hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: golf 2014

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Sergio Garcia, that's some back 9. Love to see him play well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar

Golf Shoes

I am going to need a new pair of shoes soon. I have always had spikes - current ones FootJoys - but I wondered about the new spikeless kind. Are they better than the the traditional ones? What about in our typical Scottish weather? Any advice much appreciated.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am going to need a new pair of shoes soon. I have always had spikes - current ones FootJoys - but I wondered about the new spikeless kind. Are they better than the the traditional ones? What about in our typical Scottish weather? Any advice much appreciated.
    I'd recommend that you look at the Ecco range. They come in a variety of styles, are a bit more expensive but for sheer comfort they can't be beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'd recommend that you look at the Ecco range. They come in a variety of styles, are a bit more expensive but for sheer comfort they can't be beaten.
    Thanks for that. Are spikeless shoes in general OK for grip in bad weather?

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Thanks for that. Are spikeless shoes in general OK for grip in bad weather?
    It's a matter of personal preference. I've tried the "streetshoe" style and found they're ok in dry conditions but not so good when it's wet underfoot.

I've found this company excellent to deal with and you'll be able to chat to someone online for some expert advice.

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/section/2013/1/ecco

It's a matter of personal preference. I've tried the "streetshoe" style and found they're ok in dry conditions but not so good when it's wet underfoot.

I've found this company excellent to deal with and you'll be able to chat to someone online for some expert advice.

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/section/2013/1/ecco
    Thanks GB, I appreciate your comments

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Tiger oot again!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Tiger oot again!!!!!
    Aye I'm wondering whether the bogeys resulted from the back injury or the back injury resulted from the bogeys.

I'm a nasty man.

Gamer IDs

Aye I'm wondering whether the bogeys resulted from the back injury or the back injury resulted from the bogeys.

I'm a nasty man.
    Definitely the latter
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Rory's on a charge again

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Rory's on a charge again
    Building up to a good finish. It sure beats the self congratulatory, back slapping coverage of the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Building up to a good finish. It sure beats the self congratulatory, back slapping coverage of the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony.
    Absolutely GB. I sometimes can't get excited with golf on TV outside the majors but thoroughly enjoyed that last night.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The nineteenth hole

Don't you just love it!

All that utter *rap from a few hours ago has suddenlt disappered and I'm a candidate for Ryder Cup selection once again.

Gamer IDs

Net 64 in a howling gale today. Still waiting to see how I've got on. Definite cut though

Was +3 today off scratch for my best round ever, everything went right including 2 chip ins from bunkers. Want to join a club now to see what my handicap would be as my scores have generally improved this year but they have ranged from 74-85-97 or even more at times

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I joined Herons reach Deveres Blackpool 3 weeks ago after 7 years of not being able to play due to illness. I was a 14 handicap then, but obviously nowhere near that now.

I put 3 cards in and have been playing 3 times a week. My handicap came back last week at a generous 25, and very happy i was with their decision.

Went out this morning and played the best i have played since picking up the clubs again. Shot an 82 giving me 53 points, never had the front to go in the clubhouse and pick up my winnings.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Was +3 today off scratch for my best round ever, everything went right including 2 chip ins from bunkers. Want to join a club now to see what my handicap would be as my scores have generally improved this year but they have ranged from 74-85-97 or even more at times
    Newbattle will take you. Tell the Captain I sent you. You might get a discount. :-) seriously thi tremendous greens year round.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I joined Herons reach Deveres Blackpool 3 weeks ago after 7 years of not being able to play due to illness. I was a 14 handicap then, but obviously nowhere near that now.

I put 3 cards in and have been playing 3 times a week. My handicap came back last week at a generous 25, and very happy i was with their decision.

Went out this morning and played the best i have played since picking up the clubs again. Shot an 82 giving me 53 points, never had the front to go in the clubhouse and pick up my winnings.
    Help ma boab - how much did you bribe the Handicap Convenor?

He was way over generous in giving you 25. From what you say, I wouldn't have allocated you any more than 17 but there again I always tend to err on the side of caution as it saves me from lot of grief frae the moaning Members.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Help ma boab - how much did you bribe the Handicap Convenor?

He was way over generous in giving you 25. From what you say, I wouldn't have allocated you any more than 17 but there again I always tend to err on the side of caution as it saves me from lot of grief frae the moaning Members.

Never bribed anyone, i had not played for 7 years and to be honest my first few rounds were woeful. The lowest i carded was 102, but my swing was coming back last week and those 3 cards had not been put in where i'd scored 36 37 and 35.

It all came together yesterday, but saying that it could all go south on Monday when i'm out next? Hopefully i should get down to around 18 in the next month or so by playing to that handicap regularly.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Well dusted the clubs off yesterday for my first round of the year. Was playing really well late into last year because I was playing so much. Not surprising i'm all over the place.