hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree, hel get found out very quickly when he steps up in class. Decent but nothing special, Beltran would probably the belt off him.
    Rumour was the winner tonight will fight Vasquez.

If that's the case Crawford will lose badly. As would Burns have.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumour was the winner tonight will fight Vasquez.

If that's the case Crawford will lose badly. As would Burns have.
    Vazquez would take him apart. I can't see Burns fighting at world level again, and you would have to question wether his heart would be in it for domestic fights after a lengthy spell as a world champion.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    I had Crawford by two rounds. From what I saw, Crawford is in no way going to be an elite fighter. Vazquez would finish him inside 12 rounds. There are already talks of a rematch and if Ricky can avoid getting pushed into the ropes so often then he has a chance. Crawford was not comfortable trading punches in the centre of the ring.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Burns would be wasting his time in a rematch with Crawford, I agree with Jim Watt that certainly wasn't the Burns we expect to see. Having said that his last three fights have shown him to be in decline and I wonder where he can go now. I know he says differently but the confidence regarding his jaw looked to affect his usual game plan last night. Murray is one powerful lightweight and look forward to seeing more of him, Joshua certainly had the crowd behind him, looked decent enough though I'm pretty sure they could have pulled someone from the crowd who could fight better than his opponent.

Really not sure where Burns goes from here.

Last night was a really poor performance, as was the Gonzalez fight in large parts, Beltran is excusable because of the injury. He seems a shadow of the fighter who dismantled Martinez. Are any of his last 3 opponents significantly better than Martinez at the moment? Not imo.

Burns looked almost shell shocked last night and seemed reluctant to let shots go. I can't understand how a fighters style and sharpness can change so dramatically so quickly.

At world level there isn't a lot for him. With no belt and with a limited fan base he is of no interest to Vasquez. I can't see why Crawford would have any interest in a rematch. Would Abril, Gamboa or Figueroa have any interest in fighting Burns without a belt? Is he big enough or good enough to step up to the light welterweight division? Even domestically guys like John Murray, Anthony Crolla and Martin Gethin would be tough fights if Rickys heart wasn't 100% in it after fighting at world level for so long.

When all is said and done he could retire tomorrow with his head held high. He's won world titles at 2 weights and defended them 9 times. Everyone passes their peak at some point and I'm sure he has made a decent living these last 3 years. He's a really nice guy into the bargain so could probably offer a lot training youngsters and doing a bit media work.