hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A point we now need a wee Yam win the morn.... A win or at least a point on Tuesday and beat Killie next weekend.
    I just find it really galling, to put it mildly, that Hibs are hoping for HOMFC (relegated) to do us a favour by beating Killie. I'm sick and tired of Hibs being in this situation. If we stay up, there must be no repeat of this torture for a third season in a row.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I just find it really galling, to put it mildly, that Hibs are hoping for HOMFC (relegated) to do us a favour by beating Killie. I'm sick and tired of Hibs being in this situation. If we stay up, there must be no repeat of this torture for a third season in a row.
    I know it's crazy. And I agree no more!!

Not ashamed to say I'll be wanting Hearts to win tomorrow. But a win on wed will keep us up and if we play with the spirit we did today then we will.

The luck Partick got combined with great goalkeeping got them the point. We deserved more than a point today IMO.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Not ashamed to say I'll be wanting Hearts to win tomorrow. But a win on wed will keep us up and if we play with the spirit we did today then we will.

The luck Partick got combined with great goalkeeping got them the point. We deserved more than a point today IMO.
    Tuesday mate
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

I'm thinking of going up from Aberdeen ... Hibs what have you done to me ?!
    4 games in a row 5 for the Kilmarnock game : if we don't stay up it's my fault

I think the players didn't hide today and the crowd applauded them off at half time despite being 1-0 down

On form Watmore should start
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Really... he gave the ball away with almost every pass. He also didn't bother to run back when Partick almost score there second. Im sick if the sight on the white haired bugger.

McGivern is on a par with nelson for sheer lack of quality in his passing, and to cap it all off for him it was yet another of his abysmal passes that led to nelson making that stupid tackle

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Today was a game of two halves - with a twist.

I thought we were by far the superior side in the first half yet we contrived to go in at half time a goal down. A mixture of bad luck, great goalkeeping by the Thistle keeper, poor defending by us, and sometimes poor decisions by our midfield/strikers made me think the worse.

My thoughts were compounded with the injury to KT early in the second half. Thereafter Thistle were the more enterprising side and looked more likely to increase their lead than we were capable of producing an equaliser. We resorted to the long aimless punt in the general direction of Collins and whoever else happened to be in the vicinity. It was horror scene fitba and the equaliser when it did come was against the run of play but may yet prove to be a defining moment in this instantly forgettable season.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 04-05-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Today was a game of two halves - with a twist.

I thought we were by far the superior side in the first half yet we contrived to go in at half time a goal down. A mixture of bad luck, great goalkeeping by the Thistle keeper, poor defending by us, and sometimes poor decision making by our midfield/strikers made me think the worse.

My thoughts were compounded with the injury to KT early in the second half. Thereafter Thistle were the more enterprising side and looked far more likely to increase their lead than we were capable of producing an equaliser. We resorted to the long aimless punt in the general direction of Collins and whoever else happened to be in the vicinity. It was horror scene fitba and the equaliser when it did come was against the run of play but may yet prove to be a defining moment in this instantly forgettable season.
    Good post.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    It's funny how things work out. Pat Fenlon's last game against Hearts saw us batter them for 45 minutes whilst playing with verve and intensity, with only their goalkeeper keeping them in it - we dropped off in the second half, but still missed gilt edged chances and it was a travesty that we lost.

Today was similar in many ways, though we were much better in that Hearts game than we were today (and Thistle better than Hearts were that night), yet here we are (myself included) encouraged that things may be turning just in time for us to hopefully secure our safety. It's just funny how a performance that was nowhere near as good as one that was deemed unacceptable by many a few months ago, is now seen as a positive - and really shows just how far we have fallen under Butcher.

FWIW, I enjoyed the game today and thought we played well at times, easily meriting a point. I'm also not looking to reopen any Fenlon debates - I realise that for many he outstayed his welcome long before that Hearts game, and regardless of the performance, it was a bad result too far. It was just something that came to mind whilst watching the game today.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 04-05-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Compared to the last game against thistle i thought we were much better, the previous game we were played off the park but got a draw at ER but yesterday we were the better side even with the centre backs we have , a bit encouraged for Tuesday night .

Are the YouTube highlights up yet? Can't seem to find them..

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Are the YouTube highlights up yet? Can't seem to find them..
    They're uploaded, but region blocked, so you'll have to watch them through a proxy if you're UK based.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I thought the boy Doolan was offside for their goal yesterday. Having seen the highlights I'm convinced I'm right.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I thought the boy Doolan was offside for their goal yesterday. Having seen the highlights I'm convinced I'm right.
    Looked like it to me as well. Also got very lucky with the goal bouncing back off him and trundling into the net. Can't believe we didnt score more than one. Craig should've been tapping it into the net after the Nelson header off the post but he didn't anticipate it.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

I reckon you are too. This is just as the ball is about to be knocked through

I shouted for offside straight away. Yet another dodgy decision goes against Hibs. Yet the linesman flags offside against Forster for a perfectly good headed goal at PBS. The football cliché is that these things even themselves out over a season. Well, it's time we got one in our favour for a change. Have I just got the green tinted specs on? Can anyone recall any ridiculous decisions in Hibs favour this season?

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

I reckon you are too. This is just as the ball is about to be knocked through
    Looks like Nelson's hand is playing Doolan onside.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Looks like Nelson's hand is playing Doolan onside.
    You can only play someone onside with a part of the body which can legally play the ball. The hand doesn't come into consideration.