hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Think the moral of the story is play Cairney and Heffernan from the start.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me it looked like an accidental clash between two players concentrating on the ball. A replay might prove me wrong, but that was my impression at the time.
    I don't disagree but that doesn't mean it wasn't a foul. It was reckless and endangered Stanton, a clear foul.

Another awful ref, his main focus seemed to be ensuring we took free kicks from the exact spot the foul occurred, slowed the game down constantly.

McFadden should also have been booked for pulling Williams arm stopping him releasing a ball quickly. Where is the consistency with these muppets?!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't disagree but that doesn't mean it wasn't a foul. It was reckless and endangered Stanton, a clear foul.

Another awful ref, his main focus seemed to be ensuring we took free kicks from the exact spot the foul occurred, slowed the game down constantly.

McFadden should also have been booked for pulling Williams arm stopping him releasing a ball quickly. Where is the consistency with these muppets?!
    I see where you're coming from but there was minimal contact exaggerated by Williams, have seen it done dozen of times and would rather no yellow cards for petty little instances like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post
    We still lack creativity and good dribblers - Stanton has added to that but when Cairney runs at players and links in with others we certainly are more dangerous attacking.
    This although he could a lot better .Often doesn't pass when should and ends up getting tackled and opposition go on counter attack.But agree Lewis is more likely to charge forward then stop and pass sideways or pass back ,and Craig is too deep and off form .

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I see where you're coming from but there was minimal contact exaggerated by Williams, have seen it done dozen of times and would rather no yellow cards for petty little instances like this.
    Was difficult to see the contact from my part of the East but am I being paranoid to suggest a Hibs player would've been booked for an identical offence?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Was difficult to see the contact from my part of the East but am I being paranoid to suggest a Hibs player would've been booked for an identical offence?

I think we all tend to think along those lines at times, pretty sure fans of other teams have the same thoughts.................................who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This although he could a lot better .Often doesn't pass when should and ends up getting tackled and opposition go on counter attack.But agree Lewis is more likely to charge forward then stop and pass sideways or pass back ,and Craig is too deep and off form .
    Agreed about Cairney - final goal was a good example when to pass the ball to a team mate. Commit them and then pass - he often passes too early. When he plays well though we are a different team.