hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If every ****er on this thread channelled their negativity about how ***** Hibs are into a positive form - we'd be FINE!!! I'm 45, going on 46. When I was 21 years of age, going on 22 in 1990, I was being led to believe that Hibs were TOTALLY ****ED!!! But they came back and won the Skol Cup! Then we went on and had some more LEGENDARY teams! Sauzee! Latapy! Benji! Ooh - Zemmama!

So, even though I'm Auld - I'll always be here!
    Sorry, why is it that if some posters express their honest opinions, and fears for the club's future, it's "negativity"? So, if we all bury our heads in the sand and kid on that everything is great at the club, then "we'd be fine". I don't think so. There's a difference between being negative and being honest and realistic. Apart from the U20s, can you please outline what we should positive about at the moment, having watched that garbage last night, and the club now staring the possibility of relegation square in the face. I would love to post "positive" stuff about the club I love. Honestly, I would.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This thread is a bit doom and gloom is it no,we won't go down

If every ****er on this thread channelled their negativity about how ***** Hibs are into a positive form - we'd be FINE!!! I'm 45, going on 46. When I was 21 years of age, going on 22 in 1990, I was being led to believe that Hibs were TOTALLY ****ED!!! But they came back and won the Skol Cup! Then we went on and had some more LEGENDARY teams! Sauzee! Latapy! Benji! Ooh - Zemmama!

hear hear! In short do we really think we can do any good pointing the finger and asking for change at this late stage.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    At least it'll provide another 4 derbies for everyone that said they'd rather be in the bottom 6 for a derby than the top 6.

One of the worst things about modern football is that they have got us thinking about the financial side of the game. I'd rather watch a young team develop than the fear football on offer these days at the bottom of the SPFL.

Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    One of the worst things about modern football is that they have got us thinking about the financial side of the game. I'd rather watch a young team develop than the fear football on offer these days at the bottom of the SPFL.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    james collins says we have nothing to fear

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-tells-3391135

HIBS flop James Collins last night denied Hibs are in a relegation scrap – despite boss Terry Butcher admitting they’re caught in the basement battle.

is this his first quote since saying he would make us all forget about sparky

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

HIBS flop James Collins last night denied Hibs are in a relegation scrap – despite boss Terry Butcher admitting they’re caught in the basement battle.

Ugh. "Hibs flop". There's only two things you can be as a footballer if I believe newspapers - a "star" or a "flop".

He's at it again, http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...vals-1-3370132

If the players don't realise they are in the relegation mix then we have no chance.

OK just to point out. Last time we went down there was NO rangers or hearts in the league. We had cash to bring in quality players and the team that we did end up with would walk the SPL at the moment never mind the 1st Division. Our crowds were up and stayed up because we were winning. None of this would happen IF we went down this season. It would be a total disaster and we'd be down there for a good few years. It was bad enough on here when folk were accepting mediocrity and arguing that finishing 6th should be seen as some sort of achievement, now we've got fans who think relegation would be OK. Wonder what they'll have to say when we're finishing 4th in the first division, And some folk accuse our board of having no foresight or ambition .

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I've read some very strange things on here over the past while. Alot of folk have stated that they 'are not bothered about being relegated', that it could be 'a good thing for the club and the shake up it needs' etc etc.
    Don't know what you've been reading, but I've not seen comments like this. Who exactly thinks relegation is a good idea?

Not sure I've read a more patronising thread title to be honest - I think we are all aware of the consequences of going down.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    is this his first quote since saying he would make us all forget about sparky?
    Well he's certainly done that. I can no longer remember what a proper striker looks like.

I do agree it'll not be the same as last time. If we go down we could be down for years.

First Team Breakthrough mikethehibee69's Avatar
    I am sick of the negativity, we need to support the team, every fan needs to come out and help!!! If they claim to be a Hibee then prove it, as this club needs every single one of us!!!!!!GGTTH

When will they ever learn? Stuff like this is exactly what other teams in the relegation fight will love to hear. We need to do our talking on the pitch, not to the papers. Jeez, I despair.

Testimonial Due
    Do people realise that the team that finishes second bottom will still have a 2 leg tie against a team from the division below, who've played 4 games in a short period of time to earn that right, with the second leg at home?

I don't think we'll finish second bottom but the way it's talked about on here it's a formality that 11th = relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Do people realise that the team that finishes second bottom will still have a 2 leg tie against a team from the division below, who've played 4 games in a short period of time to earn that right, with the second leg at home?

I don't think we'll finish second bottom but the way it's talked about on here it's a formality that 11th = relegation.
    Yes, I do realise that mate. My last post wasn't particularly well worded in that respect. We could possibly end up 11th and lose the play-off of course. I really hope not as that would be a disaster for this club. The point I'm trying to make is Hibs and their players should not be giving rival teams anything that might encourage them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Don't know what you've been reading, but I've not seen comments like this. Who exactly thinks relegation is a good idea?

Not sure I've read a more patronising thread title to be honest - I think we are all aware of the consequences of going down.
    I've seen comments from a few people recently who have said that being relegated might just give the club the shake up that it needs and that if we were relegated, at least we would have big games against Hearts and Sevco next year which would generate a lot of income.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I've seen comments from a few people recently who have said that being relegated might just give the club the shake up that it needs and that if we were relegated, at least we would have big games against Hearts and Sevco next year which would generate a lot of income.
    Which in turn would reduce the likelihood that we will immediately bounce back.

The consequences of relegation are absolutely horrendous in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Which in turn would reduce the likelihood that we will immediately bounce back.

The consequences of relegation are absolutely horrendous in my eyes.
    Horrendous to get relegated from possibly the most uncompetitive league in European football.....Scottish football is 💤💤 I guarantee Falkirk/Dundee/Hamilton/Rangers/Hearts/Raith & poss Dunfermline would bring bigger supports to ER than the SPL clubs bar Celtic & The Sheep.....The SPL breeds negativity it's the biggest borefest (the fact that were in a relegation scrap might make it interesting for a change)

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GodisaHibee
    We are staring into a void. One step closer each week. I hope I'm wrong but nothing is looking otherwise the now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD