hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Signings

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Rod won't fancy going head-to-head with Aberdeen so we can forget about Croft. Next.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rod won't fancy going head-to-head with Aberdeen so we can forget about Croft. Next.
    We probably wont get the next targer either, will have to settle for 5th choice as per!

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Assuming we stay up it will be fascinating to see if the way we sign players in the summer changes under TB.

Full preseason or waiting to scrape around the bargain bins?
    That will be something that is under scrutiny by fans and media alike .if Petrie is perceived as dragging negotiations and we miss out on top targets think T B s frustration will be clear for all to see .
    Really think the board need to show intent early on and I think they know this this time .if we avoid playoffs T B can use last few months performances to put pressure on board to deliver .if they don't and we are poor again next season board know it's rods head we want at AGM not another change in Manager .Is he going to risk another year of failure and falling attendances as if so he is putting future of club at risk as it's clear we are losing support at a rate that is damaging .
    Yes I will always go but if there isn't intent shown and an improvement in play and player motivation then even though I have a season ticket I will pick and choose games and if on TV will think twice before going and I am someone that likes to go as often as I can .

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Here's the Lee Croft article, us and the sheep after him apparently http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...trailing-Croft

Would take him, certainly impressed me last season at ER by scoring a beauty from outside the box IIRC.
    Saw him play against st mirren .my first impression was he was overweight and wondered if he had been out injured ,He started off at pace and showed flashes of skill that caused saints problems which is more than we did last Saturday .he stuck to his task out wide right and saw a lot of the ball and harried them .he actually upped work rate as game went on and put in lots of crosses into box ,was more effective than Wotherspoon that night although he also had a good game .
    But always dangerous to make judgement on one game .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    That will be something that is under scrutiny by fans and media alike .if Petrie is perceived as dragging negotiations and we miss out on top targets think T B s frustration will be clear for all to see .
    Really think the board need to show intent early on and I think they know this this time .if we avoid playoffs T B can use last few months performances to put pressure on board to deliver .if they don't and we are poor again next season board know it's rods head we want at AGM not another change in Manager .Is he going to risk another year of failure and falling attendances as if so he is putting future of club at risk as it's clear we are losing support at a rate that is damaging .
    Yes I will always go but if there isn't intent shown and an improvement in play and player motivation then even though I have a season ticket I will pick and choose games and if on TV will think twice before going and I am someone that likes to go as often as I can .
    Good analysis. Think TB will simply walk out of the club if Petrie does his usual bargain basement gig. TB could still walk away at that stage and blame everything on the mess that is Hibernian FC, Fenlon's Flops and Petrie's Penny-pinching. And the press will lap it up. They hate Hibs and Petrie and love Butcher.

Petrie really has no option here. If he still wants to remain in charge at ER, he has little option but to support TB. Despite his horrendous record, Butchers holds all the cards. Weird state of affairs !

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Good analysis. Think TB will simply walk out of the club if Petrie does his usual bargain basement gig. TB could still walk away at that stage and blame everything on the mess that is Hibernian FC, Fenlon's Flops and Petrie's Penny-pinching. And the press will lap it up. They hate Hibs and Petrie and love Butcher.

Petrie really has no option here. If he still wants to remain in charge at ER, he has little option but to support TB. Despite his horrendous record, Butchers holds all the cards. Weird state of affairs !
    Always will as long as Farmer's our owner

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    We probably wont get the next targer either, will have to settle for 5th choice as per!
    Goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I hope TB and the gang have had a few sneaky wee look at some of our lower league players (mainly you with one or two from me) Suggestions BMD.

Some no bad players in amongst that lot was there not!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I hope TB and the gang have had a few sneaky wee look at some of our lower league players (mainly you with one or two from me) Suggestions BMD.

Some no bad players in amongst that lot was there not!!
    Some fantastic players in there mate

Was hoping to see decent discussion about who we could sign.

Pish thread full of self loathing.

