hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what Jim Mc Lean and Alex Ferguson would make of this?
    Or Eddie Turnbull?!?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Or Eddie Turnbull?!?!
    This push up thing is Malpas

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Malpas eh? I would never have guessed it. The swine is killing the club from within!!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    All joking aside, it surely has to be a concern if an ex-employee is raising the issue of bullying at the club, no?
    The press ups aren't bullying, but he might not have been referring to that alone as bullying.
    That said, if he genuinely feels that there is bullying then he should have raised it at board level rather than sniping with a spurious and ambiguous tweet.

My own opinion is that if they genuinely were bullies they would have been found out at ICT. I am more inclined to think that they are trying to demand higher standards and are using a bit of tough love to get there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    After ict beat us 2 nil at easter road in november with butcher in the stand and Malpas in their dugout, MM said after the game "we whip these players and that's how they respond" to describe their discipline and fitness. It may not be a method to everyone's taste but we all saw how effective it can be. If they can identify players in the summer who buy into and can cope with their ways then maybe Butcher and Malpas will have us playing fast, direct, effective football at the top end of the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    20 push ups

East Mains, A.K.A Pure Gym. Hope the players are being provided with individual protein shakes. If not, Petrie, Butcher and Malpas GTF

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Stir, stir, stir. It's relentless.
    Agree I think some people wont be happy until we are relegated and Rod is hanging from a tree somewhere.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Malpas eh? I would never have guessed it. The swine is killing the club from within!!!!
    Finally - finally - we know what Malpas was thinking about when he was looking into his teacup at HT on Sun. The ******, *******, **** was planning press-ups, and possibly other physical activities, for the week ahead. Shirley it's time to get the SSPF involved?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Or Eddie Turnbull?!?!
    Exactly. I'm thinking Jim Telfer might yet get the jail.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I think one day we'll erect a statue of Sir Maurice Malpas outside the west stand.

'Mon the Malpas. Whip these slackers into shape.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think people need to keep in mind that football management isn't like office management. Butcher and Malpas have to get the players to do what they're told and don't have the luxury of putting someone on a 6 month action plan to bring their performance levels up to scratch.
    They need to get a level of discipline quickly and though some may not agree with the methods they disagree froma position where their job isn't on the line if the players don't follow instructions.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Jeez! 20 press ups. East Mains sounds a lot like Guantanamo, maybe it's time we got Amnesty involved.

(Liegestützen macht Frei)

Are Liegestützen press-ups?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Ex-employee with patchy performance record (who did he scout for us?) has a dig on social media. I'm not bothered much.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Was going to tweet him and suggest he just **** off and leave us alone then I realised he already had.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Not sure why you would even be following him on Twitter unless he is a mate.........

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Not sure why you would even be following him on Twitter unless he is a mate.........
    Maybe he sees him as a potential mate?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    20 push ups is nothing. But a player should have the right to question something if they don't feel that it's benefiting them or the team, which appears to be the case at the moment.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Nobody on here, and I mean nobody will give a monkeys chuff if (a) we beat the drop and (b) are fitter, more skillful, more aggressive in the tackle, win games and compete next year.

So dry your eyes, ex scout and anyone else who is worried.

Utter nonsense thread, we are potentially doing down the tubes and people wringing their hands about guys who work 3 hours per day - if they are lucky?

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post

We all know that its Petries fault.

Its funny. Ex-employee comments on manager = disgruntled.
    ex-employee negative comment on Petrie = fact.

The truth will probably be somewhere inbetween and i guess we'll never truly know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    20 push ups is nothing. But a player should have the right to question something if they don't feel that it's benefiting them or the team, which appears to be the case at the moment.
    Rubbish. a player should shut up and do as he is told. Do you honestly think players questioned Ferguson, or Jose? There seems to be a mental idea that we are running a Co-Op at Easter Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubbish. a player should shut up and do as he is told. Do you honestly think players questioned Ferguson, or Jose? There seems to be a mental idea that we are running a Co-Op at Easter Rd.
    We don't have a Fergie or Jose though do we? We have a manager who is still in the process of learning the trade.

The players aren't exactly performing well at the moment and they may feel that the current training regime, isn't getting the best out of them.

