hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Left by mutual consent!

Lewis Stevenson

Well done wee man, only one who looks like they give a ****!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done wee man, only one who looks like they give a ****!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Ran himself into the group & never afraid to push forward.
    Shame about (most of) the rest.
    GG

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Agreed, looks like him and Stanton are the only two bothered if we lose.

Another immense display.

I wonder if Mr. Stevenson could teach those players that are staying how to fight got our club.

Agreed, well played Lewis.

If we had a few more with the heart and guts of Stevenson we would be in a far better place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    We need him back In centre midfield. Every time we had the ball tonight we were hounded by their midfield to get it back. We didn't have that tonight. Lewis has the tenacity and work rate to be that player for us.

I don't know how he has it in him to fight for every single ball when the majority of others won't try a leg, well played Lew.

Him and Stanton were the only to achieve pass marks, I'm afraid.

Agree LS was one of the very few that didn't hide tonight and gave his all. But I'm not going to congratulating him for that. That's the very least we can expect from any Hibs player.

We should be much more concerned about the many others who hid, shirked and moaned their way through the game.

Coaching Staff
    I've knocked him now and again on footballing terms but that lad has bottle, pride and loves this club. The others don't even come close to Lewis in terms of commitment and professional pride.

Him and Sam (and Alex, whose touch at times let him down) were the only players who wanted to pass, move and get forward.

The rest will need oxygen tanks for 1) the times they punted it into the sky and 2) because they are unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I've knocked him now and again on footballing terms but that lad has bottle, pride and loves this club. The others don't even come close to Lewis in terms of commitment and professional pride.

Him and Sam (and Alex, whose touch at times let him down) were the only players who wanted to pass, move and get forward.

The rest will need oxygen tanks for 1) the times they punted it into the sky and 2) because they are unfit.

I said the same, the only 3 players that pushed the team forward. It never came of for Harris but he looked much more direct hopefully things will click soon. As for Craig he can GTF!!!!

Give him the captains armband.

The boy has heart and fight he loves the club. Tell one one player out there tonight that has what he has??

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

The boy has heart and fight he loves the club. Tell one one player out there tonight that has what he has??
    None.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We need to get him into the middle of the park where he can make the most of his tenacity, willingness to get on the ball, and his desire to get the ball down.

Him harris and Stanton stood out for me the rest can get to f***!

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

Totally agree. He certainly leads by example.

He got stuck in and ran himself into the ground - if the rest of the players had half the work ethic and guts as him we would be in a better position. Still think he gets a hell of a lot of unfair abuse though, like a previous poster said, he's one of the very few who look like they actually give a ****.

Well done Lewis

Best player for us tonight, again.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

He's been knocked for years and
    at one point wasn't even sure he would
    get a new contract. ..Thomson and Lewis
    In Central mid for me every time

Lewis did what he always does, gave 100% for the jersey. Well deserved man of the match
    This is how it feels

Agreed, Lewis played well tonight. Made a mockery of those saying he couldn't play left back. Actually thought Cairney played pretty well too, disappointed not to see anyone mention him since most of our half-chances in the second half came from him!

I've been guilty in the past of saying that we need better than Lewis Stevenson if we're going to progress as a club but I was wrong.

Lewis Stevenson is exactly the sort of player that we need. He never gives up, is the most dependable player in the squad and gives everything he's got for the club.

I wish we had 11 Lewis Stevensons.

The only players (I'm not counting Ben Williams as he is clearly not to blame for our predicament) that I would wish to see in our team next season are Stevenson and Sam Stanton.

I honestly couldn't care less if I never saw the rest of them again.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I've been guilty in the past of saying that we need better than Lewis Stevenson if we're going to progress as a club but I was wrong.

Lewis Stevenson is exactly the sort of player that we need. He never gives up, is the most dependable player in the squad and gives everything he's got for the club.

The only players (I'm not counting Ben Williams as he is clearly not to blame for our predicament) that I would wish to see in our team next season are Stevenson and Sam Stanton.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lewis shoes more fight and determination than the rest of the team combined. One of only a few players in the team that don't deserve to go down if the worst happens.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Lewis did what he always does, gave 100% for the jersey. Well deserved man of the match
    He was the only option.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Stevenson has been a very unappreciated player for us IMO. He's very unfortunate to be caught in all of this as I think he's actually a very good player that is suffering from a lack of options when he's on the ball.

John Rankin suffered from the same problem when he was with us. Now he's an intricate part of a Dundee Utd team that play really good football.

If Stevenson were to leave us for the likes of Dundee Utd, Motherwell or St Johnstone, he'd be a valuable asset to their team. That I have no doubt.

The one thing that stood out tonight was Stevensons ability to bring the ball under control.

How sad is it when players that can trap a ball stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

it makes a nice change to read such a honest post like this. Lewis has taken a lot of hammerings this season from posters on here and its good to see at least one doubter admit he has changed his mind.

i have always backed the player and always will as he gives everything for that jersey. Again tonight he was the only one willing to go into a tackle and win the ball. He pushed his team forwards but didnt get any response at all from those around him.

Well done Lewis, you deserve the praise!