hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any point in making the top 6?
    No, i'd rather we made it interesting and bottomed out to fight to avoid the play-off place for the third or fourth season in a row.

F*** moving in the right direction, what's the point?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    No, i'd rather we made it interesting and bottomed out to fight to avoid the play-off place for the third or fourth season in a row.

F*** moving in the right direction, what's the point?
    Fighting relegation is actually more exciting than getting papped 5 times and finishing 6th. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Fighting relegation is actually more exciting than getting papped 5 times and finishing 6th. True story.
    I think we could experiment a bit more in the top six without the fear of dropping down the league further.

Left by mutual consent!
    The top 6 is massively do-able. Despite a poor season, we are three points off the team we are chasing which proves they drop points near enough as much as we do. They do have a big advantage in that they have a goal scorer and we don't.

I expect us to be bottom 6 because I am now used to Hibs regular failures to achieve targets!

I'm torn as to whether I want us to make top 6. Better money to be made and better for club morale but going on our record against the better teams we'd lose all the games which is never a great way to end a season. Actually, scrub that, don't want to be in the bottom 6 as we would then probably be on the fringes of a scrap to avoid the play off and while I maintain my stance that we will not be in the play off due to the fact that 4 teams won't over-take us, it would still be a bit close for comfort!

Anyway, looking at the OP's listed fixtures, Saints only have to play one top 6 team where as we have 4. Can't see us finishing above them personally but it is do-able if we can keep pace with them and beat them when we play them. If a 3 point gap becomes a 6 point at any stage then we can kiss it good bye given the respective fixture lists. Suspect if we do pip them it will down to them not picking up many points rather than us going on a surge.

As long as we are well safe, i'd give up top 6 this year just so we can give the yams a going away pummeling at Easter road.