I agree with this . So far TB has had no flak from press and will blame everything on previous managers , players , club etc if things continue like now ( or we survive and continue in bottom 8 ( not 6 ) position playing rotten football ) . Petrie will blame previous managers too if necessary as he did with Yogi . Being optimistic ( though I have doubts it`s really good for us ) I suspect Petrie has kept transfer kitty for TB aside for summer though obviously present run may jeopardise that ( though playoff crowd could be big ) .

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    I don't think we are a million miles away from a good team, we just need to sign th quality experienced pro's in these positions:
    1. New GK / keep Ben if he wants to stay
    2. Right back
    3 & 4. Two central defenders
    5. Left back
    6. Right winger/right midfieder
    7. Central midfielder
    8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
    9. Left Winger/left midfielder
    10. Striker
    11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
    1. Murdoch
    2. Stanton
    3. Harris
    4. Cummings
    5. Forster
    6. Handling
    7. Hanlon
    8+ the under 20's that are good enough for first team

Move on the rest of the players. We need a good mix of youth and experience, the experienced players should be helping our young guns come through and making them better players, last few years we have relied on the young guns to get us out of trouble

Note: no idea who has the magic swag bag to buy us these experienced pro's!

Squad size could be reduced down to 18/20 first team players plus help from under 20 players if needed. We should try and go for quality rather than quantity
    Last edited by SouthamptonHibs; 24-04-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Saw him play against st mirren .my first impression was he was overweight and wondered if he had been out injured ,He started off at pace and showed flashes of skill that caused saints problems which is more than we did last Saturday .he stuck to his task out wide right and saw a lot of the ball and harried them .he actually upped work rate as game went on and put in lots of crosses into box ,was more effective than Wotherspoon that night although he also had a good game .
    But always dangerous to make judgement on one game .
    He does look overweight but he's a similar build to Gary Taylor-Fletcher at Leicester, just helped them gain promotion and seems fit as a fiddle despite his appearance so I wouldn't judge Croft on that.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    Was hoping to see decent discussion about who we could sign.

Pish thread full of self loathing.

meh.

TB Has already said he has never spent more than 5k on signing a player this fact probably was of great interest to Petrie when he was offered the job TB Has built good teams at ICT Working within a tight budget its Fenloans Duds that he is working with who he needs to ship out ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    I don't think we are a million miles away from a good team, we just need to sign th quality experienced pro's in these positions:
    2. Right back
    5. Left back
    7. Central midfielder
    8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
    10. Striker
    11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
    1. Murdoch
    2. Stanton
    3. Harris
    4. Cummings
    5. Forster
    6. Handling
    7. Hanlon

Move on the rest of the players. We need a good mix of youth and experience, the experienced players should be helping our young guns come through and making them better players, last few years we have relied on the young guns to get us out of trouble

Squad size could be reduced down to 18/20 first team players plus help from under 20 players if needed. We should try and go for quality rather than quantity
    Williams isn't staying and KT might have signed a precontract with United. Other than these two you're advocating signing a whole new team?

2. Right back
    5. Left back
    7. Central midfielder
    8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
    10. Striker
    11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
    1. Murdoch
    2. Stanton
    3. Harris
    4. Cummings
    5. Forster
    6. Handling
    7. Hanlon

I understand your frustration but .....................

Paul Hanlon is an excellent defender and I hope he's at the centre of our defence next year.

Like you - I'd also love to keep both Williams and Kevin Thomson - although it doesn't look like they'll be here. Fingers crossed though.

Robertson, Stanton, Craig, Harris, Forster, Cummings and possibly Handling are also of the quality we need IMO. Hopefully some of the U-20's can also make the step up. I'd also like to keep Lewis Stevenson as he is a useful player to have around and can play in various positions. I know not all have played well this year but i really feel that's down more to other factors discussed many times on this board.

