hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Exactly. It's a very, very short career.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totaly agree with this loyalty crap, did Pat Stanton no leave us to play with Celtic. Your tellin me you wouldn't grab at the chance to make four times your wage you lot would jump at the chance.
    I don't think Pat left for "the money". Iirc, Ned kinda pushed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Is he really deserving of the status he has been given? One great season before moving on doesn't merit it IMO
    His goals probably saved us from a relegation scrap last year.

I won't applaud him in a Celtic strip, I don't wish him any luck at Celtic but he's well deserving of respect from Hibs fans and I wish him no ill.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He showed a great deal of love for our club and as such I wish him well wherever he goes.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Don't understand at all why some fans feel the need to abuse him for moving to Celtic. He made a move that was best for him in that he can be close to his family and get the best wage he could whilst doing that.

He provided us with some great memories, pretty much got us to a scottish cup final on his own, scored two brilliantly taken goals against the ****bos and is hibs through and through.That will never change, as proven by his delight when he scored against them at tynie few weeks back. Horrible to see him in a Celtic shirt I agree but dont hate the guy for it.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Let's not kid ourselves, he's Hibs through and through and if he could get the same money here as he does elsewhere there is only one green he'd be wearing and that's the original one.

However he's also a pro footballer who wants to look after his dependents as best he can in his short term of earning from the game.

Instead of lamenting players who leave we should perhaps be lamenting our own lack of growth on the playing side, whereby we haven't risen to the level to offer better money to players.

Yes he's a player in an opposing side but he's also a Hibs fan who served us well and gave us several good memories.

How should we react to him going to watch the club he supports? There is no should. Whether he is snubbed, abused, idolised or quietly appreciated is entirely down to the individual, and will also tell us a lot about the particular individual in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I will always respect LG for his contribution to Hibs, I admire him as a player and that won't change no matter who he plays for.
    Think it's good to see players who support clubs still go to games and not bother what Celtic Fans think .Shows he still has affection for the club .He is one that could come back and play for us later in career and if still scoring goals would have no issue with that

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Realistically, without LG last season we would have been majorly struggling to be kept out of a relegation dogfight and denied one of the most enjoyable games at Hampden ive ever seen, as well as two trips to a Scottish cup final (Although I wish he hadnt bothered now ). The fact he's a massive Hibs fan and still wants to come and watch us despite the fact he knows he'll probably piss off a number of 'Celtc' fans by doing so makes him even more of a hero. Dont understand folk suddenly disliking him because hes chosen the oppourtunity to move back home to be closer to his family and support them on a higher rate of pay at the same time. He'll be back in a Hibs top one day and I for one cant wait for it

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    His time has gone. Like many before him he has put gold before loyalty and must now pay the price by going from hero to zero.
    Loyal fans would surely know the difference between a player who's only ever been on loan, and one who is on the books?

28 goals in 2012/13 with very little service, compared to DR's 23 goals in 2004/5 with a quality team behind him.
    Last edited by midfield_maestro; 09-03-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    so would you given tbe chance.

i find it amazing how some people just dont get it when a player moves onto bigger riches
    It's called jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Is he really deserving of the status he has been given? One great season before moving on doesn't merit it IMO
    I think individual fans have individual views on this. Some appreciate what he did for us, others will taunt him for signing for Celtic. Either way it cannot be denied he gave us Hibs fans a barrowload of joyous moments in an otherwise dire period for the club.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I do get it and i would do the same. But i think we should stop going on about him now he plays for the enemy. We always have memories if some great goals.
    yes agree,admire and like him but the love in needs to be turned down a few notches ...............till he re-signs for hibs !

I still love Leigh Griffths. Welcome back at ER anytime.

I fear us liking Griffiths might give the whole Celtic team a boost while disheartening our players. We should stop

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I think individual fans have individual views on this. Some appreciate what he did for us, others will taunt him for signing for Celtic. Either way it cannot be denied he gave us Hibs fans a barrowload of joyous moments in an otherwise dire period for the club.
    I choose to do both!

I loved Leigh Griffiths when he was with us but it makes me sick seeing him in a Celtic strip and I'm dreading seeing him back at Easter Road wearing their colours and no doubt scoring goals against us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone think he will get boo'd at ER?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Nope.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Nope.
    Hope not, but theres always one or two who like a boo

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I would hope not.

I have absolutely no intention of cheering him either but booing him would be ridiculous.

I hope his appearance is met with complete indifference by the Hibs support.

Quote Originally Posted by salinehibs View Post
    It's called jealousy.
    Why on earth would anyone be jealous of Celtic? Horrible horrible club and with or without Griffiths I'd never be jealous of them

For what it's worth, I won't taunt him for making money in his career. I just think we have put him on a pedastool because we have been so starved lately.

Sensational talent. I felt privileged when we have him. If he ever comes back I'd hope it's because he wants to bring us success not because his career is ending and he wants a season with us again.

you can see the rumours about Thomsons injury are true, the way he hobbles down the steps to see Griffiths, must be out for the season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    You forgot to include one major fact he is a hibby through and through so if he turns up to support us then best of luck to him. It was petrie who wouldn't cough up the money for him when it mattered BLEW it big time.
    Tautological nonsense.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    You forgot to include one major fact he is a hibby through and through so if he turns up to support us then best of luck to him. It was petrie who wouldn't cough up the money for him when it mattered BLEW it big time.
    When was it that Petrie didn't cough up ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    Found this on youtube and thought i would share it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyJ3...jGYtFrDPeg5Ieg
    Wish he was on the pitch. He doesn't suit a celtic strip, only a hibs strip