hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Summer Signings

I love to see home grown talent make it. But I'm afraid to say that if Handling and especially Caldwell are seen by Hibs to be worth new deals the future is bleak ...... neither player has done anything to show they have a long term future at Easter Road.

If in the opinion of Hibs both these players have reached the standard required to be regular first team players in anything like the near future it is a damning indictment of the fall in standards at Easter Road. With that attitude its only a matter of time before we are relegated ...... in the hope that it doesn't happen in the next 6 days of course.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NAE BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love to see home grown talent make it. But I'm afraid to say that if Handling and especially Caldwell are seen by Hibs to be worth new deals the future is bleak ...... neither player has done anything to show they have a long term future at Easter Road.

If in the opinion of Hibs both these players have reached the standard required to be regular first team players in anything like the near future it is a damning indictment of the fall in standards at Easter Road. With that attitude its only a matter of time before we are relegated ...... in the hope that it doesn't happen in the next 6 days of course.
    Sadly I have to agree with you. Caldwell in particular is somebody I would have hoped Hibs would be trying to move on. I do think Handling has ability, but I wouldn't have offered him a two year deal (if that's actually what's been offered).

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    So if true haudit and daudit think Handling and Caldwell are worth new deals but by all accounts KT won't be getting one ? Just when I thought these two jokers in charge of us couldn't get it any more wrong they manage to surprise me.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    amazed at extension deals for handling and caldwell, i utterly despair at the lack of quality at ER nowadays...lessons have not been learnt, hopefully we win *next seasons play-off final as well

* we will win this seasons play-off

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    So if true haudit and daudit think Handling and Caldwell are worth new deals but by all accounts KT won't be getting one ? Just when I thought these two jokers in charge of us couldn't get it any more wrong they manage to surprise me.
    Butcher told Thomson he wasn't in his plans a while back and told him game time would be limited if he stayed at Hibs, so if he wanted to move on Hibs wouldn't stand in his way, he stayed and has had a couple of good games but got injured again, i doubt Butcher has changed his mind about the situation.

Butcher wants his players to be able to last the season, Thomson doesn't fit in to that with him being a tad injury prone.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post
    Caldwell was back training with 1st team yesterday.

Handling - needs to step it up. 2 years is generous.

Horribine - not been offered anything yet - TB keeping some of the younger players waiting.

Any word on Booth? Out of contract ? Would take him back.
    Caldwell has been back training with the first team for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Butcher told Thomson he wasn't in his plans a while back and told him game time would be limited if he stayed at Hibs, so if he wanted to move on Hibs wouldn't stand in his way, he stayed and has had a couple of good games but got injured again, i doubt Butcher has changed his mind about the situation.

Butcher wants his players to be able to last the season, Thomson doesn't fit in to that with him being a tad injury prone.
    Thomo wants his gaffers to last a season!

Left by mutual consent!

A finish team wanted Thomson in Jan (managed by an ex hibs striker) Butcher then had a long talk with Thomson and told him that he was the best player in the squad and that he wanted him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    A finish team wanted Thomson in Jan (managed by an ex hibs striker) Butcher then had a long talk with Thomson and told him that he was the best player in the squad and that he wanted him to stay.
    Which striker? Is Mixu not the manager of the national team there? Or is it someone different?

When did Butcher have this talk with Thomson? As it's alleged he told Thomson his services were not required and was free to leave in January. I'm assuming this conversation couldn't have been back then and would've been fairly recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

Butcher has said a lot of things Silver that he has subsequently done a u turn on, it's got to the stage for me that he has very little credibility. Had KT been selected more often I have no doubt he would have had more than a couple of good games, the ones he has played in recently he has been our best player and is arguably the best player we have IMO. Injury prone or not I find it amazing that TB does not think he merits a new contract and is supposedly offering both Handling and Caldwell new deals when neither have shown they offer anything, again IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    When did Butcher have this talk with Thomson? As it's alleged he told Thomson his services were not required and was free to leave in January. I'm assuming this conversation couldn't have been back then and would've been fairly recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    January when the Finnish team came in for him. As far as I know, Butcher has never told KT his services are no longer required.

