hibs.net Messageboard

Trump International Golf Course

http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/course

Got a tee time for Wednesday at 1115 green fees £50, and we have 1 space if anybody fancies it, 2 cars going up from Edinburgh will share petrol costs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Would love to but going on holiday next week and can't spare the time. Gutted.

Look forward to seeing how you get on and your thoughts.

Played it not long after it opened thanks to a gift from someone I had dealings with in a previous job.

It's a brilliant course, very tough. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/course

Got a tee time for Wednesday at 1115 green fees £50, and we have 1 space if anybody fancies it, 2 cars going up from Edinburgh will share petrol costs
    How did you get that price if you don't mind me asking?I can't play on Wednesday but I'd be keen to see if they had the same offer on Friday...meant to be playing the Old Course but I've played it quite alot and really fancy a go at Trumps place, it looks terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    How did you get that price if you don't mind me asking?I can't play on Wednesday but I'd be keen to see if they had the same offer on Friday...meant to be playing the Old Course but I've played it quite alot and really fancy a go at Trumps place, it looks terrific.
    The offer is for this week only quote "Golf Scotland"

When did it open?!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    When did it open?!
    Last August I think, has been closed all winter and reopen officially on Saturday

Panic over we have a fourth player, cheers peeps

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Panic over we have a fourth player, cheers peeps
    Jealous, extremely jealous!

I'm looking forward to a comprehensive report when you guys return.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

Course was cracking, a decent track and every hole was a different challenge, 6 tee positions we played from the whites as recommended by the starter, most tee shots had a 100 yard carry from the tee before hitting a small landing area, loads of bunker placed in strategic landing areas, 4 cracking par 3's shortest being 150 yards and longest being a modest 180 yards, but every one you are aiming at the green and about 30 yards fairway in front of it. We paid £50 for our round which normally comes in at £195, and for our cash we got a welcome pack on arrival, which contained a course shot saver, a metal bag tag, and a bottle of water, we were welcomed as if we were minted, shown to our table where we could help our self to complimentary fruit or sweets, with free tea or coffee, on the range we all had a free bucket of 50 balls, there was also a short game practice area, and a massive putting area with around 18 pin position's [putting green was much slower than the greens on the course.

We were welcomed on the course by the starter who gave us a line for our 1st drives, there was a bit of walking between greens and tees, and no buggies or electric carts are allowed, but they do offer you complimentary pull trolley's, at half way starter had a wee chat and asked us how we were doing and offered a little bit of advice for the back 9. play is fairly slow even though we were not held up on the tee too many times, course recommendations are for a 4 1/2 hour round.

After the round we were invited to have complimentary soup and sandwiches.

so all in all a cracking day was had and I would recommend it to any golfer but at £195 a round, I'd wait for an anther offer to come round.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

Course was cracking, a decent track and every hole was a different challenge, 6 tee positions we played from the whites as recommended by the starter, most tee shots had a 100 yard carry from the tee before hitting a small landing area, loads of bunker placed in strategic landing areas, 4 cracking par 3's shortest being 150 yards and longest being a modest 180 yards, but every one you are aiming at the green and about 30 yards fairway in front of it. We paid £50 for our round which normally comes in at £195, and for our cash we got a welcome pack on arrival, which contained a course shot saver, a metal bag tag, and a bottle of water, we were welcomed as if we were minted, shown to our table where we could help our self to complimentary fruit or sweets, with free tea or coffee, on the range we all had a free bucket of 50 balls, there was also a short game practice area, and a massive putting area with around 18 pin position's [putting green was much slower than the greens on the course.

We were welcomed on the course by the starter who gave us a line for our 1st drives, there was a bit of walking between greens and tees, and no buggies or electric carts are allowed, but they do offer you complimentary pull trolley's, at half way starter had a wee chat and asked us how we were doing and offered a little bit of advice for the back 9. play is fairly slow even though we were not held up on the tee too many times, course recommendations are for a 4 1/2 hour round.

After the round we were invited to have complimentary soup and sandwiches.

so all in all a cracking day was had and I would recommend it to any golfer but at £195 a round, I'd wait for an anther offer to come round.
    Excellent - it sounds like a must visit for the future - the next time an offer is available!

I've copied and pasted your "report" and sent it to a mate who is going up tomorrow under the same scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Excellent - it sounds like a must visit for the future - the next time an offer is available!

I've copied and pasted your "report" and sent it to a mate who is going up tomorrow under the same scheme.
    It is £100 for the month of April I believe
    Did the picture file open for you?

It is £100 for the month of April I believe
    Did the picture file open for you?
    Yes it did. It looks intimidating but simply superb - and not a wind farm in sight.

Say what you like about Trump but he doesn't do things by half-measure and the fact that green fee offers like this are occasionally made available dispels the myth about alleged exclusivity.