hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a shame we are such a spineless club, that we don't respond well to adversity.

Butcher's wonderful run of defeat after defeat, amazingly making a crap team absolutely horrendous - We appear to be on the way down and nobody seems able to change things - the players look like they chucked it weeks ago and we have no fight or ability (either could have helped).

We had a chance at the PBS a few weeks ago to lap up the relegation of the yams, by sending them down ourselves that day. That went well.
    Now the shoe is kind of on the other foot - Now watch them take full advantage, whilst we just roll over again.

No wonder everyone rips the club. It is soft top down and they all know it.
    Beating us this weekend will just about nicely finish off their season. Yes they've had a torrid time off the park, but the signs are that they are on the way back, (cue the, oh no they haven't really got away with it reminders.) They have got away with it and taking the high moral ground by throwing their behaviour in their faces won't wear with them. They're going to have to face a season in the Championship like us, but we won't give them any problems and the last time I looked over on FF they were keeching themselves at the prospect of having them in the same league. We've let ourselves down big time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don't class Dundee Utd as a big club
    I am wondering how you gauge 'big'.
    Not about to bash Hibs but United have delivered much more in my lifetime and, I think, yours.

League win
    Scottish cup wins
    League cup win
    European runs to semis and a final.
    Lots of good, home bred players.

As far as our FA goes they are a big club. Probably top 5.

I also think Dunfermmline, Dundee, Kilmarnock St Mirren and Mothereell, maybe Falkirk should be considered 'big'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    Recently in the media there seems to be almost a desperation for Hibs to be relegated alongside Hearts. The journos have their story written and seem to be foaming at the mouth regarding a competitive Scottish Championship next season.

The thing I've found slightly strange though is the reaction coming from other clubs in the the Scottish premiership.

• According to few Hearts pals, their game on Saturday involved both them and Ross County supporters singing about Hearts going "down with the Hibees".
    • St Mirren fans as well continued this theme with "down with the Jambos"
    • Aberdeen fans sang about Butcher being "a $***e Pat Fenlon"
    • And the St Mirren fans copied that song about Fenlon too

I know the club deserves stick because we have been performing abysmally but does anyone else find it weird about the clamour for Hibs to get relegated.
    Are we hated by other clubs more than we think?
    Or should we be flattered that rival fans think we are a quite a big club?

Perhaps Butcher could use this to create almost a siege mentality at the club for the final 4 games. I know that might be clutching at straws but its all I've got!!
    Man up for christ sake.
    Do you think for one minute it affects Rod Petrie?
    No, our glorious leader would have heard the taunts on Saturday
    but would have sat there smug in the knowledge that his great plan
    was almost over, having passed mediocre and now at the criminally inept
    stage, it would not be long before he had achieved his goal and HFC had
    gone the same way as Gretna.
    It has taken seven long years but at last he can see the time when he can
    rest from his labours and all the Hibs supporters will no longer have to leave
    ER early, angry and confused by another disgraceful performance, no longer
    worry about losing another football match to their greatest rivals, so their
    mental and physical health will improve as will their bank balances.
    So be thankful to the man and remain silent until his task is done.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyF View Post
    Hibs - as a club - deserve absolutely all the stick they've been getting. And more.
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    If we were to go down, and then storm the championship leaving The Rangers and Hearts in our wake, the Media would be all over us like a rash, because its a big story.
    You've gone into the realms of fantasy there Cpl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Beating us this weekend will just about nicely finish off their season. Yes they've had a torrid time off the park, but the signs are that they are on the way back, (cue the, oh no they haven't really got away with it reminders.) They have got away with it and taking the high moral ground by throwing their behaviour in their faces won't wear with them. They're going to have to face a season in the Championship like us, but we won't give them any problems and the last time I looked over on FF they were keeching themselves at the prospect of having them in the same league. We've let ourselves down big time.
    Away and bile yer heid.

I've actually been surprised at how much the media and other clubs' fans have underestimated the chances of Hibs being relegated, until now. There's been plenty discussion on how bad we are (which is fair) but the majority have just assumed we will somehow be OK. I had put this down to most not actually watching Hibs play and buying into the idea that we have a good squad that is performing within itself.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Its a pity not even this can spur on the players to perform.