Butcher sat him down, went over a few things and told him he wants him here and that he is the best player we have. Hence why he didn't leave.
    Last edited by BOB MARLEYS DUG; 20-05-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Which striker? Is Mixu not the manager of the national team there? Or is it someone different?
    Shefki Kuqi.

January when the Finnish team came in for him. As far as I know, Butcher has never told KT his services are no longer required.

Butcher sat him down, went over a few things and told him he wants him here and that he is the best player we have. Hence why he didn't leave.
    So he told him this in January but didn't start playing him until April?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis_1875 View Post
    So he told him this in January but didn't start playing him until April?
    He was injured for a bit then got fit and just wasn't getting a game.

So, on here, plenty of people didn't believe that Thomson was injured in the first place and that Butcher just made the whole thing up. A lot of people also seemed to think that Thomson had a falling out with Butcher quite near the start of Butcher's tenure hence why Butcher didn't play him cos he was still sulking at him. Now, seemingly, Butcher and Thomson have sat down and had a cup of char together and Butcher's reassured him that he is the best player etc. So despite the fact that Thomson is injury prone, and has been for years, in this case Butcher just made it all up cos he was in the huff with him. Unless somebody comes on here and quotes the source(s) they got all this amazing information, I find it hard to believe any of it.

No it wasn't January it was March I think it was as their window was still open. The latter part if your post is right, how do I know this.....cause I told you about it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    No it wasn't January it was March I think it was as their window was still open. The latter part if your post is right, how do I know this.....cause I told you about it
    I was told of someone else mate. You may have told me something rather similar though.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    So, on here, plenty of people didn't believe that Thomson was injured in the first place and that Butcher just made the whole thing up. A lot of people also seemed to think that Thomson had a falling out with Butcher quite near the start of Butcher's tenure hence why Butcher didn't play him cos he was still sulking at him. Now, seemingly, Butcher and Thomson have sat down and had a cup of char together and Butcher's reassured him that he is the best player etc. So despite the fact that Thomson is injury prone, and has been for years, in this case Butcher just made it all up cos he was in the huff with him. Unless somebody comes on here and quotes the source(s) they got all this amazing information, I find it hard to believe any of it.
    They never had a fall out, butcher came in and wanted to stamp his authority on the players and used Thomson as a bit of an example given he was the biggest name in the changing room and all the players respect him. I suspect he wanted a bit of a reaction from players thinking **** me if he can do that to him he must mean business, which as we know hasn't worked out that way.

its all going to be immaterial after Sunday anyway as both will part ways and move on.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Butcher and thommo never fell out but he did with Malpas and he was told he can go

They never had a fall out, butcher came in and wanted to stamp his authority on the players and used Thomson as a bit of an example given he was the biggest name in the changing room and all the players respect him. I suspect he wanted a bit of a reaction from players thinking **** me if he can do that to him he must mean business, which as we know hasn't worked out that way.

its all going to be immaterial after Sunday anyway as both will part ways and move on.
    Thomo and Butcher will move on?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    One of them, or both of them

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Thomo and Butcher will move on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    One of them, or both of them
    just the one of them as it stands but playoff results could change that, don't think it will though.

This whole thing makes me so angry. Snubbing our best player,someone who cares about the club and even played for free is ridiculous. Realising with a couple of games to go that he actually is our best player is even worse.

It's actually verging on incompetence. I only hope both can sort this out as we need KT as our captain next season.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This whole thing makes me so angry. Snubbing our best player,someone who cares about the club and even played for free is ridiculous. Realising with a couple of games to go that he actually is our best player is even worse.

It's actually verging on incompetence. I only hope both can sort this out as we need KT as our captain next season.
    Been offered the captaincy elsewhere next season, like you I'd love him to stay but doesn't look like it.

@hibs.net private member
    Been offered the captaincy elsewhere next season, like you I'd love him to stay but doesn't look like it.
    As long as it ain't at *********** 😏

Would love him to stay and lead us next season but just can't see it happening unfortunately

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    As long as it ain't at *********** dde0f Would love him to stay and lead us next season but just can't see it happening unfortunately
    Ok Admin that reads tynie

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Dundee, see they just released there captain.

Dundee, see they just released there captain.
    Who was their captain? Seen that that cardle had signed for Ross County, decent signing IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Get Hemmings in for starters, scored plenty in that league.