hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

The Derby (merged)

Thoughts on next weeks game?
    Last edited by BOB MARLEYS DUG; 19-04-2014 at 04:23 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Hibs ladies please

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    The only slight ray of hope I have is that regularly in derbies, the team going in who should win and get a decent result ends up losing. Aside from that I have absolutely no faith in this team delivering anything but another gutless performance.

@hibs.net private member
    Play Stevenson, Watmore, Thomson & Stanton and the rest can go on holiday now. Under 20's can't do any worse.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only slight ray of hope I have is that regularly in derbies, the team going in who should win and get a decent result ends up losing. Aside from that I have absolutely no faith in this team delivering anything but another gutless performance.
    Agree,totally

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    No, I think that only applies when Hibs are favourites...

To win games of football you need to be able to score goals - we unfortunately don't do that against 10 players or 11 therefore I am expecting the worst.

We won't win. If hearts play poor we might get a point but can't see it. The difference in passion between the 2 clubs is frightening.

Blog Entries
    The Jambos did us a favour today but there will be no favours next week when they take us to the cleaners.

We will probably win,thats the cheek of it

Jamie Hamill won't be playing as he got sent off today if that's any consolation.

Not sure that it is really.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Thoughts are that if Hearts win, factoring in the deduction, they would then be equal points with Hibs. Also they would bring Hibs into potentially 11th place and into the play off place with 3 to play. Their record this season v us is won 3, lost 1, scored 5 conceded 2. They have won last game, drawn v Aberdeen, beaten Partick handsomely away.

That's my thoughts - 11 green bottlers will crash again. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Michael Nelson's nickname is admiral which suggests leadership - he should really change his nickname.

James Collins is listed as a striker - he should really look at a change of occupation - he is utterly utterly dire.

That's my thoughts - oh and I'll be lumping on Hearts at whatever odds - in fact, I'd be surprised if bookies don't make them odds on or evens.

Hang your heads in utter shame Hibernian Football Club. Pure shame.

The fact we`re still 7th after this terrible run under Butcher shows how bad the other bottom 6 teams are . Hearts did us a big favour today and will be confident next week but I think we need to win since other teams will get 3 points against them . We haven`t really deserved to lose any of the Derbies this season so must be due a change of luck but you have to make your luck .

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We're completely ****ed.

Left by mutual consent!
    The place will be empty. The ticket prices are extortionate and not worth paying for.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    We will get beat.

The first time i can't be arsed with a derby game.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member semaj64's Avatar
    one thing for sure it is going to be nerve wrecking. We will be the underdogs and deservedly so. The team need to step up, they are going to take a lot of stick if things do not go well and they need just to get on with it no matter what.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    The fact we`re still 7th after this terrible run under Butcher shows how bad the other bottom 6 teams are . Hearts did us a big favour today and will be confident next week but I think we need to win since other teams will get 3 points against them . We haven`t really deserved to lose any of the Derbies this season so must be due a change of luck but you have to make your luck .
    Wrong on a few counts mate - Hearts absolutely deserved their last win at Tynecastle, they outfought us in the League Cup game after our little 20 minutes of energy, and in the first game at Tynecastle we never ever looked like scoring playing one up top. The only game we deserved was our 2-1 win where we played a settled side, which was on a wee run, and who looked confident.

The loss of Robertson in the middle has been absolutely astounding, more than I thought it would be. Add into the fact that we are now playing full back and centre half roulette, when there are decent youth full backs who are top of their league and clearly proficient, it's baffling.

We play a striker who is fat and can't control a ball - yet we keep Cummings on the bench or don't play him - despite Jason being a cog in the side that went unbeaten in about 8/9 games. Strange.

What exactly does Owain Tudur Jones bring to the table ? Pretty lost all games I've seen him, lingers in the ball, scared to get forward.

Hearts are playing with a freedom now and the news this week has buoyed them - they will win with something to spare next week, easily.

Will be a poor atmosphere and if/when hertz score/win the atmosphere will turn poisonous, giving it a miss thank you.

Testimonial Due
    Two up front would be a start for me. Fed up of this 1 up front nonsense.

Fair to say though, a Hibs loss next week and there will be bedlam.

Coaching Staff
    What I would also consider this week, from Monday, is interviews with the players all week. I'd also make them train elsewhere, on public parks or somewhere like Kinnear Road/Granton where they used to train when East Mains was just a hopeful dream - get the players realising, psycholigically, what they have at Hibs and how lucky they are. What they could be going to if they are released come relegation.

Terry likes his head games - well show them how good they have it in as harsh a lesson possible. And put them in front of the cameras all week - maybe get the Hibs media team to ask questions posed by fans - make them squirm.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    What I have to laugh about Hibs is; 3 weeks ago I flew up to go to a party to relegate Hearts (we failed as per usual), if yams win next week they can send us to 11th. No idea how we have done it but we've given the yams something to cheer about. We have done it the "Hibs way". Sad times

To be honest I really can't see us getting anything next week. If it was me I would ring the changes. If we are gonna lose at least get some youngsters playing.

Black, Baptie, Gardiner, Horibine, Smith and Cummings.

My team (although it will never happen)

Williams

Black Forster Gardiner Baptie

Stanton Horibine Stevenson

Harris Watmore
    Cummings

Murdoch
    Nelson
    Maybury
    Thomson
    Handling
    Haynes
    Smith
    Last edited by 007 Mickey Weir; 19-04-2014 at 04:50 PM.

We won't win again this season and I won't be there. This is the lowest I have ever seen a hibs team and support at. Shambles of a club.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    To be honest I really can't see us getting anything next week. If it was me I would ring the changes. If we are gonna lose at least get some youngsters playing.

Black, Baptie, Gardiner, Horibine, Smith and Cummings.

My team (although it will never happen)

Williams

Black Forster Gardiner Baptie

Stanton Horibine Stevenson

Harris Watmore
    Cummings

Murdoch
    Nelson
    Maybury
    Thomson
    Handling
    Haynes
    Smith
    Glad you are not in charge, rediculous team.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Glad you are not in charge, rediculous team.
    I know, I'd have Nelson nowhere near the bench

My tuppence worth is that I'd have Black and Baptie in in a heartbeat, I'd also have Dean in that midfield, so the selection is not as outlandish as it seems. In fact it's not far off my side.

Bit soon to be asking this question, just after we turn in yet another inept performance and everyone is totally p***** off. Am sure the answers given tonight will be a lot different to those that would be given if say the same question was posed on Wed/Thu, after the blood had stopped boiling.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Play the u-20s. Be less embarrassing, I'd rather our u-20s get beat by their u-20s than our prima-donnas getting ripped a new one by their u-20s.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Play the u-20s. Be less embarrassing, I'd rather our u-20s get beat by their u-20s than our prima-donnas getting ripped a new one by their u-20s.
    They dont play an u-20s team, enough of this myth.