hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take the chuckle brother right now !.

Would it be like a time share ownership thing?

"To me, to you, to me....."

2. Log in to remove the advert

At least they knew how to pass the ball

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Would it be like a time share ownership thing?

"To me, to you, to me....."
    i should have thought of that one,

Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    I heard many moons ago about the Barclay brothers that wanted to buy us but farmer refused. They own one of the newspapers? I might be totally wrong so somebody may have to set me right?
    There was a time many moons ago when media organisations were investing in football clubs. The Yams got some in 1999.

The Barclay Brothers who owned The Scotsman Publications until 2005 were rumoured to be interested in investing. Looking at their portfolio of interests and investments I think this was a rumour without foundation.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=NatureBoy;3948790]
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Who?

You don't know?

Of course I don't know as sadly I don't have a crystal ball. It is my firm belief however if STF took a more aggressive approach in selling the club there would be numerous interested parties.
    We are a capital city club with all the foundations in place, are you honestly telling me nobody would show a blind bit interest?

It's pretty clear from your opening post that you want an owner who cares about the club I.e. a Hibs fan. If such a potential owner exists they wouldn't need the club to be publicly put up for sale to show interest.

First Team Breakthrough
    STF is not running things as far as I'm aware, his son has taken over since his recent stroke. His son has even less interest in football, so it look as though Petrie is pulling all the strings

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    They are already managing the team by the look of things.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    STF is not running things as far as I'm aware, his son has taken over since his recent stroke. His son has even less interest in football, so it look as though Petrie is pulling all the strings
    Jeez, That's all I wanted to hear! I have just gone from depressed to suicidal!
    Last edited by Criswell; 30-03-2014 at 05:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    STF has not had a stroke, he is not looking a well man but has not had a stroke.

I think there would be more chance of his daughter taking over at ER than his son.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ......................... Brilliant !!!

Coaching Staff
    http://startups.co.uk/kwik-fit-found...-others-video/

'The manager and team of people were the most important, they were number one'.......'unless they were highly self motivated nothing would ever happen'

Well Sir Tom, nothing has been happening for a good while now.......how's about you step up to the plate and tell Hibs supporters that you are telling these players and management the same

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I rarely post on the forum as I enjoy reading and somebody usually makes the point i would anyway.

I'm of the personal opinion that Mr Farmer is the number one culprit for the ongoing situation at our club! Don't get me wrong Petrie is woeful and should be gone but he's only acting on instructions from our Teflon owner. The whole acceptance of the mediocre filters right through the club and if you shoot for the average you end up so much worse.

Sir Tom will always have our thanks but surely the time is now to hand over to someone with a bit drive and passion, who'd actually feel like they've been shot in the guts by a result like today's.
    to be fair to farmer he's not a football man,he's also not stupid with money so no way will he authorize Petrie to go into the overdraft

I rarely post on the forum as I enjoy reading and somebody usually makes the point i would anyway.

I'm of the personal opinion that Mr Farmer is the number one culprit for the ongoing situation at our club! Don't get me wrong Petrie is woeful and should be gone but he's only acting on instructions from our Teflon owner. The whole acceptance of the mediocre filters right through the club and if you shoot for the average you end up so much worse.

Sir Tom will always have our thanks but surely the time is now to hand over to someone with a bit drive and passion, who'd actually feel like they've been shot in the guts by a result like today's.
    Anyone in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Pans Hibby View Post
    At the very very least Farmer should be telling us what his plans are for our club. At the moment we hear nothing except for the jangling of collecting tins when our season tickets are due for renewal.

We need to know what his strategy and objectives are. Are plans already in place for a smooth handover to potential buyers who have Hibs at heart?

The time for this ongoing silence is well and truly at an end.
    Strategy is break even and do not get relegated in that order.

You don't know?

Of course I don't know as sadly I don't have a crystal ball. It is my firm belief however if STF took a more aggressive approach in selling the club there would be numerous interested parties.
    We are a capital city club with all the foundations in place, are you honestly telling me nobody would show a blind bit interest?[/QUOTE] I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    You want the Barclay Brothers to own Hibs?
    Please no.

His son prefers music and is a rugger man that is why Tim Gardiner was employed as a bean counter.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    STF has not had a stroke, he is not looking a well man but has not had a stroke.

