hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: golf 2014

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

golf 2014

May I be the first to say this year, I ****ing hate this game!! Until the weekend medal anyways. :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Played a few rounds this year, was up in Dornoch again the other week there and got the bug. Im a lapsed member of Kingsknowe been looking to join up again, enquired both there and Baberton, really surprised with the slow response from both of them here was me thinking clubs were crying out for members.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Well I had a cracking winter playing almost every week and it's definitely helped me as I played the best medal I've had in years.

Net 65 beaten into second by a single shot. Cut to 13.7 and hopefully that will continue to tumble through the season
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Looking forward to my season. Played a couple of medal rounds and hitting it decent without scoring. The odd cricket score in there hurting me but its coming. Bring on the season. Oh aye and I won my matchplay 1st round tie 6&5. The fella was due me a shot but I didn't need it as the game never got past stroke index 1
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-05-2014 at 02:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Struggling so far this season. My mind is telling me what do but my body is not allowing me to do it. I'm hoping a chiropractor will come with the answers as opposed to obtaining a lesson from a pro.

Scoring better than I am playing as the short game/putting has been strong.

But seriously lousy off the tee .. don't know what's gonna happen - can be right/left/high/low - really peeing me off!

Have entered all our singles - including my first Club Championship - and two balls (thankfully partner is big brother of Bradley Neil and aff +1 .. so he can play and more than make up for my shortcomings!)

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the lesson radge, unfortunately you have to hit greens for it to be of any value. ;)

Boom! Net 65 yesterday .. Won by 5 points in the monthly stableford. Big stick sorted after watching USPGA on SKY and taking on board a comment from Faldo (genius!)

Off to Auchterlonies, St Andrews and a local pro to look at new clubs today

92 on Saturday, 77 today starting with 6,7. Cannae figure it out :)
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 05-05-2014 at 08:15 PM.

First buffer of the season last Saturday, 75-4=71.

Still struggling with lower back/pelvic stiffness but no real pain thankfully. Now what other excuse can I come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    First buffer of the season last Saturday, 75-4=71.

Still struggling with lower back/pelvic stiffness but no real pain thankfully. Now what other excuse can I come up with?
    That's been my excuse lol. Had a bit of disc trouble, but felt really loose today, a wee bit sore, but nothing to cry about. I'll find out tomorrow I suppose :)

Missed buffer by 1 on Sunday with three doubles in there. It's not far away but seems a million miles at times. The whole of last season was the same.So many missed buffers by ones shot!!!!
    i had a game today wandering round by myself. When I hit the ruinous bad shot that was usually an approach to the green I would chuck another ball down and promptly Birdie the thing. Not happy to just bogey a hole I've got to have a double or triple.Bloody stupid game. One under from the 12th so just need to keep at it.

In Blackpool for a week in June, can anyone recommend some courses to play? I know about St. Annes but can't justify paying £180 for a round that I probably wouldn't enjoy as much as I should

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    In Blackpool for a week in June, can anyone recommend some courses to play? I know about St. Annes but can't justify paying £180 for a round that I probably wouldn't enjoy as much as I should
    You should find something here:-

http://www.teetimes.co.uk/golf-courses-in-lancashire

The Lancashire coast is a mecca for some truly great golf courses but some of the bigger named Clubs can be pricey.

Save up your cash between now and then and if you're wanting a recommendation then I'd particularly suggest Hillside.

Royal Birkdale is the best golf course I've played in the UK but I believe it's now quite difficult to make an advance booking.

Buffer today I think.

Played the wed flyer at Turnhouse yesterday with my lad and his pal. Kept trying to encourage them if they hit a bad shot as they were convinced they were going up .1 In the end they had nett 67 and 68 whilst I had a mare. Hard work worrying about 3 scores

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Blackpools council course is a very good course and well worth the money. The De Vere's is also quite good, and if you want to travel out a bit then Faihaven is a lovely course too, not far from St Annes. If you go to Preston there's a little course called Ingol that we have played a bit and i enjoyed it, plus Garstang is another pay as you play course and very good for a quite new track.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Blackpools council course is a very good course and well worth the money. The De Vere's is also quite good, and if you want to travel out a bit then Faihaven is a lovely course too, not far from St Annes. If you go to Preston there's a little course called Ingol that we have played a bit and i enjoyed it, plus Garstang is another pay as you play course and very good for a quite new track.
    Thanks for the tips.

On another note. OTJ, Nelson, McGirven and Collins were playing in front of me at Kings Acre today. Collins looked worse than me from what I saw!

Thanks for the tips.

On another note. OTJ, Nelson, McGirven and Collins were playing in front of me at Kings Acre today. Collins looked worse than me from what I saw!
    If you're good at football you're generally good at all ball sports, him being ***** at golf explains a lot. :)

4th buffer on the trot today. Bogey at 18 resulted in the utterance of a few bad sweerie words.

Complete and utter baws today. Just a procession of Bogies.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    With a 3 week old baby girl, the chances to play have been sparse, with just one medal round played a month ago. Have a summer singles tie this morning though, so looking forward to a game. With not one ball struck in 5 weeks, it remains to be seen how iI will get on, but will be good too get a hit either way!

Broomieknowe open today, never played there so looking forward to it. Hope the wind dies down!!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Very pleased with my game today in a summer singles tie. My opponent had 11 shots and was two up after three, but I managed to make inroads and eventually win the match 4&2. One birdie, one bogey and fourteen pars in the sixteen holes played, so very happy with that in the blustery conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Very pleased with my game today in a summer singles tie. My opponent had 11 shots and was two up after three, but I managed to make inroads and eventually win the match 4&2. One birdie, one bogey and fourteen pars in the sixteen holes played, so very happy with that in the blustery conditions.
    Don't you just hate guys with a slow rhythmatic swing not to mention natural ability. Well played Dave. Signed jealous bassa!

Buffer yesterday with a couple of doubles.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Team stableford last weekend won by yours truly with help from a few others.

Team score was 53 points (17 under)

One of our team is a 25 handicap and had a net albatross on the long par 4 12th

As you can imagine, he's a really popular guy just now
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Point 1 off on Wednesday. Should have been more but I elected to play a wrong ball from the 4th fairway even though I was using a personalised golf ball for the first time!

Eejit - two stroke penalty incurred ( needless to say the numbers 07 formed part of the golf ball personalisation!)

Managed buffer on Thursday in The Linlithgowshire seniors with 3 doubles en route. Finished tied 8th without the handicaps. Fairly small field to be fair. Seniors qualifying today at Harburn with 8 qualifiers off bare feet so not confident. Too many doubles and too few birdies just now. Getting auld. EDIT- Missed out by two shots. Double bogeyed 16. Didn't play well cant hit 4 greens in regulation and expect to score!!!! Buffer but disappointed.
    Last edited by greenlex; 24-05-2014 at 09:50 PM.