hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

who would invest? new chairman?

who would invest in hibs if Petrie and STF were gone? Who could be the new chairman?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who would invest in hibs if Petrie and STF were gone? Who could be the new chairman?

Andy Murray could buy us, and his mum could become chairwomen.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Actually got carried away abit there thinking about what that would really be like. It would be brilliant!

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Irvine Welsh..chief executive
    Proclaimers..directors of football
    Kirsty Gallagher....Manager...well why not????

@hibs.net private member
    He could. He wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    well i think she d play 2 upfront and have a fantastic chance of scoring most weeks

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    We need Andy's mum as the manager. She would scare the **** out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    well i think she d play 2 upfront and have a fantastic chance of scoring most weeks
    good gracious, does she support Hibs? Im renewing...

It does not need a multi millionaire. The club already has a very competitive wage bill by SPL standards. Its also a sefl substainable business that pretty much runs itself. What it needs is an owner or chairman that knows about football. Someone with drive and the attitude to succeed. I bet Farmer ran all his other business adventures very well, so why not Hibs? It does not matter if you own a football club, an airline company or an ice cream van, you still have to run it to the best of your ability to strive for success. Farmer does not do that with Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Irvine Welsh..chief executive
    Proclaimers..directors of football
    This gets my vote,Dougray Scott as well

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    It does not need a multi millionaire. The club already has a very competitive wage bill by SPL standards. Its also a sefl substainable business that pretty much runs itself. What it needs is an owner or chairman that knows about football. Someone with drive and the attitude to succeed. I bet Farmer ran all his other business adventures very well, so why not Hibs? It does not matter if you own a football club, an airline company or an ice cream van, you still have to run it to the best of your ability to strive for success. Farmer does not do that with Hibs.
    The problem with Farmer is in all his other businesses "success" is judged by the books, making a profit? Successful business.

Football clubs are different all together

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    The problem with Farmer is in all his other businesses "success" is judged by the books, making a profit? Successful business.

Football clubs are different all together
    Yet the most successful football club (in a football sense anyway) is Scottish.

Hibs have been lacking drive, ambition, and leadership (both on and off the pitch) for years. It would not go amiss though if whoever was to take ownership of the club was minted and prepared to invest heavily in the playing squad. Can only dream.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

One of us if we win the Euro Millions, I can't think of anyone else daft enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    One of us if we win the Euro Millions, I can't think of anyone else daft enough.
    Even then it would probably require a subsidy of around £15m - £20m per season to achieve some sort of parity with Celtic (OF?). Wouldn't last long.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Even then it would probably require a subsidy of around £15m - £20m per season to achieve some sort of parity with Celtic (OF?). Wouldn't last long.
    Not bothered about parity with old firm, parity on the pitch with the top 6 would do!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    True, I always thought a random billionaire or even millionaire would give a Scottish team a punt mainly due to the fact at the moment, they could pump in about 3- 5 million on decent players, challenge for the league, qualify for champions league/europa league on regular basis and get idolisation - On top of that, if they owned a company, they could splatter it on the team's shirts, stadium and so on...

Why they bother pumping billions into English football when they have a much cheaper alternative in Scotland is beyond me...Did they suddenly forget how to be stingy?

If Rangers (and Hearts) can't find anyone with money to take control, then we can't really expect to either.

But, we don't really need much investment (in theory)...just look at Motherwell, Inverness etc.

If we did bring in a new chairman with 'Ambition' and 'Drive' (and no money)...it's difficult to see how 'ambition' and 'drive' would necessarily translate into results. There's no reason to expect that we'd perform (on average) any better than we have done over the past 15 years.

Why they bother pumping billions into English football when they have a much cheaper alternative in Scotland is beyond me...Did they suddenly forget how to be stingy?
    Imo i think its down to returns.If as you said someone pumped 3-5million in us, they would see little returns whilst, if they pumped say £200million into an epl team, they d prob be getting a 1/4 return for the first season alone,if the team got into europe,more returns, and i guess if they did the shirts n stuff with there own company, more tv exposer and stuff(money there too?)

True, I always thought a random billionaire or even millionaire would give a Scottish team a punt mainly due to the fact at the moment, they could pump in about 3- 5 million on decent players, challenge for the league, qualify for champions league/europa league on regular basis and get idolisation - On top of that, if they owned a company, they could splatter it on the team's shirts, stadium and so on...

Do you think 3m-5m would let a team challenge for the league? Is that per season or overall?

I heard a rumour at the weekend about a consortium taking over from Farmer, announcement supposed to be in a fortnight, could be all pish, but anyone else heard similar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If Rangers (and Hearts) can't find anyone with money to take control, then we can't really expect to either.

But, we don't really need much investment (in theory)...just look at Motherwell, Inverness etc.