I think there would be more chance of his daughter taking over at ER than his son.
    Now that would be interesting watching Budgie V Farmer

Not good to read Sir Tom isn't in good health?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    I hadn't heard anything about poor health! is this true?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Not good to read Sir Tom isn't in good health?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I hadn't heard anything about poor health! is this true?
    Even if someone did know anything, this is not the place to be talking about these things.

I think the best thing is that the original post is deleted.

Even if someone did know anything, this is not the place to be talking about these things.

I think the best thing is that the original post is deleted.
    Why delete the original post? The OP has made good, valid points IMO. It must be time to move on. Name the East Stand "The Tom Farmer stand" and show our respect to the man but the end of the day we are a football club, that is our bread and butter, not to be run well on paper. For some reason you dont win trophys for having nice balance sheets. We need to get it right on the park or we will crumble as a club. Season ticket sales will be down next season and with no Hearts in the league, we will take another big hit financially.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Why delete the original post? The OP has made good, valid points IMO. It must be time to move on. Name the East Stand "The Tom Farmer stand" and show our respect to the man but the end of the day we are a football club, that is our bread and butter, not to be run well on paper. For some reason you dont win trophys for having nice balance sheets. We need to get it right on the park or we will crumble as a club. Season ticket sales will be down next season and with no Hearts in the league, we will take another big hit financially.
    We shouldn't be speculating about anybody's health.

We shouldn't be speculating about anybody's health.
    Thank You for a sensible post !
    To those advocating " removing" STF :
    BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Left by mutual consent!

Aye, let's get some Eastern European in who will take us for a ride. And then we can go to the fan ownership model, 'cause that works really well, eh? Obviously, either of those is preferable to the queue round the block of multi-millionaires waiting to invest in Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Aye, let's get some Eastern European in who will take us for a ride. And then we can go to the fan ownership model, 'cause that works really well, eh? Obviously, either of those is preferable to the queue round the block of multi-millionaires waiting to invest in Hibs.
    That's not what the post said at all?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    That's not what the post said at all?
    No; the post said "move on Farmer" without any suggestion as to a workable alternative.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    But he did.
    Aye, 20 plus years ago.

No; the post said "move on Farmer" without any suggestion as to a workable alternative.
    Well we mere mortals don't know the alternatives. We shouldn't assume the only option is some Vlad-like character just because we are not aware of said person / group.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well we mere mortals don't know the alternatives. We shouldn't assume the only option is some Vlad-like character just because we are not aware of said person / group.

Then mere mortals shouldn't make knee-jerk calls for the removal of safe owners.

People should get the news into their skulls that there is no one out there waiting to take on Hibs, without offering an alternative - which there isn't. If there was, it would have happened. If there was, someone similar would have rescued hertz. They haven't. They're going to be liquidated, because the budge offer is laughable, and their fan ownership plan is ludicrous.

Or we could continue to be 10th every season, have 3 good seasons in every 20 year and continue to be the laughing stock of scottish football. If Farmer has no interest in football then the logical thing would be, not to own a football club. Its defo time to move on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Or we could continue to be 10th every season, have 3 good seasons in every 20 year and continue to be the laughing stock of scottish football. If Farmer has no interest in football then the logical thing would be, not to own a football club. Its defo time to move on.

Brilliant. What's the suggestion then? Where's the queue of multi-millionaires waiting to invest? Where's the one, fairly rich guy who wants to waste his cash?

Oh, sorry. They don't exist. You must mean fan ownership? Brilliant (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Spot on. Everyone is grateful to STF but after 20 odd years it's pretty obvious that footballing success isn't part of his remit.
    He needs more time :)

We should embed that within the club badge.

Along with 'in a transitional period since 1875'

Blog Entries
    We aren't even the laughing stock of Edinburgh football. But you could be with your analysis of Farmers tenure. 3 good seasons? Think you need to check your facts before shooting your mouth off about how bad the club is.

Thank goodness your logic wasn't used 25 years ago. Since then we've been the laughing stock in more cup finals than the likes if St Johnstone have had in their history.

If people like you hound out Farmer, you will definitely regret it.

Along with 'in a transitional period since 1875'
    Whilst suffering Jamboid delusions of being a bigger team than we are.