hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never knew this. Who said it? They have lied to everyone that was there. Now I know the board are liars what hope we got??
    Almost 100% sure it was DF but if not it was Garry O'Hagan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    By the way, I could have posted this on a number of other threads tonight, but there really have been some heartfelt and constructive posts on the messageboard.

If only the Board and Players felt the same passion!
    TB and SM came to Hibs with a good spl record, the malaise at Easter Road was there long before they arrived, this trying to get loans instead of spending has gone too far, Hibs are a laughing stock, IMO the problem is upstairs with the board and the way they are running the playing side on the cheap

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    I believe he was paid to leave. But both parties decided to keep a lid on it. It wouldn't have made sense for him to walk. He was seeing money that he never came close to seeing in his playing career.
    This was indeed the case. Spoke to somebody very close to paddy last week who said exactly this

Also confirmed RP blocked several signings by refusing to match the wages offered by other SPL clubs

Quote 'pats hands were completely tied' by RP

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    This was indeed the case. Spoke to somebody very close to paddy last week who said exactly this

Also confirmed RP blocked several signings by refusing to match the wages offered by other SPL clubs

Quote 'pats hands were completely tied' by RP
    Interesting 'cos that's not what my mate tells me PF said to him. He is seeing him next weekend, I've asked him to try and get a straight answer on a number of points.

Admittedly there were a few conflicting stories. Stuart McCall said they couldn't match what we had offered Clancy, yet OTJ signed or us despite us not offering any more than ICT did. PF also told my mate that he couldn't complain about the backing he received from RP....Maybe he was being diplomatic, but if I hear anything from my mate re PF I will try and post it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Interesting 'cos that's not what my mate tells me PF said to him. He is seeing him next weekend, I've asked him to try and get a straight answer on a number of points.

Admittedly there were a few conflicting stories. Stuart McCall said they couldn't match what we had offered Clancy, yet OTJ signed or us despite us not offering any more than ICT did. PF also told my mate that he couldn't complain about the backing he received from RP....Maybe he was being diplomatic, but if I hear anything from my mate re PF I will try and post it.
    I think the fact that we posted losses for consecutive years shows that the board did as much as they could for the managers, even (dare I say it) speculating to accumulate a little.

It didn't get us anywhere, mind you.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think the fact that we posted losses for consecutive years shows that the board did as much as they could for the managers, even (dare I say it) speculating to accumulate a little.

It didn't get us anywhere, mind you.
    I'm no lover of RP but that's pretty much how I see it. I do believe he tries to pay the lowest he can get away with and it does result in us missing out at times, but then when you consider last summer we were the only team outwith Celtic who paid a fee for a player.......

However much you know a present or ex manager I don`t think think comments about backing or lack of it from club will be that significant . Noone will want to say too much while looking for work elsewhere . What is obvious is that we made a lot from successive runs to the SC final and having lost our 2 best players and our second top goalscorer ( plus injuries to McPake , Harris , Clancy and Harris early in season ) Fenlon or any other manager would have needed a much bigger investment than he got to challenge for top 4 and that`s without considering further back up in coaching staff ( was it really necessary to wait till the last day to know if Maybury was staying ? ) especially after having almost no close season .

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm missing your point, or you're missing mine. We had no money to bring anyone on a contract in, we had to look for loans. I don't know if we were in for either Taylor or Kiss. We also had at least one deal fall through late on.
    I think the lack of budget masks the fact that our new management had enough good players to: go further in the Scottish Cup; and not get us into the **** we're in.

This is now a failure of management. We usually go up the way when we get a new boss. Seems Terry has been going through a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    If I was Butcher I wouldn't play 5 in the midfield if my intention was to hoof it to the forward (singular) as soon as possible.
    This has always been my gripe!

Why overload the midfield when we always look to bypass it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    At the last WT meeting, David Forsyth advised that Rooney only wanted to come on loan. Strange one
    That's not true. Says a lot about the attitude towards Working Together too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Excuse me? What's not true and what does it say about the attitude of WT? I was there. Were you?

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Excuse me? What's not true and what does it say about the attitude of WT? I was there. Were you?
    Is it possible, just once, to mention LWT/WT without someone taking it the wrong way and getting ultra-defensive?

It's not true that Rooney only wanted to come on loan. I'm not disputing that folk were told that by the club.

The fact that LWT/WT are being fibbed/spun/however-you-want-to-take-it to, IMHO, says a lot about the club's attitude to the initiative/group/fans.

Left by mutual consent!
    The players dont play for the manager that, now, is a given. Most dont even play for the club. What about for cash ? Big bonus if we stay up and if we dont then its cost us zilch. Worth trying ?

Is it possible, just once, to mention LWT/WT without someone taking it the wrong way and getting ultra-defensive?

It's not true that Rooney only wanted to come on loan. I'm not disputing that folk were told that by the club.

The fact that LWT/WT are being fibbed/spun/however-you-want-to-take-it to, IMHO, says a lot about the club's attitude to the initiative/group/fans.
    Is it possible, just once, for someone to post what they are really trying to say without abbreviating it so much that the context is lost? It reads as if you were implying that I was lying and doesn't explain that you meant the attitude perhaps being shown to WT by the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd rather have man flu than Terry Butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    However much you know a present or ex manager I don`t think think comments about backing or lack of it from club will be that significant . Noone will want to say too much while looking for work elsewhere . What is obvious is that we made a lot from successive runs to the SC final and having lost our 2 best players and our second top goalscorer ( plus injuries to McPake , Harris , Clancy and Harris early in season ) Fenlon or any other manager would have needed a much bigger investment than he got to challenge for top 4 and that`s without considering further back up in coaching staff ( was it really necessary to wait till the last day to know if Maybury was staying ? ) especially after having almost no close season .
    I don't agree, the overall budget should have been more than enough, it's commensurate with other teams who are up there so why should we need to spend more?

There were 2 problems IMO. Firstly Fenlon signed a bunch of duds. OTJ, Taiwo, Craig, Robertson, Thomson - I'm not suggesting they're all poor players but why did we need so many? And ultimately very few were a success. Then at RB he signed Clancy, Mullen and Maybury, again none a success. Up front Collins, Vine and Heffernan, same story and thats kindly leaving out Kuqi (funny how the apparent benefits Caldwell and Handling were getting from working with him didn't materialise on the field).

The second problem which I can only speculate on is that Petrie appears to prevent the manager spending the budget in his own way. Or prevents then securing top targets. The Lyle Taylor affair has been commented on here and that was a microcosm of the last 6/7 years transfer policy.

No wonder so many fans have had enough.