hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watmore injury

Left by mutual consent!
    Was speaking to a lad last night who's cousin plays for Sunderland reserves and reckons Watmore is rubbish and will be released. I've told him this goes against everything I've already heard about the lad and what he looked like in his first performance for us but he was adamant.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was speaking to a lad last night who's cousin plays for Sunderland reserves and reckons Watmore is rubbish and will be released. I've told him this goes against everything I've already heard about the lad and what he looked like in his first performance for us but he was adamant.
    I know for a fact that Sunderland hold him in high regard. I was told this by the coach that scouted him, signed him for Sunderland and then suggested he come to Hibs on loan.

He's far from rubbish.

Winding you up He hasn't been there long enough to make that judgement .There was no mention of him being injury prone so that would be one reason to let him go .He needs to prove he can go out on loan and handle the physical part of game and like Cummings for us young players at some point need to start scoring for first team as Stanton has done We have had lots of under 20 players that were prolific but could step up Kurtis Byrne was the classic example,he put Rangers to the sword at youth cup final at Hampden and looked a cert to find his way into first team as saw him a few times ,but it didn't happen for him

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    If he's not in the squad today he may as well go home. He was brought in for the cup and that went threepennies up quite quickly. He got no protection from the ref. All 4 Rovers bookings were tackles on him. Still haven't seen the pen at the end again but at the game thought it looked stonewall being assaulted by two tackles from each side. Watmore isn't going to bring the "fed ups" after the Rovers game back so I think we are safe from the play off spot, so lets see the youths....
    Last edited by O'Rourke3; 08-03-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Winding you up He hasn't been there long enough to make that judgement .There was no mention of him being injury prone so that would be one reason to let him go .He needs to prove he can go out on loan and handle the physical part of game and like Cummings for us young players at some point need to start scoring for first team as Stanton has done We have had lots of under 20 players that were prolific but could step up Kurtis Byrne was the classic example,he put Rangers to the sword at youth cup final at Hampden and looked a cert to find his way into first team as saw him a few times ,but it didn't happen for him
    He's not the sort to be at the wind up mate, he won't know how highly we regard Duncan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I know for a fact that Sunderland hold him in high regard. I was told this by the coach that scouted him, signed him for Sunderland and then suggested he come to Hibs on loan.

He's far from rubbish.
    I agree with you mate and what I've seen backs this up. Just thought I'd throw that out there. If they want to release him then sound! I'll have him here

I agree with you mate and what I've seen backs this up. Just thought I'd throw that out there. If they want to release him then sound! I'll have him here
    Indeed B. The boy is a player. The ref unfortunately didn't protect him enough v Raith. As for him being released... If that was indeed the case, which from what I've been told would be highly unlikely, then I'd take him in a flash.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If Watmore remains injured for much longer surely the loan deal will be cancelled.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    If Watmore remains injured for much longer surely the loan deal will be cancelled.
    The problem with the lads injury is there is no time limit to get back to fitness, he has bruising on the bone and all he can do is rest it and wait for it to heal and get stronger, Hibs probably just thought it was a knock and he would run it of through the week in training but he seemingly took a knock on the Thursday on the same bit and is now out for a few weeks at least.

This has been a real tragedy for me. I watched the clips posted on you tube and thought wow what a player. In the first interview he gave he came across as an intelligent and articulate young lad. Then some nomarks from Kirkcaldy boot him all over the park in that garbage cup competition. I say it's a real shame because he's exactly the kind of player that people would come along and watch on a Saturday even if they weren't Hibby's. The kind of player that would make stay away fans return to Easter Road. Hope the lad doesn't blame Hibs, possibly agrees to give us a go next year, and goes on to have a great career.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Only on loan till seasons end, and if recovery is another week or so, I'd suspect Sunderland will be reluctant to let him play in an environment where he will get kicked up and down the park and risk aggravating the injury for the sake of two or three games.
    Do you think he is pushing for a 1st team place down there like ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run