Taking away a players right to ask questions is ridiculous. It's a game of football, not an army training camp.

Its not a game of football. Its a business and these players have contracts. Do you really think Terry is learning his trade?? He's been managing this trade for about 20 yrs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    I was playing seven a side at McDiarmid on Thursday with the FFIT (Fat) fans. Our coach Danny Griffin blew a whistle every few mins and we had to do squats, star jumps whatever. Son Cammy said his amateur coach does same when players miss shots in training.

Teaches us discipline. At pro level it reduces the amount of needless yellows for dissent.

Are you available for the game against Thistle, Gogs?

Maybe it's because they are asking questions that they aren't performing.

That said I've yet to see anything from you that would say you have any right to any kind of opinion on what it would take to help Hibs.

Its not a game of football. Its a business and these players have contracts. Do you really think Terry is learning his trade?? He's been managing this trade for about 20 yrs!
    His overall managerial record has been quite poor and it's easy to see why.

Getting your players to work hard is one thing, but respecting them is equally as important. With respect comes communication and understanding, which includes the right to ask questions.

Telling a player to keep their mouth shut and not to question anything is very bad for the game. Sometimes you have to ask questions to get the information you need, it's how people learn.

I believe that if we survive relegation TB and co will be able to recruit folk that can work to their philosophy, and if so, bonus, cause they will be the kind of tough nuts that win derbies and so on. But Im no longer surprised that with the current bunch we've gone on such a slump.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We don't have a Fergie or Jose though do we? We have a manager who is still in the process of learning the trade.

The players aren't exactly performing well at the moment and they may feel that the current training regime, isn't getting the best out of them.

Taking away a players right to ask questions is ridiculous. It's a game of football, not an army training camp.
    Ssh! We cannae have people asking sensible questions on here. Focus on the number of press ups.

Blog Entries
    Judging by his track record he is.

Not interested in anything this group of players have to say.
    Shape up or ship out, simple

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    His overall managerial record has been quite poor and it's easy to see why.

Getting your players to work hard is one thing, but respecting them is equally as important. With respect comes communication and understanding, which includes the right to ask questions.

Telling a player to keep their mouth shut and not to question anything is very bad for the game. Sometimes you have to ask questions to get the information you need, it's how people learn.
    You are suggesting the player in discussion was asking a question in the manner of trying to discover something. This is not what the tweeter was suggesting in my view. The "questioning" was in the order of "what the heck are we doing this for, it's bovine excrement?". Being ordered to do some hard training as an incentive to keep their trap shut and their focus on following the bosses direction during a training session with a large group is quite reasonable. Should any player have a suggestion which is in conflict with the training program of the day he should bring it up in a one to one with the manager or coach at the next opportunity.

Hopefully this type of management will get rid of players who are less willing to follow the coaches directions. Hibs have had years of players doing their own thing on the pitch and look where it got us. Making this bunch unhappy is a good way of emptying them.

I really hope TB and MM are measured on the results they get after getting rid of players and bringing in new ones. A more committed and willing squad of "can do" kind of personalities might get us back to winning ways.

As for this former Hibs chief scout, I doubt he could find a decent player at a Barcelona FC BBQ.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    You are suggesting the player in discussion was asking a question in the manner of trying to discover something. This is not what the tweeter was suggesting in my view. The "questioning" was in the order of "what the heck are we doing this for, it's bovine excrement?". Being ordered to do some hard training as an incentive to keep their trap shut and their focus on following the bosses direction during a training session with a large group is quite reasonable. Should any player have a suggestion which is in conflict with the training program of the day he should bring it up in a one to one with the manager or coach at the next opportunity.

Hopefully this type of management will get rid of players who are less willing to follow the coaches directions. Hibs have had years of players doing their own thing on the pitch and look where it got us. Making this bunch unhappy is a good way of emptying them.

I really hope TB and MM are measured on the results they get after getting rid of players and bringing in new ones. A more committed and willing squad of "can do" kind of personalities might get us back to winning ways.

As for this former Hibs chief scout, I doubt he could find a decent player at a Barcelona FC BBQ.
    Making your players do 20 push ups if they Question a decision in training is hardly the best way of improving your record of one win in 16
    Does it?