All of the examples are nothing but football banter/wind ups. It's part of the same fan experience that Hibs fans engage in.

I'd recommend that people don't take it to heart.

We must take this as a back handed compliment.
    We are one of the big clubs (potentially the 3rd biggest in Scotland) and they all want to see us fail bigtime.
    Well it's us against the world now.But are we up for it?

I can take the banter and wind up's from my mates. That's what rivalry is about. What pisses me off is the media. Willie Miller, Chic Young, Preston, Tom English and the ****in rest of those so called experts desperate for hibs to be relegated. Telling us week after week how bad we are. WE ****ING KNOW!! Killie are pish, so are the rest of the bottom six but it's hibs they constantly batter from pillar to post. If you don't believe me have a wee listen. WHEN we beat the yams on Sunday they can all go and lie in there own pish.... Anyway, I'm tired after an 18hour shift yesterday, (can you tell?) Rant over...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I can take the banter and wind up's from my mates. That's what rivalry is about. What pisses me off is the media. Willie Miller, Chic Young, Preston, Tom English and the ****in rest of those so called experts desperate for hibs to be relegated. Telling us week after week how bad we are. WE ****ING KNOW!! Killie are pish, so are the rest of the bottom six but it's hibs they constantly batter from pillar to post. If you don't believe me have a wee listen. WHEN we beat the yams on Sunday they can all go and lie in there own pish.... Anyway, I'm tired after an 18hour shift yesterday, (can you tell?) Rant over...
    It's not hard to build up a neurosis about this institutionalised 'persecution' of Hibs but some of these hacks are way over the top. Some geezer last Sunday opened his report with "Hibs actually did rather well to hold on for the first 13 seconds till St Mirren opened the scoring........... "

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    It's a shame we are such a spineless club, that we don't respond well to adversity.

Butcher's wonderful run of defeat after defeat, amazingly making a crap team absolutely horrendous - We appear to be on the way down and nobody seems able to change things - the players look like they chucked it weeks ago and we have no fight or ability (either could have helped).

We had a chance at the PBS a few weeks ago to lap up the relegation of the yams, by sending them down ourselves that day. That went well.
    Now the shoe is kind of on the other foot - Now watch them take full advantage, whilst we just roll over again.

No wonder everyone rips the club. It is soft top down and they all know it.
    It's really annoying how predictable we are, basically whatever is the worst outcome is what will happen to Hibs, that's how it has always been in my lifetime. Can't even have a wee laugh at the jambos going down, no, we actually give them a little boost to go on a decent end of season run and then put ourselves in a relegation battle, only Hibs could do this to their long suffering fans.

I would be delighted with a draw on Sunday, sad times.

When Hibs fans were ripping hearts about administration, liquidation, all we heard from the jambo love in media was "real hibs supporters won't want hearts relegated or going out of business as we can't afford to lose another big team from the SPFL." Now we are struggling you have yam players in the press saying they would love to take us with them. And the sportsound crew now think this is great. As I said, fans are fans who give and take it. Pro players and journos having a laugh at every opportunity pisses me off. Maybe just the way I'm feeling today....

Maybe it's all part of the "Establishment" that the media are part of and alot of people go in about?
    Are Hibs an Anti-establishment club? Does it matter?
    It does seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    It's really annoying how predictable we are, basically whatever is the worst outcome is what will happen to Hibs, that's how it has always been in my lifetime. Can't even have a wee laugh at the jambos going down, no, we actually give them a little boost to go on a decent end of season run and then put ourselves in a relegation battle, only Hibs could do this to their long suffering fans.

I would be delighted with a draw on Sunday, sad times.
    Think that sentiment is shared by vast majority of Hibs fans. You wonder if Petrie and the Hibs Board understand this and/or think the same way. The complete silence and indifference to the horrendous experience of being Hibs fan this season and for the last few season just makes my blood boil.

I have no issue with the Yams, Sevco or any other club. The thing that does my dinger more than anything these days is the reaction of the Hibs Owner, Hibes Board and Hibs players.