hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

I am very worried

We should be playing better!
    I have been backing Terry/Maurice all the way, why are they not doing better?
    Black eyes and booted arse's must be included in the next team talk!
    Play off/Relegation is unthinkable!

I expected a lot more from Butcher, as did we all.

I have been as guilty as the next man saying let's see what Terry does next year.

It is time for Terry/Maurice et al to stand up and be counted this year, and keep us in the Premiership.

Anything less is an abject failure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by VPHIBEE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I have been as guilty as the next man saying let's see what Terry does next year.

It is time for Terry/Maurice et al to stand up and be counted this year, and keep us in the Premiership.

abject failure is not paying your debt's

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
    We can all delude ourselves with the Jambo's demise, but is time we all woke up and smelled the coffee!

We can all delude ourselves with the Jambo's demise, but is time we all woke up and smelled the coffee!
    I do know the smell of coffee .
    The death of Homofc will happen

The way things are going, we'll be in the same league as them next season, but unlike them, we will be in debt.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    The way things are going, we'll be in the same league as them next season, but unlike them, we will be in debt.
    How will they not be in debt?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Yeah and that will make our situation so much better. Small minded attitude I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Yeah and that will make our situation so much better. Small minded attitude I'm afraid.
    Crazy isn't it. Hearts are still going to die so that means we're OK.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Nah... it's lack of capitals and appropriate apostrophes.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    They will be in debt.

Some folks obsession with them is unreal. **** them and **** what they done. It's finished in my eyes and it's about time we pulled our own heads out the sand and started to see the mess we're in. Even if we don't go into the play offs some real issues must be addressed.

@hibs.net private member

Totally agree that going down would be an abject failure - FWIW I think we'll stay up but they are not half making us sweat about it. I hope my optimism is not unwarranted, regardless I think we'll all be glad when this season is consigned to the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Some folks obsession with them is unreal. **** them and **** what they done. It's finished in my eyes and it's about time we pulled our own heads out the sand and started to see the mess we're in. Even if we don't go into the play offs some real issues must be addressed.
    Thought we had addressed the big issue and you are starting match day thread against hearts and everything else will be Hunky Dory after that
    Let's wait and see what happens when we know what league we are going to be in .Dont think the Board or should I say Rod Petrie will want to make any formal statement at present as he will just be prying we don't end up in play offs .
    But agree when we need to hear assurances from Rod what they are doing to support TB re transfers and assurances he isn't going to drag contract talks to point we loose out we need some key players in early .i would assume season ticket sales aren't that great so if we don't get some form of statement backed up by early signings speculation will start and T B will get frustrated and Ticket Sales won't gather pace .
    This next window is Critical .Get it wrong and another Season in bottom six without Sevco and Hearts would be final draw for even more folk on here .
    I can remember the last time we went down and didn't come straight up and it was a nightmare .some games away from home like Ayr United there were barely a few hundred hibs fans there to watch the team .But I still see some of those same faces at games today .Die Hards stick with the Team but I wouldn't want to go back to those dark days .

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Totally agree that going down would be an abject failure - FWIW I think we'll stay up but they are not half making us sweat about it. I hope my optimism is not unwarranted, regardless I think we'll all be glad when this season is consigned to the history books.
    Again! We seem tae keep having tae say that before the end of every season along with another 400 quid doon the pan.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 22-04-2014 at 08:12 PM.

At the moment we seem to have the cart before the horse, If YOU buy a ST we will buy players. I believe the RP STF and GL are all responsible. They must buy players that get the Hibs fans excited simple or ER will be a ghost town next season.

TB and MM have to be given the Summer like me am sure they just want this season finished. I hope that they are allowed to buy players THEY want and improve our situation.

TB has done himself no favours with our team telling them they are rubbish etc that should be done in private.

I hope to hell we beat this lot on Saturday as I believe 3 points will be enough to keep us up but i don't see a win anywhere but football is a funny game.

Nobody sniffing?

I am worried too - about the amount of threads there are on this same subject. Why on earth start a new one? Aren't there enough for you to join in with?

EZ

Left by mutual consent!

Whoose going to kick butchers arse for hoofball tactics, rubbish subs during games and not adjusting tactics during games when plan a not working

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Thought we had addressed the big issue and you are starting match day thread against hearts and everything else will be Hunky Dory after that
    Let's wait and see what happens when we know what league we are going to be in .Dont think the Board or should I say Rod Petrie will want to make any formal statement at present as he will just be prying we don't end up in play offs .
    But agree when we need to hear assurances from Rod what they are doing to support TB re transfers and assurances he isn't going to drag contract talks to point we loose out we need some key players in early .i would assume season ticket sales aren't that great so if we don't get some form of statement backed up by early signings speculation will start and T B will get frustrated and Ticket Sales won't gather pace .
    This next window is Critical .Get it wrong and another Season in bottom six without Sevco and Hearts would be final draw for even more folk on here .
    I can remember the last time we went down and didn't come straight up and it was a nightmare .some games away from home like Ayr United there were barely a few hundred hibs fans there to watch the team .But I still see some of those same faces at games today .Die Hards stick with the Team but I wouldn't want to go back to those dark days .
    Wish everything was hunky dory mate. Good to hear you still see the same faces though. Many have given up on Hibs and can't blame them. It's hard to watch them these days! A win on Sunday will left the pressure and maybe we can look further to next season knowing what league we will be in.

Like you said we don't want to end up down there again.

I thought we had always come straight back up? Agree with the rest though.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    when was it we went down and didnt come straight back up, i can remember two relegation's in my life time , so when was this other one playing in front off a few hundred spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    I thought we had always come straight back up? Agree with the rest though.
    I was a student then so going back 30 odd years so maybe it just seemed like more than one season in lower league Remember a cup reply against Dunfermline and was gutted we didn't win it and remember thinking it was going to be difficult to get back up .but my memory isn't the most reliable

This next window is Critical .Get it wrong and another Season in bottom six without Sevco and Hearts would be final draw for even ,more folk on here .
    I can remember the last time we went down and didn't come straight up and it was a nightmare .some games away from home like Ayr United there were barely a few nundred hibs fans there to watch the team .But I still see some of those same faces at games today .Die Hards stick with the Team but I wouldn't want to go back to those dark days .
    must have been in a parallel universe .down
    Twice,straight back up twice .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    when was it we went down and didnt come straight back up, i can remember two relegation's in my life time , so when was this other one playing in front off a few hundred spectators.
    I think Ronniekirk must be about 135 years old because as far as I'm aware the last time we spent more than one season outside the top flight was back in the 1890s after Smelltic did the dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    See post above The game was Ayr United away as I recall but as I said in second post it was over 30 odd years back so maybe it just felt longer back them

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I think Ronniekirk must be about 135 years old because as far as I'm aware the last time we spent more than one season outside the top flight was back in the 1890s after Smelltic did the dirty!

well at least he saw us winning the SC...twice

Some days I do feel old but not that old

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    well at least he saw us winning the SC...twice
    Now that would of been worth seeing

@hibs.net private member
    Some days I do feel old but not that old

So - tell us Ronnie - was "Darling" Willie Groves really as good as he was cracked up to be?!?!?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    I was a student then so going back 30 odd years so maybe it just seemed like more than one season in lower league Remember a cup reply against Dunfermline and was gutted we didn't win it and remember thinking it was going to be difficult to get back up .but my memory isn't the most reliable
    yes we bounced back straight away winning the league pretty comfortably both times , so not getting at you as my memory might have been wrong as i couldnt work out when you were on about. but tell you something if we go down this time we wont bounce straight back up . will be down there for a few years i fear.