Main priorities for me are two full-backs who have a bit of pace and can get forward, a centre back, at least one pacey wide player and at least one striker. If Williams leaves then a keeper too.
    Last edited by GreenOnions; 24-04-2014 at 12:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
    I do 'to think he has. You might be getting him mixed up with his strike partner Greig Stewart who has signed for Dundee. Hemmings still at Cowdenbeath as far as I'm aware.
    I'm not getting him mixed up. As well as Stewart, Hemmings has agreed to sign for Dundee too.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    2. Right back
    5. Left back
    7. Central midfielder
    8. Kevin Thomson (CM)
    10. Striker
    11. Striker

Subs/remaining squad
    1. Murdoch
    2. Stanton
    3. Harris
    4. Cummings
    5. Forster
    6. Handling
    7. Hanlon

Out of the current squad Thomson is the only one you'd keep as a starter, yet you'd punt Robertson who was probably our player of the year before injury?

Cardle , higgenbotham and lyle taylor if hes looking for a new club

Quote Originally Posted by michael_wilson1 View Post
    Would welcome all the above,

Quote Originally Posted by michael_wilson1 View Post
    Would take higgingbottom
    Not take cardle
    Not convinced on Taylor, seems to get in really good positions but miss some sitters. Saying that he does score more than any of out strikers!

Would add Taylor sinclair
    Fraser fyvie
    Danny Swanson
    Billy McKay

To our list

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Would take higgingbottom Not take cardle Not convinced on Taylor, seems to get in really good positions but miss some sitters. Saying that he does score more than any of out strikers! Would add Taylor sinclair Fraser fyvie Danny Swanson Billy McKay To our list
    Don't think Cardle is good enough IMHO.

I would live us to sign Jamie Murphy however since his upturn in form I just can't see Sheff Utd wanting rid.

I think we may add two possibly 3 from SPFL but I reckon the rest will be from the lower leagues or development teams fron down south!!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Don't think Cardle is good enough IMHO.

I would live us to sign Jamie Murphy however since his upturn in form I just can't see Sheff Utd wanting rid.

I think we may add two possibly 3 from SPFL but I reckon the rest will be from the lower leagues or development teams fron down south!!
    I thought cardle was good against us for raith and think it was him that was good against the rangers in the ramsdens cup.

Anyway, pointless discussion if we've no actually been linked with him. Same with all the suggested signings, unless butcher and his scouts are reading these boards then totally pointless discussing them signing.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I thought cardle was good against us for raith and think it was him that was good against the rangers in the ramsdens cup. Anyway, pointless discussion if we've no actually been linked with him. Same with all the suggested signings, unless butcher and his scouts are reading these boards then totally pointless discussing them signing.
    Cardle isn't consistent enough for me. I think it's good to get other folks thoughts on players though Bingo. Sure there will be plenty discussion when we do sign players?? (Especially ones that are not that well known) ;-)

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Cardle isn't consistent enough for me. I think it's good to get other folks thoughts on players though Bingo. Sure there will be plenty discussion when we do sign players?? (Especially ones that are not that well known) ;-)
    Sorry, it's a grump i have every season. "What about....." then queue big debate with folk moaning about this player we were never even bloody interested in to begin with!

Tbh im just a bit bored the now so having a moan to kill time, when folk start threads suggesting signing players that REALLY gets on my tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    He does look overweight but he's a similar build to Gary Taylor-Fletcher at Leicester, just helped them gain promotion and seems fit as a fiddle despite his appearance so I wouldn't judge Croft on that.
    Agree he was deceptive in that respect and had good engine and stamina as game progressed

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sorry, it's a grump i have every season. "What about....." then queue big debate with folk moaning about this player we were never even bloody interested in to begin with! Tbh im just a bit bored the now so having a moan to kill time, when folk start threads suggesting signing players that REALLY gets on my tits.
    Nowt to be sorry about Bingo. It'll never change tbh so hopefully you've got yur moaning jacket and baffles at the ready!!! O and loads of time to kill!!!! ;-)

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    People can forget about signing Billy McKay. He will
    Go to the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    People can forget about signing Billy McKay. He will Go to the championship
    So the Yams or Huns are signing him???? ;-)

(I'll get ma coat) ;-)