hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by s2hart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 pages in and we are getting the truth, MM is still out of order and should be more professional than that.
    Disagree - MM was not brought in to be the media friendly nice guy - surely he's the scary one that was supposed to knock all the shirkers into shape?!? If the moanin faced geezer shut The F up then it sounds to me that MM has lost none of his charm

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Disagree - MM was not brought in to be the media friendly nice guy - surely he's the scary one that was supposed to knock all the shirkers into shape?!? If the moanin faced geezer shut The F up then it sounds to me that MM has lost none of his charm
    I know what you are saying but he still shouldn't be turning around to a member of the paying public and reacting like that,
    heat of the moment or not.

FWIW and maybe I'm contradicting myself I'd of done the same as MM and deal with the consequences after.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would sack malpas first thing this morning,There again I would never had hired him in the first case given his managerial record was well below average,Plus the fact I dislike the wee prick,

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sven nil View Post
    I would sack malpas first thing this morning,There again I would never had hired him in the first case given his managerial record was well below average,Plus the fact I dislike the wee prick,
    Behave.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by sven nil View Post
    You stay classy.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I heard the 'Shut the **** up' response from him as clear as day. I didn't hear the comment you reckon he said and I am right behind the dug out.
    They guy he told to 'shut the **** up' had been constantly shouting for Thomson to be brought on from the time the match kicked off. And the guy did indeed shut the **** up for the rest of the game. I ain't defending Malpas here by the way but I can see why he got frustrated.
    Like I said M59, I heard MM respond directly after I shouted for KT to be brought on. I couldn't make out what he said, the guys beside me (and a few of them have already posted on this thread) said his response was to call me a ******. We are talking about different people and I suspect, different incidents - I only shouted once for KT to be brought on.
    Last edited by jeffers; 08-04-2014 at 05:39 AM.

He doesn't have to be nice to the media or make friends with his strikers. But we do pay help pay for his wages and would expect him to keep quiet and not react to the fans abuse or suggestions.

I reckon some Hibs fans actively delight in trying to sabotage the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If that's a go at me you are way off and sabotage ?? Really ?? My point as I've made a few times on this thread was when your team is performing as badly as they are turning on the fans isn't going to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Like I said M59, I heard MM respond directly after I shouted for KT to be brought on. I couldn't make out what he said, the guys beside me (and a few of them have already posted on this thread) said his response was to call me a ******. We are talking about different people and I suspect, different incidents - I only shouted once for KT to be brought on.
    It might have been a different incident but given where I sit I am pretty sure myself or others around me would have heard the comments you are mentioning here. Perhaps there were a few people sitting in the same area as you making repeated calls for Thomson to be brought on. If it sounded (perhaps wrongly) like one person to me then MM would have got the same impression which would explain his frustration. As you say, you didn't actually hear what was said yourself so perhaps MM gets the benefit of the doubt here? He was still of course in the wrong for shouting what he did at a fan but those calling for a sacking are way over the top, surely a simple apology is all that is required.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Jeffers getting a hard time which is unfair. I sit behind him. His first shout for Thomson to come on had no expletives. Others had shouted for KT but the first time Jeffers shouted MM reacted. I caught the F Off from MM and as the crowd around us reacted I missed the next part but he did say something else.

He also had a pop at a lad who sits a few rows in front at the utd game last month.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It might have been a different incident but given where I sit I am pretty sure myself or others around me would have heard the comments you are mentioning here. Perhaps there were a few people sitting in the same area as you making repeated calls for Thomson to be brought on. If it sounded (perhaps wrongly) like one person to me then MM would have got the same impression which would explain his frustration. As you say, you didn't actually hear what was said yourself so perhaps MM gets the benefit of the doubt here? He was still of course in the wrong for shouting what he did at a fan but those calling for a sacking are way over the top, surely a simple apology is all that is required.
    Maybe there were a few shouting for KT to come on before I did - I never heard them of they did. I know after I did the old boy who sits behind me shouted for KT to come on.

Too right calling for his sacking is way over the top and I'm certainly not one of those - the way things are going with results it could happen anyway, but that's another story !! IMO tho, again as I've said a few times turning on the fans isn't doing him any favours.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    This is correct.

Didn't realise there were so many precious wee lambs sitting in the west lower. Maybe try the FF next year - at least then the nasty man won't shout at you?

There are a few c***s at the club just now. Malpas may be one of them, some of the fans too. Thomson certainly is though. Can't for the life of me understand why we're fawning over a guy who mercilessly ripped the pish out of us the last time he was here, and by all accounts is doing the same again.

Empty him!

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    LG was in trouble for gestures to the fans from the management , why is new assistant manager allowed to verbally abuse fans the same way ?

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Jeffers getting a hard time which is unfair. I sit behind him. His first shout for Thomson to come on had no expletives. Others had shouted for KT but the first time Jeffers shouted MM reacted. I caught the F Off from MM and as the crowd around us reacted I missed the next part but he did say something else.

