Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Real fitba' people ken what he's oan aboot likesay

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where about can you hear his interview?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyd3r View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If no one posts a link get yourself to nearest looney bin and the patients will talk about the same sense!

the man has completely lost the plot.

The state Hospital

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Out his erse.

the moon.... as he appears to be wired to it

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    He did say those words but it has been taken well out of context on here.

He didn't just come out and say he was glad we conceded FFS.

Listen to the previous 7/8 interviews and you'll get the same idea.

I believe Butcher is genuinely shocked at the size of the task he's got ahead of him and is flabbergasted at what he's seeing every week.

That's the only explanation I can offer.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I believe Butcher is genuinely shocked at the size of the task he's got ahead of him and is flabbergasted at what he's seeing every week.

Or Butcher is genuinely shocked at the mess he's made of things and is flabbergasted at what he's seeing every week.

If any players are found uptown between now and the derby they'll deserve what they get:

Ridicule from nonHibees
    And
    A good shooing from Hibees

This lot are not people I can take seriously

Jordan Foster expressing sympathy for hearts in the press before the last derby? Choob. Let's see how much sympathy they have for you this week Jordan lad.

Time our players learned the law of the jungle : kill or be killed. Right now they look like prey

@hibs.net private member

But when he first came in he was getting a reaction from these players and he got some decent results. The size of the task now is due to his management of these players over the last three months and his complete lack of tactical awareness

Sometimes it's good not to score a goal as the element of surprises is with you ,the opposition have no idea when we are going to score ,and they start to worry it's going to be against them .
    Sometimes is good to go on a long losing run then when the team finally win they will have forgotten what that feels like and will enjoy the win even more
    All the bravado we heard when he came in has been knocked out of him .T B think what you did when you first came in and went on an unbeaten run and get back to that as this chopping and changing every week just means players take time to adjust and to be frank with you we don't have time for you to fanny about anymore Whatever you think you are doing isn't working You had two weeks to work with a team for this game and the last thing this lot needed was to loose a goal in 12 seconds .So don't event try and turn that into a positive when you know and we know and the opposition know that that is in effect game won for them .Stop insulting the magnificent support and get your finger out and get it sorted

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Has he not realised yet that we only need to concede once to lose? We can't score goals!

Not good when he's already at the Fenlon stage of not being able to say anything without folk twisting it and jumping on it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

Correct, I'll be honest and say that the way managers get hounded like this by some Hibs fans, and what I mean is when people pick up any small thing that they can and twist it, f****** disgusts me. This isn't about blaming the fans for the performances or anything like that - for me the support at the games is virtually beyond reproach, we've turned up in big numbers over the last few years and been shat on time and time again for our efforts.

What irks me is that people find any reason to stick the boot in. Butcher sounded bewildered in his interview, he sounded upset and angry and hurt. He sounded like a manager that's just lost a crucial game would be expected to sound.

He should rightly be getting grief for the result and the performance, but when folk start taking wee bits out his interviews to slag him off, it's completely unnecessary and does nothing for anyone, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Not good when he's already at the Fenlon stage of not being able to say anything without folk twisting it and jumping on it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    :

You're not.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He knows he made a mistake slaughtering the players in earlier interviews - I honestly think he doesn't know what to say because he really wants to stand and berate the players but knows they need to avoid relegation.

Did he actually say this?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Correct, I'll be honest and say that the way managers get hounded like this by some Hibs fans, and what I mean is when people pick up any small thing that they can and twist it, f****** disgusts me. This isn't about blaming the fans for the performances or anything like that - for me the support at the games is virtually beyond reproach, we've turned up in big numbers over the last few years and been shat on time and time again for our efforts.

What irks me is that people find any reason to stick the boot in. Butcher sounded bewildered in his interview, he sounded upset and angry and hurt. He sounded like a manager that's just lost a crucial game would be expected to sound.

He should rightly be getting grief for the result and the performance, but when folk start taking wee bits out his interviews to slag him off, it's completely unnecessary and does nothing for anyone, IMHO.
    Spot on. Agree completely.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member

Another here.

Possibly that's one explanation mate. Either that, or he is just talking complete and utter bollocks. To think only a few short months ago most fans, including myself, though Butcher was an excellent appointment.

He did mention he will play more of the youngsters for the derby. He sounded raging in the interview. I only caught the tail-end of it.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Yet another manager goes from every word being heralded to every word being ridiculed in very short time.

Hard to blame people though, he's made a spectacular mess of things thus far. FWIW, I'd take Fenlon over Butcher for these last four fixtures any day of the week.

The way I see that particular comment is that he thought about saying something in his head and it didn't quite reach his lips and the end result was a comment that didn't actually make much sense.

It happens to everyone from time to time. I'm sure he's not actually pleased that we lost a goal after 13 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    If any players are found uptown between now and the derby they'll deserve what they get:

Ridicule from nonHibees
    And
    A good shooing from Hibees

This lot are not people I can take seriously

Jordan Foster expressing sympathy for hearts in the press before the last derby? Choob. Let's see how much sympathy they have for you this week Jordan lad.

Time our players learned the law of the jungle : kill or be killed. Right now they look like prey
    Spot on. The whole club, from top to bottom (I exclude the U20s) is as soft as s**** and has been for years.

"Sometimes it's good to be sectioned, because it takes away the pressure of worrying about being sectioned, because you have been sectioned."

Rock back and forth whilst hugging knees tightly and repeat ad nauseum until it's time for medication.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think a lot of people on here are on their high horse for nothing. He didn't set us out to lose a goal early and he was stating that it wasn't the case this time.

Don't see what's wrong with that tbh

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Did he actually say this?
    Yes. He was talking to Rob Maclean on BBC Radio. He sounded like a broken man. Little of what he said made sense.
    Towards the end there was something about "trying to find a team tha will compete and do Hibs proud, but that's very hard at the moment". It was in response to a question about all his changes from week to week.