hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    a quote from Terry

Our season now is nine games, 14 after the split. Each game is our own Cup Final

does he not know our record in cup finals ..............

Im sure TB and MM will turn us around but I hate it when managers and players come come out with all bravado stuff.
    The fans are hurting, we're going to do this, we're going to do that and what happens nothing the same old

i know the fans would go mental if nothing is said but I'd rather they did the talking on the pitch and get results then I might start to believe them

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a quote from Terry

Our season now is nine games, 14 after the split. Each game is our own Cup Final

does he not know our record in cup finals ..............

Im sure TB and MM will turn us around but I hate it when managers and players come come out with all bravado stuff.
    The fans are hurting, we're going to do this, we're going to do that and what happens nothing the same old

i know the fans would go mental if nothing is said but I'd rather they did the talking on the pitch and get results then I might start to believe them
    Yep, as others said though they have a duty to speak with media, it's the fans choice if we then listen or not.
    Personally, I've stopped listening to him already... for a few weeks at least.
    It's not that I don't trust him or think he will do well, I just don't want any more false hope that Hibs will be anything better than average / bottom half piddly SPL team.

That's all we are - and if he makes things better, then great, I'll be over the moon - But I feel the only way to now cope being a Hibs fan, is to severely lower your personal expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    On some other thread, on some other subject at some other time, Dave F posted 'blah blah blah, DO something about it'.

That's how I feel about this interview.

Butcher sounds tired too, have we worn him down already?
    WE haven't but the squad has IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    As he says, we've shown what we can do if we adhere to the high standards set at the beginning and we've seen what can happen if we fall below them. I hope this is a turning point.

Butcher is definitely the man to take us forward in the long term. He knows what needs to be done.
    This. He needs a full summer window - and he will act. :tbgwa:

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Butcher probably doesn't want to come out and be brutally honest because he needs the players he has too secure hibs in the premiership and push for hopefully the top 6. He will know the majority of them aren't want he wants though. I'm already looking forward to the summer and seeing what players he will bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Tbh I'm a bit fed up hearing he needs to get his own players in, we hear the same thing every time a new manager is appointed. Bottom line for me is the players at his disposal should not have lost 3 goals at home to Raith Rovers. His comments afterwards suggest he has no idea what happened on Saturday, but he blundered badly with tactics and formation - his comment about losing the midfield battle but yet making no changes to address that I found amazing.

I am NOT writing Butcher off, I hope in time he will become the manager to move us forward, but so far he's not been the messiah a number on here are painting him as.
    Agree the bit in bold and the man who could have made the difference, Robertson, limped off injured last night against the mini jambos. Hope he is fit for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    In the article it says top 6 would be a great achievement. Would it?! I may be making this up, but did TB not say top 6 was the least he expected, or was he talking about the next few seasons?