He also had a pop at a lad who sits a few rows in front at the utd game last month.
    Thanks mate.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Can as fans we not let the management do their job rather than having a pop. In general Hibs must have some of the least supportive fans on the planet, only too ready to have a pop at players and management and seem it appears to enjoy it and are in some ways gutted when we win. It is a cycle which shows no sign of being broken any time soon. If we are trying to hound out a new management team in the early stages of their tenure at Hibs we are doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    This is correct.

Didn't realise there were so many precious wee lambs sitting in the west lower. Maybe try the FF next year - at least then the nasty man won't shout at you?

There are a few c***s at the club just now. Malpas may be one of them, some of the fans too. Thomson certainly is though. Can't for the life of me understand why we're fawning over a guy who mercilessly ripped the pish out of us the last time he was here, and by all accounts is doing the same again.

Empty him!
    Nail on the head, a complete bad apple and needs punted good player or not. He hasnt exactly been pulling up trees with his performances and sounds like he is stirring it behind the scenes and only to happy to do the management team down. Yet alot of supporters bizarrely are happy to side with him.

Agree.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowHibee View Post
    Absolute old school management, the game is evolving. There's no need for it, some constructive criticism is fine and even the odd bollocking when we lose heavily but absolutely screaming at the players is not the way forward - same for criticising them in the press.

The hoofball tactics also reak of old school tactics, Hibs are a team which have prided themselves for years about total football etc. Not long balls bypassing the midfield.
    I agree that he needs to button his lip a bit.but he shows passion and im glad he cares about whats happening ,and if old school management worked at Old Trafford under Fergies charge then im all for that,some guys at ER think they are bigger than the club .cant wait for close season when TB and MM can get rid of the dead wood that is at Easter Road and if possible put Petrie in the boot when they get rid of those dead bodies and take him to.
    never found the type of free flowing football we crave has ever been one of Butchers strengths and I don't think it ever will be,i just want a winning team on the park even if I get the odd eye bleed on the way,the team he has to pick from are dire

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Watmore is the new Zoubir. Very good player in there but maybe just a bit too young for first team football.

was there an old zoubir?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Can as fans we not let the management do their job rather than having a pop. In general Hibs must have some of the least supportive fans on the planet, only too ready to have a pop at players and management and seem it appears to enjoy it and are in some ways gutted when we win. It is a cycle which shows no sign of being broken any time soon. If we are trying to hound out a new management team in the early stages of their tenure at Hibs we are doing a good job.
    Total nonsense blaming fans again - gutted when we win, yeah ok.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Nail on the head, a complete bad apple and needs punted good player or not. He hasnt exactly been pulling up trees with his performances and sounds like he is stirring it behind the scenes and only to happy to do the management team down. Yet alot of supporters bizarrely are happy to side with him.
    think hes played one or two decent games since his return,get rid asap ,like others have said his actions when he left ER the last time were scandalous and if hes up to his **** again id empty him now.

Malpas an Butcher won't get another job in Football if they relegate Hibs so no wonder they are feeling the pressure!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    TBF it takes a bit of courage to tell someone to their face that they're a ****.
    Maybe the boy at Tynecastle should be commended for trying to attack Butcher if that is the class of our management team.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    TBF it takes a bit of courage to tell someone to their face that they're a ****.
    Not when there are several yards, a wall/fence, a number of stewards and police and a load of witnesses between the two involved as there was last night.

I was within a few yards of the "incident" and this was the "layout" at the relevant time M'lud!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Malpas inspires no confidence what so ever. He shuffles around the technical area for a wee while with a long face then sits down beside Butcher. Very rarely shouts any encouragement or instructions .
    I can only assume that he must have some coaching ability though that is not very evident on the pitch at the moment.
    I'm afraid the "Dream Team " is turning into a nightmare. All we can do as supporters is try and back what ever mish mash of players this pair come up with and hope that somewhere along the line we come up against a team as bad as ourselves and we can pick up enough points to get out of this mess.
    Nonsense.

MM is nearly always on his feet out there encouraging the team to press and push forward. Kicks every ball and claiming for every throw, free kick corner. He and TB know fine well they are In the brown stuff.

For me KT should've started last night as he is a talented player. But until he agrees to play the way he's is asked by his management then I agree - don't play him. What message does it send if we allow players to say 'no thanks, I'll play how I want to play' and go against instructions and lose the respect of dressing room.

Until we can get rid of the dross in the summer we need to scrap a draw here and there and survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Total nonsense blaming fans again - gutted when we win, yeah ok.
    not blaming the fans however do you think moaning and groaning at bad passes and shouting at the management helps the team.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Nonsense.

MM is nearly always on his feet out there encouraging the team to press and push forward. Kicks every ball and claiming for every throw, free kick corner. He and TB know fine well they are In the brown stuff.

For me KT should've started last night as he is a talented player. But until he agrees to play the way he's is asked by his management then I agree - don't play him. What message does it send if we allow players to say 'no thanks, I'll play how I want to play' and go against instructions and lose the respect of dressing room.

Until we can get rid of the dross in the summer we need to scrap a draw here and there and survive.
    Then leave KT in the stand, stop telling the fans he is injured when he is not and then none of what happened last night would happen nor would the squad disruption that you allude to!

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    This is correct.

Empty him!
    Where do u get that he is taking the pish out of the club again?