Thread: Collins

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    emptied in the summer.
    Not happening.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Thought it was a terrible miss at the time, just saw it again.

Oh my.

Feel sorry fir the guy, felt bad giving him stick afterwards outside as he did look upset, however the guys not good enough.

The guy couldn't find a net even if he was standing on centre court of Wimbledon.

He does try but how many chances has he squandered? Just not good enough.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Wouldn't look dangerous playing with an axe in his hand

[IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Thought it was a terrible miss at the time, just saw it again.

Oh my.
    I was in the FF upper and thought McDonald had saved it. Saw it on SSN when I got home and couldn't believe that he didn't even get a shot in.

What could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Wouldn't look dangerous playing with an axe in his hand
    pass that axe Eugene

@hibs.net private member
    Having now seen it on TV it is a terrible miss. He also had plenty time to do something with it. One of those things 9/10 you would get contact in that situation.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Having now seen it on TV it is a terrible miss. He also had plenty time to do something with it. One of those things 9/10 you would get contact in that situation.
    Shocking player, shocking striker - hence we are where we are. A montage of his gilt edged chances would be interesting to watch and to see how many pints we'd have gained had he been remotely decent !!

Coaching Staff
    Points, not pints 😀

It was a bit like that trick magicians do with three balls and three plastic cups except Collins got to pick two balls from three and he still didn't get the right one.

A miss like that one wasn't even a confidence issue. Misses due to lack of confidence tend to be snatching at half chances or blasting shots that should be placed etc.

Literally all he had to do was connect with the ball and he didn't. 9 times out of 10 he would but today, whether it was lack of concentration or what I don't know, he missed it. He has to be big enough to accept that he will get pelters for such a miss and pick himself up.

As a striker there is one surefire way to shut your critics up. We know it and he knows it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A miss like that one wasn't even a confidence issue. Misses due to lack of confidence tend to be snatching at half chances or blasting shots that should be placed etc.

Literally all he had to do was connect with the ball and he didn't. 9 times out of 10 he would but today, whether it was lack of concentration or what I don't know, he missed it. He has to be big enough to accept that he will get pelters for such a miss and pick himself up.

As a striker there is one surefire way to shut your critics up. We know it and he knows it.
    I would actually be happy just to see him peel off the defender and show for a pass, get in a position to run at the defence, take a snap shot, get in the six yard box, take a good first touch giving him space on the ball or win a header.

Any of the above would make me happy as he is doing none of them at the moment

Testimonial Due
    At the game, I thought he had missed a sitter but just watched the highlights and, to be fair, it wasn't that easy a chance. Sparky would probably have put it away, though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    At the game, I thought he had missed a sitter but just watched the highlights and, to be fair, it wasn't that easy a chance. Sparky would probably have put it away, though.
    I think if he made contact McDonald would have saved it. Nevin saying he had time to take it round the keeper is ludicrous there were three hearts players bearing down on him.

He still had a lot of time to connect.

Coaching Staff
    Sorry, how can folk keep defending him or offering excuse after excuse ? He's utterly useless - useless !

We slagged off Nade for gods sake - he's on a par with him.

Jason Cummings won more headers, took the ball in first touch, and ran at defenders and won more free kicks in 70 minutes than Collins could in 700 !!

Get rid, quickly, and do it summertime !! Please !!!

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Feel sorry fir the guy, felt bad giving him stick afterwards outside as he did look upset, however the guys not good enough.
    Was it a white one?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Shocking player, shocking striker - hence we are where we are. A montage of his gilt edged chances would be interesting to watch and to see how many pints we'd have gained had he been remotely decent !!
    And yet folk still defend him, poor poor striker.

Left by mutual consent!
    The abuse some hibs "fans" are giving him on Twitter is absolutely disgusting. What a way to get a guys confidence up, well done.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    The abuse some hibs "fans" are giving him on Twitter is absolutely disgusting. What a way to get a guys confidence up, well done.
    Footballers shouldn't be on Twitter - it's the nature of the beast. Scores goals, gets praise, doesn't he gets abuse. He doesn't score - stay off and delete Twitter !

Coaching Staff
    And he's gash so I don't really care - makes my blood boil that we paid money for him.

In the old days before T'internet and Twitter for Twats we would have been round his hoose tanning his windaes and putting doggy doo through his letterbox.