If we did bring in a new chairman with 'Ambition' and 'Drive' (and no money)...it's difficult to see how 'ambition' and 'drive' would necessarily translate into results. There's no reason to expect that we'd perform (on average) any better than we have done over the past 15 years.
    Well, no "ambition" and no "drive" is translating into flirting with relegation almost every downright awful season, and an absolutely p*** poor team letting us down week after week. A change of ownership and direction for our club is desperately needed. Surely it can't get any worse? Or are we all happy with things as they are? It goes without saying that the custodians of the club must be very careful were a change of ownership ever to be proposed. Just look at HOMFC(IA).

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    If I was to win the Euromillions I would be taking over and we would be champions

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    If i was to win euro millions i would pay for the heli-pad at ER.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    If I won the euro millions I'd watch hibs from a great distance prob Cyprus or USA

Somebody made a great point on (I think) The The Rangers meltdown thread regarding the definition of "investment" as being someone who puts money in in order to regain that money + a profit.

Is that REALLY what we need? The huns got that and look at the state they're in with a succession of odious characters helping themselves to dosh ploughed into that club by the fans.

It would certainly be nice if some rich weirdo decided they were going to fire the fruits of their labours into Hibs for no return, or some clown won the lottery and decided that Hibs were the best way to dispose of their income. But lets face it, it's not going to happen. We certainly don't want any "London investor" types sticking in to get their "investment plus profit" back. Where would the profit come from in the Scottish game? David Rowland anyone?

The problem at Hibs isn't (and never has been) about the money that we've not spent. It's about what we have spent and how it's been spent. Unfortunately we have pissed away the finest "head-start" we could ever hope to achieve during the era without Rangers and Hearts in the top flight with the financial situation we managed to create after selling off the "golden generation". And then flogging all income gained from the extra season tickets sold and the revenue gained through the cup runs in the past 2 years.

Nah, we have to live within our means and start first of all by competing on the park with clubs like Motherwell and St Johnstone who in spite of having significantly less resources than us have managed to repeatedly rebuild their teams (and management teams) and keep them in the higher echelons of the SPFL. That means backing managers through rough patches, letting them sign their first-choice signings and not blaming them when things go wrong, punting them and going through the expensive cycle of paying off successive management teams and the players they sign.

We don't want any of the cash we as fans put in disappearing into the pockets of "investors".

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Somebody made a great point on (I think) The The Rangers meltdown thread regarding the definition of "investment" as being someone who puts money in in order to regain that money + a profit.

Is that REALLY what we need? The huns got that and look at the state they're in with a succession of odious characters helping themselves to dosh ploughed into that club by the fans.

It would certainly be nice if some rich weirdo decided they were going to fire the fruits of their labours into Hibs for no return, or some clown won the lottery and decided that Hibs were the best way to dispose of their income. But lets face it, it's not going to happen. We certainly don't want any "London investor" types sticking in to get their "investment plus profit" back. Where would the profit come from in the Scottish game? David Rowland anyone?

The problem at Hibs isn't (and never has been) about the money that we've not spent. It's about what we have spent and how it's been spent. Unfortunately we have pissed away the finest "head-start" we could ever hope to achieve during the era without Rangers and Hearts in the top flight with the financial situation we managed to create after selling off the "golden generation". And then flogging all income gained from the extra season tickets sold and the revenue gained through the cup runs in the past 2 years.

Nah, we have to live within our means and start first of all by competing on the park with clubs like Motherwell and St Johnstone who in spite of having significantly less resources than us have managed to repeatedly rebuild their teams (and management teams) and keep them in the higher echelons of the SPFL. That means backing managers through rough patches, letting them sign their first-choice signings and not blaming them when things go wrong, punting them and going through the expensive cycle of paying off successive management teams and the players they sign.

We don't want any of the cash we as fans put in disappearing into the pockets of "investors".
    Good post but the question then is why haven't we been able to do what Motherwell and st Johnstone have done.There has to be a reason and the board don't seem to have been able to work that out and change it ,hence we are making it easier for them to be top six teams while we are bottom six .
    Something has to change

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I wonder if there are many billionaires who would spend £5m so that some people they've never met might like them?

I doubt that the prospect of being idolised by strangers would motivate many people to do anything, never mind throw their money at an ailing Scottish Football team.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I wonder if there are many billionaires who would spend £5m so that some people they've never met might like them?

I doubt that the prospect of being idolised by strangers would motivate many people to do anything, never mind throw their money at an ailing Scottish Football team.

There's a reason they are billionaires in the first place.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    If you are not a multi millionaire how are you going to buy out STF and RP. I'm sure last year the net assets of Hibs were £13.5M so its hard to see the owners giving that away for nothing. Can any of you financial guys put a value on Hibs as a trading business?