hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James McPake

John rankin said on tv a few weeks ago that mcpake was a big loss to the team,i guess he should know

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoever wears the green shirt on Sunday will get my 100% support that's all that matters.
    Correct. The one bonus to playing James would be that you know you have someone to whom playing for Hibs means a hell of a lot - which would make a change from what we've seen of late.

But he's been out for a very long time.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Was his last game the derby when he was rank rotten and sent off?

I wouldn't bring him back in.

If he's fit, in terms of injury, he has to play. He's our best centre half and match fitness will come in the next couple of games.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Always interesting to see how attitudes towards McPake fluctuate on here, especially around derbies. When he made the statement that we would never lie down to Hearts again after the first derby at ER in 2012-13, everyone was lapping it up.

A few months later, I remember being absolutely devastated when he was out injured for the 2013 Scottish cup 4th round against them at ER. As it turns out, Hanlon and McGivern did just fine, and we went through.

Fast forward to late last year, and the League Cup quarter final, and one of the most depressing moments in my Hibs supporting life - quite a statement I know. The absolute dogs abuse and horrendous insults that were fired at our club captain (someone whose signing was apparently the deciding factor in many buying their 2012-13 season tickets), was absolutely disgusting - yes he was at fault for the goal and got sent off, but no one deserved what he got, least of all a player who always made it clear just how much being Hibs captain meant to him.

And here we are again, with some wanting him brought straight back in. There's no doubt that a fully fit McPake can be a hugely positive influence on a team, we have seen it before in a team that was as much of a basket case as this one. Regardless, even fully fit he is still fallible, and given how fragile we are as a club at the moment, I think it's too big a risk.

It would be nice if walking off to that tirade of abuse that he suffered last year wasn't his last experience of Easter Road though.
    You've saved me a lengthy post.FWIW I have similar feelings about Nelson. He's 34 years old, slow & poor on the ball but he was brought in as a stop gap who would have been used sparingly if all our other CH's had not been injured most of the season. We can't turn him into a top class defender but I appreciate he gives 100% in every game & unlike some more gifted players does not hide.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I would love to see McPake return for Sunday.

Some people here seem to think Nelson is a good player cause he is 'no nonsense'. Sack that. He is just plain murder. Accepting below average players in defence(much like McGivern) is the reason out defence is terrible.

I get people may say the same applies to McPake and he isn't the answer but IMO he is a far better player than Nelson or McGivern. He at least had passion. He has also been playing with an injury most the season.

He probably will play a part between now and the end of the season. The worrying thing for me is that it will only probably give him the chance to let even more people realise how p**s poor he is.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I've really missed James Mcpake. Yes his form was poor for a long time prior to his operation, but please don't forget how many brilliant performances he's put in for us aswel! When he first joined he was a revelation. Remember the threads in the summer where we were all desperately refreshing the page to find out if he had signed or not? There was a reason we had all that clamour for him folks.

If this operation has been successful and like others have pointed out on the u20's thread, he's moving freely now, then we should be getting Mcpake back into that defence ASAP!

:jmcp: C'mon James, lead the troops!

First Team Breakthrough

Mcpake is a great player but suffered big time from playing with an injury. We seem to have a habit of knocking the stuffing out of decent players at the moment.

Always interesting to see how attitudes towards McPake fluctuate on here, especially around derbies. When he made the statement that we would never lie down to Hearts again after the first derby at ER in 2012-13, everyone was lapping it up.

A few months later, I remember being absolutely devastated when he was out injured for the 2013 Scottish cup 4th round against them at ER. As it turns out, Hanlon and McGivern did just fine, and we went through.

Fast forward to late last year, and the League Cup quarter final, and one of the most depressing moments in my Hibs supporting life - quite a statement I know. The absolute dogs abuse and horrendous insults that were fired at our club captain (someone whose signing was apparently the deciding factor in many buying their 2012-13 season tickets), was absolutely disgusting - yes he was at fault for the goal and got sent off, but no one deserved what he got, least of all a player who always made it clear just how much being Hibs captain meant to him.

And here we are again, with some wanting him brought straight back in. There's no doubt that a fully fit McPake can be a hugely positive influence on a team, we have seen it before in a team that was as much of a basket case as this one. Regardless, even fully fit he is still fallible, and given how fragile we are as a club at the moment, I think it's too big a risk.

It would be nice if walking off to that tirade of abuse that he suffered last year wasn't his last experience of Easter Road though.
    Shhh, far too sensible a post for the 2014.Net.

He's been plagued by injuries and isn't the finest footballer in the land but his heart played a bit part in keeping us up while he was on loan and we could certainly do with that again now.

I would have felt better if the u20's hadn't conceded 3 goals last night. Not often they do that.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    There's no chance I'd chuck him back in on Sunday. Surely can't be anywhere near ready to play first team football again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I would have felt better if the u20's hadn't conceded 3 goals last night. Not often they do that.
    Maybe cos they were pushing for goals to finish as high up the league as poss

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Thought the treatment Mcpake got from so called fans was a disgrace . Guy wore his heart on his sleeve and tried to play through injections what was a horrendous back problem . If the rest of our team had the same drive and will to win that JM has ,we would not be in this position in the first place. Sunday might just be too soon for him but you never know .

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Thought the treatment Mcpake got from so called fans was a disgrace . Guy wore his heart on his sleeve and tried to play through injections what was a horrendous back problem . If the rest of our team had the same drive and will to win that JM has ,we would not be in this position in the first place. Sunday might just be too soon for him but you never know .

Ggtth
    I agree
    Get him fit for the Partick game a week on Saturday, will hopefully get another under 20 game next week under his belt before then

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post

Ggtth
    I agree. McPake is a good guy and his injury record will be a lot worse for him than it is annoying for us. A bit of sympathy/empathy wouldn't go amiss.

First Team Breakthrough
    Forget about fitness. Bring him in with 5 minutes too go, snap Tattoo man or that little diving **** Walker (career ending) go down a hibs legend. Oh and we win 3-0.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    Forget about fitness. Bring him in with 5 minutes too go, snap Tattoo man or that little diving **** Walker (career ending) go down a hibs legend. Oh and we win 3-0.
    Classy, real classy.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Classy, real classy.

Would you rather he was sent off without making contact with the opposition player?(like the cup game) if you are going in like he did at least catch the opponent as you are off either way

Nelson is a carthorse, the worst CB in the SPL. Get him out the team for sunday and play mcpake(even if he's in a wheelchair).

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    The u20's physio is Kitty forrest. And yes she's not sore on the eye

Never mind McPake then, could we just get photos of this Forrest burd please
    Last edited by Keith_M; 23-04-2014 at 10:24 AM.

I would like to see a different option up front though and perhaps Mcpake would be the player to.do that how many wasted crossed balls have we had....he is particularly strong in the air? It's worth trying...

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I've really missed James Mcpake. Yes his form was poor for a long time prior to his operation, but please don't forget how many brilliant performances he's put in for us aswel! When he first joined he was a revelation. Remember the threads in the summer where we were all desperately refreshing the page to find out if he had signed or not? There was a reason we had all that clamour for him folks.

If this operation has been successful and like others have pointed out on the u20's thread, he's moving freely now, then we should be getting Mcpake back into that defence ASAP!

:jmcp: C'mon James, lead the troops!

Totally agree. ! C'mon Cap'n get yourself in there.
    Would love to see James in there on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Never mind McPake then, could we just get photos of this Forrest burd please
    You can find her in twitter