**** me!! That's about 4 absolute sitters he's missed. That's probably more difficult than the last one against hearts but he's now missed 3 against them in the last 3 games. Also seem to remember him missing an easy one against Motherwell away I think. He really is a poor footballer. That's not confidence it's just lack of coordination. Sorry James but you are not good enough for hibs.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    James always tries his best however, whether that is good enough is a matter of opinion.
    I personally don't think he is however, that said, playing as a lone striker week in week out is a big ask for any player.
    Not a big ask at all - that's nonsense. Look at the lad at Utd ? Or Sutton ?

Collins is unfit, he plays constantly with back to goal, and even in his cameo today he twice didn't anticipate a knock on when that huddy Nelson actually did something effective and won a header up front !

Collins is a really poor footballer - am I one of the few to see it and have done all season ? Those that say 'he gives effort' - Jesus Tam McCourt would give effort on a pitch !!

He was bought to score goals - in any formation, strikers have a natural instinct to score and create goals - he's mince mince mince mince !

No debate, no tweets, no arguments, he's crap !

Left by mutual consent!
    Not happening.
    Do you know something that suggests this is not happening?

I could maybe see a Clayton Donaldson type scenario here where clubs down south will be interested in Collins based on his time down there rather than anything he has done here and move from him in the summer. Would not be surprised if he goes down there and does well similar to what Donaldson has done.

Perhaps if we have not paid Swindon the full transfer fee he'll go back there instead of them getting the cash they are owed.

If we can cash in and break even or minimise loss then we should do but I may go against popular opinion here and say that if we're going to lose money by punting him (i.e. by having to pay him off) then we should maybe give him another season. Not as the no 1 striker (we'd need to sign someone in the summer better that JC for this) but as back up to see if he would improve without the pressure of being looked upon as the top striker. I have questioned Collins from the start and was indeed given pelters for saying that I was unconvinced early doors with him but think a lot of folk forget he is only 22.

It was a ridiculous decison from Fenlon to sign an untried and untested 22 year old for that kind of money and them throw him in as our main striker for the season. Seeing the way Sutton, Boyd and Rooney have performed this season makes it even worse as I belive these are all players we could have signed if we'd pushed for it just that wee bit more. All of them would not have cost a transfer fee for a start.

It was a terrible miss yesterday but he almost made it up for it with a good effort at the end, he needs to be encouraged not slaughtered by his own supporters.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I keep hearing there is a good player in there somewhere, well why the **** does he keep hiding? Two chances against Hearts that could have redeemed what has clearly been a shocking season by him, but he failed both times.

Set up perfectly by Watmore at tynecastle, and he blasts it over the bar. An easy chance yesterday to poke the ball into an empty net and he completely misses the ball. Puts to bed the myth if we create chances for him he will put them away.

He's a trier, but thats about it i'm afraid.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Do you know something that suggests this is not happening?

I could maybe see a Clayton Donaldson type scenario here where clubs down south will be interested in Collins based on his time down there rather than anything he has done here and move from him in the summer. Would not be surprised if he goes down there and does well similar to what Donaldson has done.

Perhaps if we have not paid Swindon the full transfer fee he'll go back there instead of them getting the cash they are owed.

If we can cash in and break even or minimise loss then we should do but I may go against popular opinion here and say that if we're going to lose money by punting him (i.e. by having to pay him off) then we should maybe give him another season. Not as the no 1 striker (we'd need to sign someone in the summer better that JC for this) but as back up to see if he would improve without the pressure of being looked upon as the top striker. I have questioned Collins from the start and was indeed given pelters for saying that I was unconvinced early doors with him but think a lot of folk forget he is only 22.

It was a ridiculous decison from Fenlon to sign an untried and untested 22 year old for that kind of money and them throw him in as our main striker for the season. Seeing the way Sutton, Boyd and Rooney have performed this season makes it even worse as I belive these are all players we could have signed if we'd pushed for it just that wee bit more. All of them would not have cost a transfer fee for a start.
    Collins wont be going anywhere, IMO. A guy who we paid money for and signed, what? A three year deal I think it was? We are stuck with him for next season anyway. Look at Billy McKay, he took about a season to start banging them in. The guy is low on confidence hence why he isn't scoring goals. I am not defending his miss yesterday, I was flabbergasted by it. As frustrating as he may be, we need to encourage the guy, not slag him off.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    pass that axe Eugene
    Plays more like Keith Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Footballers shouldn't be on Twitter - it's the nature of the beast. Scores goals, gets praise, doesn't he gets abuse. He doesn't score - stay off and delete Twitter !
    Hear hear!!