hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Derek McInnes

Derek McInnes

I don't usually care about any teams/managers outside of Hibs, but I was just listening to his interview on Sportsound, can't help having a lot of respect for McInnes. He keeps his feet firmly on the ground and made some interesting points despite some of the leading questions the 'panel' were asking him. Good manager, and even though I have faith in TB and his staff, credit where credit's due, Aberdeen would still be ***** without him IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

McCall, McInnes, Mcnamara, and hopefully Butcher look to fight it our for best of the rest over the coming seasons..

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    On another subject, all that Peter Pawlett chart stuff is embarrasing. Serial cheat and a very overhyped footballer that caused Dundee to be unfairly relegated last season.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On another subject, all that Peter Pawlett chart stuff is embarrasing. Serial cheat and a very overhyped footballer that caused Dundee to be unfairly relegated last season.
    I agree Pawlett is a massive ****, however I think the chart thing is quite fun tbh.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Why all the hate?...The fans getting together to get a song in the charts - surely that's fun rather than embarrassing..

As for Pawlett - most improved player this year for me - must be a stick on for young player of the year! Future Scotland player.

I hope he isn't young player of the year, very overrated and I don't tolerate simulation. He's a diving prick, players like him shouldn't be admired in my eyes

@hibs.net private member
    I can understand the dislike for his diving...but this "over-rated" chat I don't get at all....at times this season he has been almost unstoppable...excellent young player..

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KuqiKuqiCoo View Post
    I hope he isn't young player of the year, very overrated and I don't tolerate simulation. He's a diving prick, players like him shouldn't be admired in my eyes
    wish we had a few overrated players like him, instead we have got duds, also agree he does dive so what, he runs with pace something we aint got so he is likely to get clipped and make the most of it. still james collins or pawlett i no who i would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    wish we had a few overrated players like him, instead we have got duds, also agree he does dive so what, he runs with pace something we aint got so he is likely to get clipped and make the most of it. still james collins or pawlett i no who i would prefer.
    No excuses for diving.

Diving can't be excused, it's disgusting to try and cheat to benefit his team. If he's that good, then surely he doesn't have to dive about the place to earn his team freekicks and penalties? Once a cheat, always a cheat

The thing is that he's not a player who's dived once or twice and shown remorse for the fact, he's dived on multiple occasions and directly contributed to a team being relegated from it. He's an embarrasment to his club. Cheating little prick.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I can understand the dislike for his diving...but this "over-rated" chat I don't get at all....at times this season he has been almost unstoppable...excellent young player..
    Yep.

Hate diving and it's inexcusable but there's no doubting Pawlett has developed into a really good young player.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years