hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why we will remain where we are. You'd rather attack me than realise what is happening. I'm really open to other suggestions and please remember I'm not the original poster and I'm just voicing my opinion on a forum.

Tell you what, I'll go back to just reading this forum and Persevering on a Saturday with everyone else. That's what we're all good at.

Unbelievable, really.
    Not attacking you at all, just replying to your post and doing as you've done and voiced an opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Have a look at the post again and tell me you think it's genuine.
    Not attacking you at all, just replying to your post and doing as you've done and voiced an opinion.
    You called the guy an erse and accused him of being a fan of the manks.

That's not an opinion, thats an attack on a fellow poster. One that is entirely uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    We need to hit the board where it hurts, which is directly in the pocket.

I know this seems like a bad thing in the short term, but it's the only way we're ever truely going to get the message across.

The board don't read in words, they read in figures. If the figures are alright, then everything is alright as far as they're concerned and thats the problem.

Short term damage is our only real option.
    They will not listen to our words.

What do you expect this to achieve?

You called the guy an erse and accused him of being a fan of the manks.

That's not an opinion, thats an attack on a fellow poster. One that is entirely uncalled for.
    My opinion still remains no matter how bad things are from "jambos at work" and how pissed of I am about things, "joining them" as the poster stated not an option. Wind up of a post, but that's just my opinion.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    What do you expect this to achieve?
    The board need to be panicked into making real changes throughout the club, not simply replacing likes for likes to keep us happy for a few more months with more false optimism.

The board view us as cattle with cash that we're more than happy to toss down an endless pit. We need to show them that we're not. We need to show them that we won't keep throwing money at them, for them to blow on bad decisions and false optimism.

They think we'll just keep coming back and they're taking the sheer liberty because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    We voice our opinion, get season ticket prices lowered until we have something to watch? We get the slogan of the club changed from persevere and from a bunch of lies "Enjoy watching good football". The only truth of it is "easy for groups to get seats together" because the stadium is so empty that's why.

Why slate us for voicing our opinion but yet no one seems willing to attack the club that has caused years of pain - bizarre.

We are all in this together remember - it is our club.
    Where did I slate your opinion?

I asked what you are hoping to achieve and how it is to be done? What would be "bizarre" would be protesting without a plan in place and the means to achieve it.

The board need to be panicked into making real changes throughout the club, not simply replacing likes for likes to keep us happy for a few more months with more false optimism.

The board view us as cattle with cash that we're more than happy to toss down an endless pit. We need to show them that we're not. We need to show them that we won't keep throwing money at them, for them to blow on bad decisions and false optimism.

They think we'll just keep coming back and they're taking the sheer liberty because of it.
    Could you be a bit more specific? Other than you want change, which probably a lot of folk recognise is needed, you don't really say what it is you want or how you intend to achieve it.

@hibs.net private member
    We need to hit the board where it hurts, which is directly in the pocket.

I know this seems like a bad thing in the short term, but it's the only way we're ever truely going to get the message across.

The board don't read in words, they read in figures. If the figures are alright, then everything is alright as far as they're concerned and thats the problem.

Short term damage is our only real option. They will not listen to our words.
    The budget would be adjusted according to income, thus the sums involved might be less but the books would still balance.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE BOVRIL View Post

FARMER OUT !!!
    You may get your wish sooner than you think.

I don't agree with the lads who have stated that the Hibs fans just except things, there are at least six or seven thousand who have voted with their feet already. Will we ever get them back, that is a worry, days like today will only make them glad they have chucked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    The budget would be adjusted according to income, thus the sums involved might be less but the books would still balance.

Yes so I hear too.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Have a look at the post again and tell me you think it's genuine.
    Whatever you may think - it is genuine, I support Hibs not those others but nevertheless I'm honest enough to admit that I'm fed up of being wound up by them every single year at every single derby and getting the feeling that it's the norm...when can we get a chance to wind them up?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post

I agree with this but some part of me thinks what budgets anyway? We pull bigger crowds than Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness...list goes on but they do better. In my opinion whatever budget there is - baring in mind the story about Rooney and so on - it's not worth forking out more than our counterparts for less? What's an Aberdeen season ticket cost? What's a Motherwell or Dundee United one?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    My opinion still remains no matter how bad things are from "jambos at work" and how pissed of I am about things, "joining them" as the poster stated not an option. Wind up of a post, but that's just my opinion.
    I never typed "joining them" - I said "joining in with" joking about our club not joining them in the stands at the Pink Bus Shelter... Such as stating to them that Petrie has to go and there is something wrong at Hibs. Honest Hearts fans even say that there is something wrong at ER in a non-wind up way. Most fans know there is a weakness and whilst the stadium and training facilities are nice - I think it's merely plaster over the cracks. wouldn't surprise me if Petrie leaked that we paid 200k for Collins to get us off his back.

You're 100% correct although of course that's just my opinion.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    If we stay up we still need radical change - I can't help but get the impression that if we get 3pts against the Jambos that suddenly everything is happy days once more. I'm fully behind us and will be at the Derby but please tell me I'm not the only one that finds statements like the below is one of the reasons why we fail again and again:

“We were the fourth best team in the history of the SPL – or should I say the second best team in the history of the SPL of all the clubs which lived within their means and paid their creditors in full.”

Much past tense followed by stating we're the second best at paying bills! Yippee!

We can all sing "All the hibees get paid!" at the Derby and be cheery - oh wait their working their way out of administration...

Well can I predict that if we lose next week against them there will be bodies outside the main stand calling for Petrie's resignation

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    A revolt wouldn't make these players any better.
    nor any worse

I completely understand the sentiments and we all have a right to use Hibs.net to vent our frustration.

But look around the SPFL. With or without the help of Supporters Direct rank and file supporters are getting organised to challenge the custodians of their clubs or fight to haul their clubs up by the bootstraps. The Well Trust, Foundation of Hearts, Union of Fans etc etc.

The question we have to ask ourselves is does it take a doomsday scenario (Administration, Liquidation, Relegation) to occur before some of us get active? We have done it before e.g. Hands off Hibs, Hands on Hibs.

Supporters of other clubs (Killie, St Mirren) have organised themselves. Our options appear to be straightforward. Fight, flight or accept defeat.