo is the best player at the club, head and shoulders above every other player.

He is the only player that could probably walk into any other team in the league. Why he hasn't played is a mystery.

We need him on Tuesday and even more so on Saturday, everyone should be crossing their fingers and toes.

Butcher says in his interview he's toiling for Tuesday with a thigh muscle problem. I doubt he will feature on Tuesday or next Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He hasn't signed a pre-contract with anyone. He wants to stay here but as yet hasn't been offered anything

Left by mutual consent!
    Naw he's no!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Jackie Mac may rate him highly (I don't know) but KT is NOT off to Utd at the end of the season.

(repeat 100 times please)

Left by mutual consent!
    If we want so see Kevin here next season, the us the fans have to make it loud and clear against Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    If we want so see Kevin here next season, the us the fans have to make it loud and clear against Killie.

And in Dingwall on Tuesday night. Loud and clear terry. We want him to stay.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    And in Dingwall on Tuesday night. Loud and clear terry. We want him to stay.

"Kevin Thomson, we want you to stay!"

Make it happen guys, c'mon!

If TB is the manager I believe he is then he will build a team around him as club captain.