hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: F1 2014

Hybrid View

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

F1 2014

I've never followed this previously and I'm aware there's been a lot of controversy during the off-season (move to hybrids, rule changes etc) but I'm captivated by F1 this year!

The Bahrain GP today was absolutely sensational - the racing between Rosberg and Hamilton for first place today was stellar.

Great start to the season for Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Sorry, but to paraphrase Shankley, if it was happening outside my front door I would close the curtains.

F1 is one of the most boring sports in the world - 20 odd multi millionaires complaining they didn't win because they didn't have the best car. Aye, whatever.

On the plus side - Suzy Perry!

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but to paraphrase Shankley, if it was happening outside my front door I would close the curtains.

F1 is one of the most boring sports in the world - 20 odd multi millionaires complaining they didn't win because they didn't have the best car. Aye, whatever.

On the plus side - Suzy Perry!
    Why read/comment on the thread if it interests you not?

To the OP, yah there have been a few complaints, but that's just typical of human nature I suppose, no-one likes change.

Great to see two drivers from the same team racing each other instead of the nonsense of team orders. Get out there and race, that's what the public want to see. Hamilton is a great driver and whilst a lot of people don't like him, I personally do.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

I thought there was quite a bit of in team fighting today which made the whole thing very interesting from the casual viewers point of view.

If that's what you want sylar I hope for both of us that's how it continues.

You can dig into the technical issues and court cases as they come along.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by derekHFC View Post
    Why read/comment on the thread if it interests you not?
    Aye, fair point - each to their own.

Shaping up to be a great season, especially as we're not seeing much of that grumpy gnome in the Red Bull. Ricciardo doing a great job. Ecclestone still planning on scuppering things with his stupid tarting-up rule changes.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Shaping up to be a great season, especially as we're not seeing much of that grumpy gnome in the Red Bull. Ricciardo doing a great job. Ecclestone still planning on scuppering things with his stupid tarting-up rule changes.
    You do have to worry a little though that nobody looks like they're capable of coming close to challenging Mercedes?

Having said that, Ricciardo has looked excellent and Hulkenberg looks a real force to be reckoned with - he might be one of the regular elite names but it's new to me Unlike Vettel, Alonso, Button et al., he's not one I recognise!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I take it you mean the 4 time world champion?

Anyways, Lewis Hamilton is out of the Canadian GP after falling over his bottom lip in Monaco.....

As for a great season, it may well go down as the most boring since the Prost/Senna era . Not good for the viewer when one team wins every GP[O.K Prost & Senna didn't quite make it a full house thanks to the late J.L Schlesser]

& the new cars sound like a hoover with the belt broken.

Fuel saving, charging batteries for one thing & another. This is the pinnacle of motorsport. Get the screamers back, give them fuel & let them get on with racing.

Amazing final laps and the crash with Massa was crazy. Wonder what was going through his mind as he hit the tyre wall.

Glad the all got out ok.