hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Worst frontmen/women in music?

Got to say Danny McNamara from Embrace for me, check out these vocals:

Nae charisma either between songs. The thing is that their guitarist has quite a good voice and sings on their recent single Refugees, why you wouldn't have him singing is beyond me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Marnie Stern. Travelled through to see her in Glasgow a few months back. Left after 15 minutes. Her voice was horrific, shouldn't do live gigs if that's her true live voice.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Anthony Keidis, Red Hot Chili Peppers - seen them 3 times and not once did he interact with the crowd.

Ian Watkins - Lostprophets - nowt to do with his abhorrent crimes but as a frontman, he was awful. Arrogant, poor live and a total bell-end away from the stage.

Adam Lazzara - Taking Back Sunday - was a huge fan until I heard them live. Worst lead singer I've ever heard live.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Ian Brown was an obnxious spoilt brat when I saw him play at the corn exchange. Went right off him.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to say Danny McNamara from Embrace for me, check out these vocals:

Nae charisma either between songs. The thing is that their guitarist has quite a good voice and sings on their recent single Refugees, why you wouldn't have him singing is beyond me.
    To be fair, I've seen embrace a few times and they've been outstanding, and prior to seeing them I want much of a fan.

I agree with the comment about Ian Brown as well, saw him a couple of times solo and he was abysmal and blamed everyone else. That said, Some Roses at Glasgow Green last year were brilliant.

Once upon a time Liam Gallagher was a great frontman but he's like a parody these days, he doesn't pull it off at all now.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    To be fair, I've seen embrace a few times and they've been outstanding, and prior to seeing them I want much of a fan.

I agree with the comment about Ian Brown as well, saw him a couple of times solo and he was abysmal and blamed everyone else. That said, Some Roses at Glasgow Green last year were brilliant.

Once upon a time Liam Gallagher was a great frontman but he's like a parody these days, he doesn't pull it off at all now.
    Last month were the third time I've seen them - always enjoyed them as they have so many good songs but technically they're sloppy as **** live IMO, but it's all opinion. Don't get me wrong, I do like Embrace.

Billy Corgan too. Saw them a few years back at the SECC and they were absolutely dreadful.

Axl Rose is beyond parody nowadays too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Anthony Keidis, Red Hot Chili Peppers - seen them 3 times and not once did he interact with the crowd.

Ian Watkins - Lostprophets - nowt to do with his abhorrent crimes but as a frontman, he was awful. Arrogant, poor live and a total bell-end away from the stage.

Saw both of these at Reading Festivals once - Keidis stormed off after a few songs (they sounded awful anyway!) having an argument with the guitarist and Watkins was as you say; arrogant and clearly not trying. Plus he spoke in an American accent on stage which is ****ing annoying!

Will throw in the guy from Smashing Pumpkins too.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    This will go totally against the grain but the worst I've ever seem was Lee Brilleaux. Eddie and the Hot Rods were the support and they totally blew the Feelgoods off stage - must have been in the Odeon maybe 1978. Lee wasn't interested, just went through the motions, just didn't want to be there. They never even got a round of applause at the end, no encore.

A one-off maybe.

Echo previous comments about Anthony Keidis. The Chilli's gig at Murrayfield was terrible and he stopped for about 10 minutes in the middle of their set to call someone in America!!! I'm still raging :)

Ian Brown is definitely the worst singer I've heard live and I would never pay to see him live again.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Billy J Kramer & Dakotas
    He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by The Hibee Harp View Post
    Echo previous comments about Anthony Keidis. The Chilli's gig at Murrayfield was terrible and he stopped for about 10 minutes in the middle of their set to call someone in America!!! I'm still raging :)

Ian Brown is definitely the worst singer I've heard live and I would never pay to see him live again.
    It was John Frusciante that stopped to phone Johnny Ramone. I wouldn't say it was a terrible gig, it was extremely bland though. Sylar is bang on about Kiedis not interacting with the crowd.

Alex Turner's (Arctic Monkeys) recent gimmick is pretty weird and annoying. It's gone on so long that I don't think it's even a joke now?